Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Assurant 360º 2-Year Camera Accidental Damage Protection Plan ($50-$74.99)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on December 17, 2013
I can't rate the plan itself as I haven't used it (I haven't even received the merchandise I purchased it for yet) but when I received the plan conditions via email, the contract terms do NOT support what I thought I had purchased. In fact, there is an all-cap exclusion in the contract for accidental damage. In the "Protection Summary" under "What Isn't Covered", "Accidental Damage" is item #2. Admittedly, it does say there "Unless Accidental Coverage Benefit is purchased, we don't cover items that are accidentally damaged..." But I have nothing in writing that reassures me that what I paid for is what I will get if my camera is damaged. Where is the expected written proof from Assurant that I have an Accidental Protection plan with them?

I called Assurant and did get a very nice attendant on the phone (hence the 3 Stars--giving them the benefit of the doubt here since I haven't yet actually used their service but the customer service for my question was very good). She said she has gotten calls on this before, that it is confusing since they have many different plans, but she has my account listed in their computer as one that has accidental coverage. It still bothered me that the contract and email sent to me has no wording other than "2 year protection plan" which just sounds like simply an extended warranty, which is not what I intended to purchase. I don't want to seem un-trusting, but I told her it would be reassuring to me if they could send me something confirming that I bought what I thought I bought. She promised to send me an email confirming I have Accidental Damage coverage so it seems that is the best I can hope for.

I wanted to make this comment here to hopefully either save other people from a "Huh? What the..?" experience and also to encourage the company, and Amazon, to make their contract terms more specific to the actual plan being purchased.
33 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2014
I thought I was buying accidental protection as it says, but when I went back and read the details it seemed clear that this was not what I bought. I contacted the company, and sure enough, it does not cover accidental drops.
on January 20, 2014
I don't know how to use this. I received my Camera, which I love by the way! but still don't know what do make of this damage protection plan....I never received an email and I don't know how to apply it to my camera
on January 8, 2014
Called to get help w/ camera that did not work for downloading to PC. Assurant rep said coverage did not start until Manufacture warranty expires. Protection plan advertising states coverage started when I got the camera. Very ambiguous.
on May 31, 2014
It appears that every rating here says: Great! But I haven't had to use it! ---- then how do you know? Seriously. I went through all of the pages and was unable to find one that actually USED the service. So for now it is a complete unknown, but no longer -- unless they've changed in the last two years they are a horrific experience, the replacement item I received was scratched and dinged up. They were unsure if it was my original item that had been abused or a secondary item. I sent the camera back to them and received another with scratched lens, after about 10 more calls and arguing I had them send another and finally got the item... 12 weeks later.
on June 10, 2015
I thought I was buying a 2 year plan for AFTER my factory warranty expired. When I got the e-mail I found it was only extending the warranty for ONE year past the factory coverage. How can they advertise 2 years when they are only giving you one year?? I got my money back.
on January 3, 2014
I went ahead and called Assurant 360 for pre-sales questions on a coverage for a camera. The gentlemen knew the majority of the questions I asked so he seemed knowledgeable. My key concerns were for lens errors since this would be a gift and the camera would be used on the beach a lot and grains of sand tend to make its way into the lens gears and cause lens errors. According to this plan it would cover lens errors and of course accidental damage. They will also ship you a pre-paid box.

The real test is always when you actually want to use the protection plan is when you usually bump into problems. For now I can only give high ratings. If and when we need to take advantage of the protection plan is when it will be judged.
on February 14, 2016
The best , you gonna make sure it includes "ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE "or DROP and SPILL coverage . No hassle claim... I dropped my camera and scratched the lens . One phone call , 4 minutes and my check was in the way , no more questions asked. I will buy it for every camera I get from now on !!!!
on October 1, 2015
I normally get insurance with electronics but had never had to use it. Will the little point and shoot Olympus camera just stopped working. I almost forgot I bought insurance. Called them up, supplied receipt and model and serial number and they are sending me a check👍🏻📷. I am a happy camper
on February 17, 2015
VERY disappointed. It says it's a two-year warranty but actually the first year is a manufacturer's warranty that has nothing to do with Assurant. Then the next year is only for accidental damage, not malfunctions. This is a complete waste of money!!!