5.0 out of 5 stars Great starting point for a collector!
I collected Pokemon cards as a kid back in the 90's. Recently I decided to start collecting again.

I bought from the seller Cardrushstore. I cannot vouch for any of the other sellers. Here is what I found:
-Every single card was in new condition.
-I had no rares, only commons with a few uncommons thrown in.
-Out of 100 cards, only 13 were...
Published on October 8, 2010 by Casey Foose

1.0 out of 5 stars Tons of fake and duplicate cards. Don't buy!
***OUT OF 100 CARDS, OVER HALF OF THEM WERE FAKE***

Published on August 26, 2011 by Matthew Dunn

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starting point for a collector!, October 8, 2010
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: 100 Assorted Pokemon Trading Cards with Bonus 6 Free Holo Foils (Toy)

-Every single card was in new condition.
-I had no rares, only commons with a few uncommons thrown in.
-Out of 100 cards, only 13 were duplicates, and no energy cards were included (yay!).
-Six cards were reverse holos. Very shiny :)
-The majority of the cards were Pokemon. Less than 12 were Trainer and Support cards.
-Shipping was fast, and my package was trackable.

I do not recommend this to anyone who seriously plays the game. None of the cards had great stats, and the majority of the Pokemon were basic. I also do not recommend this to someone who has been collecting Pokemon cards for a while, as one probably will not receive many uncommon or rare cards.

I do recommend this set to someone starting a collecting from scratch. Great variety!
I also think this would be a good set to use as party favors or something similar. If purchasing this set for kids, talk to them first and figure out if they want just a bunch of cards, or are looking for rarer ones. 100 copies of cards someone already has is pretty useless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, August 1, 2008
My son is pretty much addicted to Pokemon anything at the moment. I purchased these cards for his birthday and he loves them. There was actually a great variety (considering the site mentioned there may be dupes) - especially for the low price. I don't quite "get" the point of the card game myself, but my son enjoys playing with his friends. As far as "educational value" - I don't consider this an educational game, so hard to place a rank on that. If you play the game the way it's supposed to be played, though, it actually requires quite a bit of reading and basic math (adding scores, etc.) Can get pretty strategic, too. Overall very happy with the procudt and transaction.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tons of fake and duplicate cards. Don't buy!, August 26, 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
***OUT OF 100 CARDS, OVER HALF OF THEM WERE FAKE***

I recently decided to get into Pokemon cards, and have been trying out all of the 100 and 50-card bundles that are available on Amazon. I figured it's a good way to get a wide selection of cards to build my deck. With other sellers, I've had a generally good experience. Sure there are always duplicate cards, that's expected, but out of all the bundles, I've never received a worse selection of cards, or so many fake cards.

That's right, out of all the cards, about half the stack went into the trash. It's not difficult to tell the difference between fake and real cards. One of the biggest indicator is inconsistent colors and varied sizes in the blue borders around the back of the card. Half of the cards were orange-yellow instead of yellow, and had uneven borders on the back. You can also tell by how the cards feel in your hand, and the varied text fonts and spelling errors. I expect a couple fake cards here and there, but at least half of the cards out of a 100-card deck?! That's ridiculous.

Out of the cards I received that seemed to be legit, 3 or 4 of the cards were duplicated EIGHT TO TWELVE TIMES. Actually, I'm pretty sure I got 15 Professor Oak trainer cards! Again, I understand that duplicates are acceptable, but with the cards I received, I felt like I was getting cards that someone else didn't want. On top of it, most of these cards were not new, and had visible edge damage, scratches, etc. One final point: about ten of the cards I received were in Spanish. Granted, all of these were also fake and went in the trash, but last I checked this is an ENGLISH store front. I don't want Spanish cards that I can't use!

All in all, I will be reporting this seller for this product. Pokemon cards are a hot commodity, and it's the seller's responsibility to be honest with their description of their products. Not only that, it's the sellers responsibility to confirm the validity of their product. Very disappointed. So far from what I've seen, the other 100-card packs are fine, but stay away from this one!

UPDATE: I have been asked to list the seller I bought the cards from. He is KyleRWeber. Interestingly, it appears that he no longer sells on Amazon, but when he did, he had almost nothing but good feedback, which seems odd.

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, February 24, 2012
I think the phrase "You get what you pay for," applies perfectly for this lot of Pokemon Cards. I will start off by saying that I did, indeed, recieve exactly 100 Pokemon Cards with only two of them being first edition, plus an extra 6 Foil Cards. This is a good lot of cards for a relatively cheap price. Don't expect to be able to build an effective deck out of this alone, or even a deck at all. This lot works best as a small addition to someone's collection or a great start to a new one. Out of all of the cards I recieved, only two of them were damaged, and the damage on these two cards, while noticeable, was not that significant. Also, I did recieve a significant number of duplicates, 42, to be exact. That said, this is can certainly be worth the $16 it costs, depending on the person and what they're buying it for.

I will now list the exact cards that I recieved and list the Bonus Foil Cards.

Regarding the 6 Foil Cards, let me say that they are not "Promo" cards, the 6 cards that I recieved were in no way, "Promotional Cards". They were simply a few common and uncommon cards that were all Reverse Holo. This means that the area around the picture was Holo, not the picture itself. Just to clarify.

Foil Cards:

Caterpie 45/102
Weedle 86/112
Venonat 63/64
Bellsprout 66/130

Hope this review helped! Thanks for reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, September 23, 2009
Laura "lolagranola91" (Durand, WI, United States) - See all my reviews
I assume that most people who buy these know that normally if you buy a pack of 5 of them wrapped in cellophane from Target or wherever that you are paying about a buck a card - ridiculous if you ask me - but my 6 year old loves them - and they are great rewards for him completing chores or homework. What you are ordering here are 100 new cards - not wrapped in cellophane - but they came in a really nice plastic carrying case - which I hadn't anticipated - and my son can't wait until he earns all 100 cards so he can have the case too. There are duplicates which I would expect - but for the price - about 10 cents a card - oh well - also don't expect too many high value cards - but there are a few and once again for the price I say oh well.

1.0 out of 5 stars a ripoff!, May 14, 2011
My son used his allowance for this purchase. He is EXTREMELY dissapointed to find out of the hundred cards 26 are the exact same as well as 39 exact same. So for 65 cards of the 100 he got essentially 2 cards. Sad to ripoff a kid of his allowance.

1.0 out of 5 stars False Advertising, May 4, 2011
Steve (CA United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars
The description is completely false. Do NOT purchase. I received 100 cards (didn't count exactly for reasons below). Out of the 100 cards, there were only 3 unique cards: about 60 of card 1, 33 of card 2 and 7 of card 3. I'm assuming they're all commons, but didn't bother to look up.

Again, you do NOT receive 100 "assorted" cards.

To add insult to injury, the 6 "Free" Bonus Promo Foils were non-existent!

My son was VERY disappointed when the package arrived. The description is totally false. Do NOT purchase this item or from this seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome pack of 100 cards, May 14, 2009
A Kid's Review
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I think you should get one of these things. There were lots of cards that helped me make powerful decks. It also included some cards that are so old you can't find them in stores anymore. It even included a rare promo Mew!

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't get an assortment as advertised, April 29, 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
I was expecting to get an assortment of 100 different types of cards and instead I recieved 4 different types of cards - 25 of each. I am not happy with my order and do not plan to do any more business with this seller unless my product is exchanged for a better assortment of cards, I can understand having duplicates but 25 of the same card is ridiculous.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cards are used, not new, September 10, 2008
I bought three sets of these cards, thinking that I would be getting new cards that are just not in the original packaging. When they arrived, it was obvious that the cards are used and have been handled. Edges are worn or chipped, some are warped or bent. The description says nothing about these being used cards. I think this is deceptive advertising. Basically what you get are all the crappy cards that somebody else played with and then decided they didn't want.

Rate and Discover Movies