5.0 out of 5 stars Assurant experience
Published 3 months ago by Janusz

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely difficult to register
Cannot register policy and even harder to reach company. When you do, hey just say to wait and re-register. They cannot register on phone. Gives me no confidence the insurance would even work at all
Published 9 months ago by Darren R. Higman

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely difficult to register, April 16, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, November 11, 2014
Thomas C. Wright, Jr. (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Don't waste your money. Assurant 360 appears to be a typical rip-off protection plan. I rarely buy protection plans because the fine print usually means they won't cover anything. I bought this one because I thought Amazon would offer a high quality plan. Wrong. My optical audio connector on my TV has stopped holding the cable in place. Assurant told me that since the TV is less than 1 year old I have to deal with Panasonic. Call Panasonic and you get a half hour of voice prompts and can't get through to a person.

3.0 out of 5 stars This is really a 3 year "EXTENDED" warranty, December 3, 2013
This is really a 3 year "EXTENDED" warranty for a TV with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. Read the fine print... This starts the day you get the TV and covers surges... Who buys a $1500 TV and doesn't at least have it on a surge protector. ( I have another LED TV on a 1300VA UPS and it will run 40 minutes after a power outage...)

I cannot rate service but when i read the effective dates i was disappointed that it did not start after the manufacturer's warranty

2.0 out of 5 stars Assurant Not Properly Presented, January 18, 2014
The Coverage plan is fine but it is not a 4 year plan if it starts on the date you purchase the TV.which this plan does, so there riding the shirt-tails of the Mfgs. Warrenty the first year, so where im assuming im getting a 5 year warrenty, 1 year factory and 4 year Assurant, im really only getting a total of a 4 year warrenty including the factorys 1 year. So l guess what im saying is there selling a 3 year warrenty, plus the factorys 1 year. No complaints on coverage, l just dont feel its properly presented..Thanks Bob

1.0 out of 5 stars Caveat Emptor, March 1, 2014
You have been warned...This company was to send me an email so I could give particulars on myself, product, etc. They took my money and as of yet have failed to send me my link so I could fill out forms. After contacting them they told me that "THEIR COMPUTERS", showed it was sent. I told them that "MY COMPUTER", told me that they did not send anything. Believe it or not, these FOOLS had the audacity to argue with me! I tried to imagine if I had to contact these FOOLS if I wanted to file a claim. My blood ran cold, and I began to sweat. Remember "Let the buyer beware", Caveat Emptor. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

1.0 out of 5 stars never received documnent., December 18, 2013
When I called they said there is no paperwork to process, so I have no record of the Protection Plan. I've been having many issues with Amazon vendors lately, so I just didn't have the energy to push on this one. If something goes wrong with the TV, I have no way of contacting anyone for service. MONEY WASTED.

1.0 out of 5 stars Big letdown, Very bad Customer Service, December 9, 2014
I had purchased a Samsung 60 inch LED 3D Smart TV for Thanksgiving 2013 ( Order Placed: November 26, 2013) exactly and purchased the Assurant 360 5 year plan on the same day. As luck would have had it the TV started developing black patches at the bottom of the screen. I reached out to Samsung on Dec 1st to report the issue and they advised there was a panel gone bad and said this was out of warranty( missed out by 4 days). I reached out to Assurant to lodge a claim for repair on Dec1st, they were unable to save my information (model and serial number) due to some technical issues on their side and said it would take 2 days to record the complaint. I called them again on Dec 3rd to update my information. I was asked to send out a sales receipt confirming the purchase which was sent to them. They setup an technician appointment for Dec 8th. The technician rescheduled the appointment to Dec6th as he had time to service over the weekend.

The technician diagnosed the issue and said the panel went bad (same as samsung) and said he would send his recommendations to Assurant and they would contact in two business days. Today I reached out to Assurant and I was told that the claim was denied as this issue was reported to Samsung in the warranty period and that I have to reach out to them to get service. I tried to explain that is the not the case and that I contacted Samsung only after the warranty had expired. I wanted to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to one, he basically said the same thing over and over - this is a preexisting condition and samsung was contacted within warranty period and hence the claim is denied. I tried to explain if Samsung was contacted in the warranty period and they lodged a complaint why would I file a claim with Assurant - the answer is your claim is denied because its a pre-existing condition. Despite repeated explanation that this was not the case the answer is the same. Request for a Manager was denied saying he has multiple managers and he cannot give out information.

I am exploring options to file a claim against this company in small courts as other options, I have proof from Samsung that the contact with them was after the warranty period.

Bottomline, this company is a ripoff and extremely bad customer service. I am not sure who are those folks who are rating this at 5 stars, I would give this a 0 star.

1.0 out of 5 stars That is buried deep in the fine print. Ugh, September 11, 2014
I specifically purchased this for the in home TV service. The in home portion does not start until after the manufactures warranty. That is buried deep in the fine print. Ugh.

3.0 out of 5 stars Going forward, if I have a choice..., September 9, 2014
Going forward, if I have a choice between Assurant and Square Trade, I would choose Square Trade every time because:
1) Web application is much more developed and much more user-friendly
2) Registration of plans is much easier
3) Tech support is available from knowledgeable associates

5.0 out of 5 stars Assurant experience, October 9, 2014
When my 2013 70" Vizio died I found out that its factory warranty just expired. I also had Assurant warranty purchased so I called them with claim. They were polite and professional. Few days later Technician took my TV for repair but within next 2 days Assurant told me they will refund full price with tax because Vizio don't have 2013 panels for replacement anymore. So, this time I choose Assurant warranty again for my next new TV.

Assurant 360º 5-Year Television Protection Plan ($500-600)
$73.14