Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Astreya, Book II: The Men of the Sea
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

100%
Format: Paperback|Change

on December 28, 2011
Everything I said about Volume I of this splendid trilogy applies with equal force (or more!) to Mr. Hamilton's splendid second volume. Like THE GODFATHER PART II, it is one of those rare sequels that are even better than part 1. He has the enviable knack of making what he does--making you truly care about entirely imaginary people, using only ink-stains on paper or pixels on a blank screen--seem easy. Please believe me when I tell you it is the hardest thing in the world to do.

But you don't even need to know that. It's just the part that fascinates me, because I've been struggling for 35 years to attain the ease that Mr. Hamilton had first crack out of the box, and is never going to lose. All YOU probably need to know is that he will make you feel better about being alive, more able to deal with your own cares and worries the way Astreya does.

Now if you'll excuse me, I want to go back to trying to reverse-engineer Mr. Hamilton's accomplishments....
on July 7, 2014
Want audio book version of book 2 please!
on November 24, 2014
Colorful vibrant a good sequel kept me wanting to read. The characters are interesting.