4.0 out of 5 stars Not PC at all!
While I was suffering through Pride and Prejudice (review coming soon but take a guess at my opinion), I knew I needed to be reading another book, some sort of nonfiction that would boost my mood.

I picked Tucker Max's A-holes Finish First, his sequel to I Hope They Serve Beer in H-ll.

Haven't heard of the infamous Tucker Max? Check out his website...
Published 18 months ago by Love at First Book

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor follow up to a pretty funny book.
Published on April 26, 2011 by Mr. Wonderful

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor follow up to a pretty funny book., April 26, 2011
This review is from: Assholes Finish First (Hardcover)
This book was a huge dissapointment. I really enjoyed IHTSBIH, but this book pales in comparison. Tucker Max seems to have bought into his own "celebrity" and it's quite annoying. "I AM TUCKER MAX!!!"...how many times do I have to read this line in all caps?!? He shouts so much during this book because he has so little new to say. What we have here folks is a one hit wonder. Do not bother with this one unless someone gives it to you for free and even then you probably will want your money back.

1.0 out of 5 stars SO DISAPPOINTING!!!, October 24, 2010
This review is from: Assholes Finish First (Hardcover)
I was a huge fan of the last book, I've read it 3 or 4 times. It was hilarious. But this book was such a let down. It only had a couple good stories and the rest were the kind of boring regular stories that everyone has. Most of these stories aren't even good enough to tell a couple friends over a few beers let alone put in a book. Instead of telling hilarious stories Tucker has chosen to tell a bunch of average stories trying to stress how much tail he gets and how great he thinks he is. He really over does it trying to stress that point. And most of the stories happened before the last book even came out which leads me to believe that these are just the stories that weren't good enough for the last book. This book was almost as bad as the his movie, which if you were lucky enough to have not seen it was aweful. The movie was one long boring chick flick about friendship and understanding.

Seriously, in one story a girl starts out cool but then gets crazy and ends with her throwing an ipod at him...that's it. Or some virgins want him to be their first and he slept with another midget. There wasn't any actual stories behind these subjects, just him saying that he did this stuff. There are only two good stories in this book, the rest is just some sad and creepy older guy trying to make the younger kids think he's still cool. Tucker started a new genre then became the Carson Daily of it. He took something great and made it suck just like Carson did with music videos.

So save yourself the time and money and skip this book, just re-read the last one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointed..., February 20, 2011
This review is from: Assholes Finish First (Kindle Edition)
Hoped for something funny. Makes Dane Cook look like Louis CK. Unbelievably bad storytelling, topped with annoying self affirmations every other sentence. Think american psycho starring stuart smalley.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kind of funny at first, but quickly became pathetic!, January 29, 2012
This review is from: Assholes Finish First (Kindle Edition)
I empathized with Tucker because I used to be that way when I was 22. The simple fact is guys who actually do what he "does," don't have to tell the world. Michael Jordan doesn't go around telling people that he is the best basketball player in the world, because people can recognize true talent. If Tucker Max wanted to just write about some of his personal experiences then fine, but he is constantly trying to sell you on how awesome he is, by literally writing "I AM AWESOME" nearly every other page.

If you're older than 17, don't waste your money on this book. I can't believe this guy is in his 30s.

1.0 out of 5 stars He is the President of his own fan club., December 8, 2011
This review is from: Assholes Finish First (Paperback)
What a pompous self centered jerk. He probably wakes up in the morning and makes love to himself. The book was a joke and this guy is a joke. It must be nice to think so highly of yourself, because you know nobody cares about you. Nice lies loser.

1.0 out of 5 stars very weak follow-up, April 18, 2011
This review is from: Assholes Finish First (Hardcover)
I liked about 90% of Tucker's first book, the NYT best seller I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell, and thought it was pretty hilarious (the sushi bar story, etc). This follow-up however was, for the most part, the 10% I didn't care for in IHTSBIH. It seemed to me like a collection of second-rate stories and a bunch of other crude material that I just didn't find that funny. Definitely felt like a weak and forced second book after riding on the coat-tails of his first. I would imagine that most people that liked IHTSBIH won't like this book as much (if at all).

1.0 out of 5 stars Total crap!, January 25, 2011
This review is from: Assholes Finish First (Hardcover)
If you are interested in reading boring stories about sex and alcohol then this book is for you! And by the way. He thinks he is awesome!

3.0 out of 5 stars Jumped the Shark, October 15, 2010
This review is from: Assholes Finish First (Hardcover)
I'd say I'm pretty disappointed as by comparison to IHTSBIH, which had me laughing out loud on a 4 hour flight and was quite possibly the best humorous read I'd ever had. I had tears rolling down my face and could hardly talk to my husband reading passages to him inflight from IHTSBIH. This follow up, was a disappointment by comparison. I hardly broke a chuckle and I really expected much more. This was despite having read the first chapter free via my kindle. I guess I hoped it would get better and funnier and never really did.

1.0 out of 5 stars This book is in NO way going to finish first!, January 4, 2011
This review is from: Assholes Finish First (Hardcover)
What a big disappointment. I love I hope they serve beer in hell and could not wait for Tuckers new book but this was such a big letdown. I would not waste my money on this book. It could not even keep my interest to finish it.

1.0 out of 5 stars ToEducated, January 26, 2011
This review is from: Assholes Finish First (Kindle Edition)
This is a total bust. You'd think that someone with this education would come up with something a little more challenging. He got the name of the book right however.

Assholes Finish First