Customer Discussions > Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood forum

Is Assassin's Creed okay for an 8th grader?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 30, 2010 10:32:55 AM PST
M. Howell says:
I don't know anything about these games, but our 14 year-old just bought it at a local store and the one he bought says "not rated" on the packaging. I do know that it is rated "M" and that it's a killing game, but how bad is it really? Is it okay for an 8th grader? What about a 6th grader? He has a little brother who wants to play, too.

Posted on Dec 30, 2010 11:43:50 AM PST
Eric A. Sui says:
you may find this helpful
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed

Posted on Dec 30, 2010 3:53:20 PM PST
Ian B. says:
I have not played brotherhood yet, just the first one. I can tell you this: Yes there is killing in this game, as there is in most games these days. However, you are an assassin who goes after "the bad guys", people who have done evil. Also, you do your work with the upmost respect. Killing inocent civilians is highly frowned upon, and such an action does not uphold the assassin's creed. Language wise, I don't remember much bad language. I would say it is definately ok for an 8th grader in my opinion. The 6th grader is your call, but I think I would let my 6th grader play as long as they know that killing is wrong and this is just a game.

Posted on Dec 30, 2010 4:01:55 PM PST
Evan's A&V says:
yeah as long as your kids know killing is wrong (which i hope you said lol) its fine its a game

Posted on Jan 10, 2011 8:05:55 AM PST
I could tell you my opinion about it but, I feel that this site can do a better job.

WhatTheyPlay.com is a site for parents to decide if games are suitable for their children.
http://www.whattheyplay.com/products/assassins-creed-brotherhood-for-xbox-360/

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 2:01:14 AM PST
I guess it depends on what you consider inappropriate. The game is quite violent, and has bad language. Also there are courtesans (prostitutes) in the game - but they are only used to distract enemies attention - nothing else.
Overall nothing is too graphic -this is definitely not Grand Theft Auto bad, but I'd hardly call it suitable for all ages.

Posted on Jan 28, 2011 3:12:34 PM PST
I'm a ninth grader and i want the game but my parents don't approve with "m" ratings, blood, language, or a lot of violence. Im thinking i can turn the sound down, and not kill targets when they're home, but is there a way for me to turn off the blood? i dont like bloody games.

Posted on Jan 31, 2011 11:59:12 AM PST
Ben Rowland says:
The game is rated M for a reason, so you definitely want to look at the content, balance that with how mature your child is, and decide from there. The game involves a lot of killing, and it is bloody but not overly gory. You don't see limbs flying, guts spilling, or any of the visceral violence you would expect from a game like Dead Space or Splatterhouse. Likewise, it's not gratuitous like a GTA game. The killing is justifiable in the context of the game and the story, so as long as your child knows that it's wrong, I don't think you have a lot to worry about.

Posted on Mar 25, 2011 8:22:23 AM PDT
AJ says:
you all need to grow up it's a video game for christ's sake

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 12:24:09 AM PDT
J. GONZALEZ says:
This game is not your average game where you go killing every little thing in sight. You spend a good deal amount of time thinking strategy, looking for items, figuring out puzzles! Sometimes you save folks that are in need of help and you decide if you want to help them (usually involves killing bad guys who are sort of bullies). You are an assasin but certain kills can be difficult to pull off so you really need to use youre head! (especially in part one and 2) Sure the game does have violence but it more than makes up for it when you consider that this series is much "smarter" than the average game

Posted on Apr 24, 2011 3:18:46 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 25, 2011 12:31:14 AM PDT]

Posted on May 4, 2011 1:51:21 PM PDT
i like cheese

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2011 2:40:37 PM PDT
Evan's A&V says:
you must have no life

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2011 5:06:44 PM PDT
lizajane says:
yes you can turn off the blood

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 10:38:01 PM PST
P. Kilonzo says:
No just No

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 3:48:22 PM PST
c pryor says:
my 12 y.o. son has assassin's 1 and 2. While I have not watched him play both games from start to finish I am comfortable with him playing them. Yes there are courtesans however they aren't obvious as prostitutes (unless your sons know what one is I wouldn't dwell on it). There is profanity but I don't think it is anything a kid hasn't heard before. Of course this very subjective but I don't find the killing to be overly brutal or graphic-there's blood and death but we're not talking parts and pieces everywhere a la Mortal Kombat and there isn't any gloating or trophy moments by the main character. I totally agree with another post that Assassin's 3 is nowhere near as bad as the Grand Thefts. I understand where you're coming from; my son came home from a friend's house having played Assassin's 1 and wanted it. I saw the 'M' rating and immediately told him hell no. It wasn't until I asked around and basically researched that I was willing to buy it for my son with the understanding that the game would be returned if there was anything inappropriate. I do remind my son that killing is wrong and this is game and he's playing a character which is of course met with tween derision so there you go.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Dec 30, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 5, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood by UBI Soft (Xbox 360)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (530)