Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Assurant 360º 2-Year Home Theater Protection Plan ($50-$74.99)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 15, 2015
Directly form the contract I purchased: "WHAT ISN’T COVERED:
Assurant 360° Protection Plans do not cover
products used for commercial or business purposes.
Accidental Damage:
Unless Accidental Damage Coverage Benefit is
purchased, we don’t cover items that are accidentally damaged, such
as water damage, dropped devices and cracked laptop screens."

Also, Even though my plan's "Coverage start date*: 12/09/2014 [and] Coverage end date: 12/09/2016," were quoted as such. When I called Assurant, they told me no it does not start until 12/2015. When I pressed the representative about it really being a 1 year plan, she did not have a good answer.

They are counting the first year it is being covered by the manufacturer as part of the "2" year Assurant 360 plan. I would leave 0 stars if that was an option.
on February 18, 2015
Unless it is pass the manufacture warranty they WILL NOT support or help. I purchased a portable dvd from AMAZON and it stopped working on month 5. They told me to call the manufacturer (Philips) -- but Philips told me I had to call Assurant 360. I went back and forth and nothing was resolved. I am glad the protection plan was only a few dollars. I would never buy another protection plan again.
on March 14, 2015
It's a one year plan after the one year Samsung warranty ! Let's be truthful about this product
on May 29, 2015
It is absurd to give a review on a product one has not used, so essentially all of the five star reviews here are meaningless. I fell for it and purchased this plan for the lightning protection since that was the cause of our last home theater's death. I have filed a claim and been promised I would be contacted in 2 business days. It has been two weeks and despite several follow-up emails from me, Assurant remains silently unhelpful. This plan is utterly without value. Any peace of mind claimed by other reviewers is simply wishful thinking or self delusion. Do not bother with this
on January 14, 2016
Purchased this extended warranty only to be denied payment on my claim due to a technicality. Now, I'm out the money for the warranty AND had to purchase a new item. Extremely disappointed. Will purchase extended warranties elsewhere. Do Not RECOMMEND!
on December 10, 2015
The 12 page Agreement to replace or repair a $70 dollar item that was received is a laugh. One example is stated in item #6 : 6. NO-LEMON POLICY: If Your Service Plan has a term of one (1) year from the date of purchase and overlaps with the term of the one (1) year manufacturer’s warranty and Your Product fails three (3) times due to the same part(s) failure during the Service Plan term, and a fourth repair for the same problem occurs, as determined by Us, We will either replace Your Product with a new or refurbished product or provide You with a gift card or provide an amount equal to the original price paid by You for Your Product pursuant to the REPLACEMENT OPTION above. Such replacement or
reimbursement will fulfill this Service Plan and will cancel and discharge all further obligations under this Service Plan,
where allowed by law.
Typical Insurance BS!
on July 25, 2016
They are rude. They told me that this warranty does not cover accidental coverage. So if they "decide" that it is my fault that my portable dvd player does not work then it's on me. The woman then got snippy with me as we further discussed. This all after telling them that I do not believe this item has been dropped. They also told me that my item has a 1 year manufacture warranty. Then the manufacture told me it only had a 90 day warranty. I had to show them where to find that it only has a 90 day warranty. So now I have a barely functioning player and they will do nothing because "I could have dropped it."

Update: I called back and spoke to a manager and explained my case. The manager approved the replacement. If your up for a battle, to plead your case, this can be worth it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2016
it was a waste of my money as they would not honor their plan.
on February 15, 2016
Our cord broke while being unplugged. Normal wear and tear. They would not replace it because they told me it was an accident. Not impressed. Do not reccomend wasting your money on this.
on February 15, 2016
This was promoted to add with my refurbished Roku but when I called they told me I couldn't used it with a refurb product. Should not be advertised together if it won't work.