5.0 out of 5 stars Great isurance!
I haven't needed to use this on this purchase, but I do carry it on my DSLR and needed to make a claim. They are excellent to deal with and took care of my concerns. I have since purchased insurance for other electronics from this company. Highly recommend.
Published 9 months ago by Turningleaf

Published 10 months ago by Veit Stuphorn

3.0 out of 5 stars Documentation you receive does not support what you are told you have purchased, December 17, 2013
This review is from: Assurant 360º 2-Year Camera Accidental Damage Protection Plan ($50-$74.99) (Electronics)
I can't rate the plan itself as I haven't used it (I haven't even received the merchandise I purchased it for yet) but when I received the plan conditions via email, the contract terms do NOT support what I thought I had purchased. In fact, there is an all-cap exclusion in the contract for accidental damage. In the "Protection Summary" under "What Isn't Covered", "Accidental Damage" is item #2. Admittedly, it does say there "Unless Accidental Coverage Benefit is purchased, we don't cover items that are accidentally damaged..." But I have nothing in writing that reassures me that what I paid for is what I will get if my camera is damaged. Where is the expected written proof from Assurant that I have an Accidental Protection plan with them?

I called Assurant and did get a very nice attendant on the phone (hence the 3 Stars--giving them the benefit of the doubt here since I haven't yet actually used their service but the customer service for my question was very good). She said she has gotten calls on this before, that it is confusing since they have many different plans, but she has my account listed in their computer as one that has accidental coverage. It still bothered me that the contract and email sent to me has no wording other than "2 year protection plan" which just sounds like simply an extended warranty, which is not what I intended to purchase. I don't want to seem un-trusting, but I told her it would be reassuring to me if they could send me something confirming that I bought what I thought I bought. She promised to send me an email confirming I have Accidental Damage coverage so it seems that is the best I can hope for.

I wanted to make this comment here to hopefully either save other people from a "Huh? What the..?" experience and also to encourage the company, and Amazon, to make their contract terms more specific to the actual plan being purchased.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it., January 21, 2014
I thought I was buying accidental protection as it says, but when I went back and read the details it seemed clear that this was not what I bought. I contacted the company, and sure enough, it does not cover accidental drops.

1.0 out of 5 stars never received email.., January 20, 2014
Kim Burda (Rushford, Minnesota) - See all my reviews
I don't know how to use this. I received my Camera, which I love by the way! but still don't know what do make of this damage protection plan....I never received an email and I don't know how to apply it to my camera

1.0 out of 5 stars assurant protection plan, January 4, 2014
Have no proof I own this. Don't know the details. No specific information was ever given to me. Total waste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great isurance!, January 13, 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading coverage term, January 8, 2014
Called to get help w/ camera that did not work for downloading to PC. Assurant rep said coverage did not start until Manufacture warranty expires. Protection plan advertising states coverage started when I got the camera. Very ambiguous.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems good, January 3, 2014
I went ahead and called Assurant 360 for pre-sales questions on a coverage for a camera. The gentlemen knew the majority of the questions I asked so he seemed knowledgeable. My key concerns were for lens errors since this would be a gift and the camera would be used on the beach a lot and grains of sand tend to make its way into the lens gears and cause lens errors. According to this plan it would cover lens errors and of course accidental damage. They will also ship you a pre-paid box.

The real test is always when you actually want to use the protection plan is when you usually bump into problems. For now I can only give high ratings. If and when we need to take advantage of the protection plan is when it will be judged.

1.0 out of 5 stars What... are... you... rating... people?, May 31, 2014
It appears that every rating here says: Great! But I haven't had to use it! ---- then how do you know? Seriously. I went through all of the pages and was unable to find one that actually USED the service. So for now it is a complete unknown, but no longer -- unless they've changed in the last two years they are a horrific experience, the replacement item I received was scratched and dinged up. They were unsure if it was my original item that had been abused or a secondary item. I sent the camera back to them and received another with scratched lens, after about 10 more calls and arguing I had them send another and finally got the item... 12 weeks later.

5.0 out of 5 stars I hope I wont have to use, February 25, 2014
Great product if I have to use it. Its not a bad price for what is covering. Thank you very much

5.0 out of 5 stars a security, December 8, 2013
a security for my camera, really cheap and reliable!
just a security, go and get it, nothing more, I think.