Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

on December 17, 2013
I can't rate the plan itself as I haven't used it (I haven't even received the merchandise I purchased it for yet) but when I received the plan conditions via email, the contract terms do NOT support what I thought I had purchased. In fact, there is an all-cap exclusion in the contract for accidental damage. In the "Protection Summary" under "What Isn't Covered", "Accidental Damage" is item #2. Admittedly, it does say there "Unless Accidental Coverage Benefit is purchased, we don't cover items that are accidentally damaged..." But I have nothing in writing that reassures me that what I paid for is what I will get if my camera is damaged. Where is the expected written proof from Assurant that I have an Accidental Protection plan with them?

I called Assurant and did get a very nice attendant on the phone (hence the 3 Stars--giving them the benefit of the doubt here since I haven't yet actually used their service but the customer service for my question was very good). She said she has gotten calls on this before, that it is confusing since they have many different plans, but she has my account listed in their computer as one that has accidental coverage. It still bothered me that the contract and email sent to me has no wording other than "2 year protection plan" which just sounds like simply an extended warranty, which is not what I intended to purchase. I don't want to seem un-trusting, but I told her it would be reassuring to me if they could send me something confirming that I bought what I thought I bought. She promised to send me an email confirming I have Accidental Damage coverage so it seems that is the best I can hope for.

I wanted to make this comment here to hopefully either save other people from a "Huh? What the..?" experience and also to encourage the company, and Amazon, to make their contract terms more specific to the actual plan being purchased.
33 comments40 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2014
I thought I was buying accidental protection as it says, but when I went back and read the details it seemed clear that this was not what I bought. I contacted the company, and sure enough, it does not cover accidental drops.
11 comment15 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2014
I don't know how to use this. I received my Camera, which I love by the way! but still don't know what do make of this damage protection plan....I never received an email and I don't know how to apply it to my camera
on January 8, 2014
Called to get help w/ camera that did not work for downloading to PC. Assurant rep said coverage did not start until Manufacture warranty expires. Protection plan advertising states coverage started when I got the camera. Very ambiguous.
33 comments5 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2014
It appears that every rating here says: Great! But I haven't had to use it! ---- then how do you know? Seriously. I went through all of the pages and was unable to find one that actually USED the service. So for now it is a complete unknown, but no longer -- unless they've changed in the last two years they are a horrific experience, the replacement item I received was scratched and dinged up. They were unsure if it was my original item that had been abused or a secondary item. I sent the camera back to them and received another with scratched lens, after about 10 more calls and arguing I had them send another and finally got the item... 12 weeks later.
11 comment6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2014
Have no proof I own this. Don't know the details. No specific information was ever given to me. Total waste.
11 comment7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 17, 2014
Do not like how long this company takes to settle account and all the things you have to do in order to get your claim processed. This one is not as user friendly as square trade.
on August 14, 2014
I am very pleased with this company for when I returned the product that it covered they immediately refunded me. Excellant customer service online.
on January 3, 2014
I went ahead and called Assurant 360 for pre-sales questions on a coverage for a camera. The gentlemen knew the majority of the questions I asked so he seemed knowledgeable. My key concerns were for lens errors since this would be a gift and the camera would be used on the beach a lot and grains of sand tend to make its way into the lens gears and cause lens errors. According to this plan it would cover lens errors and of course accidental damage. They will also ship you a pre-paid box.

The real test is always when you actually want to use the protection plan is when you usually bump into problems. For now I can only give high ratings. If and when we need to take advantage of the protection plan is when it will be judged.
on June 17, 2014
Never used this company before so I thought I'd give them a try for the Camcorder I purchased for my Granddaughter. The disc that came with the Camcorder was broken when we open the box. Contacted the company we bought it from they were no help. Called Assurant Solutions and they said we had to call the manufacture. Did that with know response. Called them back and they said there was nothing they could do. I feel that they are the warranty company and they should have contacted the manufacture and got the disc for me.