Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Assurant 360º 2-Year Camera Accidental Damage Protection Plan ($100-$125)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on March 25, 2014
The good news is that the company is very prompt in emailing you a cover sheet, a summary sheet, and the actual binding terms and conditions.

The bad news is that the T&Cs seem to be unchanged from a 1970s or 1980s draft (for example, mine, purchased for a Canon *digital* camera, was originally listed as a contract for a 35mm camera!). Not only that, but they're written in pretty opaque legal-esque language that seems designed to give the company cover to deny just about any claim (again, shades of the bad old days of service contracts in the 1980s). An example of this was that the contract specifically covers accidents but rules out cases of negligence!?!

Clearly, no one has proofread the T&Cs for a while, as shown by the sprinkling of incomprehensible sentences (I even saw one with NO verb!) and the instructions for canceling the contract, which instruct one to somehow physically mail (yes, via snail mail!) the "original" contract (which exists only as an email!) to a specified postal address in Georgia.

I consider a service contract as a promise to be there years down the road if I have a problem with the covered item, so I need to be confident the company's promise is sound. A poorly-written retro-style contract like this one really didn't inspire any confidence, so I sent off my letter to Georgia. We'll see what happens!

Update 5/2014: I'm dropping my rating to 1 star based on my experience trying to cancel the contract and get a refund:
a) I followed the T&C instructions and mailed my cancellation request and paper copies of the documents they emailed me, and a paper copy of my Amazon order to the designated address in GA within the initial 30 days. After 2 weeks, no response.
b) I called Assurant's customer service, described the above, and had to escalate to a supervisor to get them to agree to cancel and refund my contract. After 1 week, no response.
c) Called Assurant customer service again, and they agreed to refund my purchase price. After a few days, a *partial* refund appeared!
d) Emailed assurant using the Amazon web site issue-with-vendor process, describing all the above and asking that they give me a full refund. No response after a week.
e) Filed an Amazon A-to-Z Guarantee claim against Assurant for remainder of my purchase price. Got rest of refund from Assurant within a few days of this filing, so Amazon closed out the case.
Don't let it be said that Assurant doesn't make you work for your money back! :)
on February 29, 2016
This turned out to be a pretty straightforward policy for me. I had a Veho Muvi HD camera that I used as a dashboard camera for my truck. As I was climbing in to the truck, the camera fell out of my jacket pocket, and then I ran it over as I was pulling out of a parking spot.

Assurant emailed me a shipping label, I mailed them the broken camera, and they simply refunded me the purchase price of the camera. Used the money to just buy a new one, which came two days later via Amazon Prime.

Looking at the other reviews, it seems that some circumstances are not covered. Mine was covered, and was hassle-free. Perhaps others with success stories can write reviews detailing what happened, so others can better understand what this protection plan actually covers, and what it does not.
on July 23, 2015
I will never buy an electronic product (digital camera) again WITHOUT this protection. Stuff happens; fell down steps ... who saw THAT coming. This allowed me to purchase a new camera. I'm so thankful for this insurnace
on March 10, 2014
Did not protect the lenses associated with camera. Started protection a month before receiving new lens. Did not make sense to me. Basically something I will never buy again from amazon or Assurant. Returned Item a week after receiving it
on April 20, 2015
Can't say I've had to use the policy but guess what has just come up, a little dent in the lens cover that makes the cover stick all the time, having to manually slip it open all the way. Then a little bit of light seeps in showing in some angles on the pics. In reading this, looks like the lenses are not covered, and that's a common problem to have. So I think I am sorry I bought this coverage. And that's why the low rating. We are so gullible as consumers
on August 9, 2014
Received an email policy immediately. An assurant purchase is automatically registered for a device, which saves lots of time compared to other similar services. I haven't had to use the insurance yet, but I do wonder how a non-registered product works in terms of matching up the policy to a damaged device.
on March 15, 2014
I highly recommend getting this insurance. The claim process was easy and check was received as promised.
We highly recommend this!!!
on July 13, 2015
Haven't broken my camera yet (I say yet since the last two times it broke from an accident was within 2 years), so I'm happy that this plan was cheap enough to cover 2 years.
on May 5, 2016
A good Insurance for the New Purchase (Hope I never have to use it for anything Major)...Glad to have it for the Camera...excellent price for a 2 year policy.
on June 15, 2016
Just insurance can't really tell anything on it since never used it lol.. So my rating may be wrong just didn't know what to do