Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

VINE VOICEon September 7, 2006
Astroglide has really made a name for itself since its introduction in 1991, and it is now one of the top-selling personal lubricants. Well, it's easy to see why! Astroglide is a water-based lubricant, which means that it is friendly to your body, your toys and your condoms, and it is easy to clean up.

Also, some lubricants I have run across have a very odd or bitter taste, which can be distracting during one-on-one time, but Astroglide has a bittersweet taste that, while not great, is definitely not bad. So, if you want a great water-based lube, then join the throng, and get Astroglide! I highly recommend it!!

FYI: In general, there are three types of lubricants and each has its pros and cons. Water-based lubes are easy to cleanup and are unlikely to cause yeast infections, but on the down side they do need to be renewed every half hour or less due to drying. Oil-based lubes tend to have maximum slipperiness and last longest, but can lead to yeast infections and tend to break down latex condoms and toys quite quickly. Silicone-based lubes fall in between these two, being slicker and longer lasting than water-based lubes, but they do require longer clean up times, can stain sheets and clothing, and will eventually break down silicone toys.

(Review of Astroglide Personal Lubricant, 5-Ounce Bottles)
on August 3, 2006
Make sure you do all the tongue action before you get to the regular kind of occurances, there is no opportunity to go back to the former after the latter without getting this goo on your tastebuds, and that is something you will not thank yourself for.

Tastes like liquidized plastic hats.
VINE VOICEon December 23, 2006
Astroglide is a step above KY for all of us that do not want paste down there. It isn't sticky or gooey, but it is a bit runny. If you need something thicker, then look elsewhere, but if you just need a little wetness, then this is for you.
on December 14, 2013
What can I say that won't offend you. We are old geezer and need the lube. It works great, slick as can be, not gummy, stays moist, easy to apply, maybe a little messy (juicy) if you know what I mean and has no unpleasant taste or smell.
I have been purchasing this for a number of years and the most important thing is the wife has no complaint either. Yum Yum. Try it she'll like it. Happy wife,,,Happy life!!
on October 28, 2011
After 4.5 years of using KY warming lubricant (which I wasnt completely happy with because the warming sensation after a while would burn and irritate), my boyfriend and I decided on this based on reviews.

Immediately after using it, I noticed that the texture felt like my own body's lubricant. And that alone for me is a huge thumbs up.

Be careful not to apply to much because it does get slippery. Less sticky & less residue than KY. Because it doesn't burn sex is a much longer and a better experience.

My boyfriend and I are both pleased with this lubricant and do recommend it.
on February 9, 2011
My husband and I are mismatched size wise....I'm very petite while he's much "thicker" & Astroglide allows him to comfortably slide inside me without as much pain for me. Before Astroglide, it was like trying to stuff a size 12 foot into a size 8 shoe. However, because of this product, I'm more willing to "spend time together". I really enjoy "being one" with him now.
on January 15, 2014
My partner and I used this a few times and I developed a severe infection in my urethra. I've had it over a week now with painful urination and of course no sex for awhile. It is very smooth and all that- I think it has something in it that I am allergic as hell to. I am probably not typical and for most it's perhaps fine- just be aware and treat it with care- check the internet and you will find other references to this problem with this stuff.
on September 18, 2007
Simply put, this is a great lubricant. It stays wet for quite a while and it doesn't take a lot to go a long way. Two or three small drops can be quite sufficient.
on August 28, 2011
yep, it does the job but it is runny, which=messy, and IT STAINS SHEETS. PERMANENTLY. i decided to dye the white sheets one day and now you can really tell all the lube stains are a different color than the rest of the sheets. pretty horrifying, and it's all astroglide b/c that's the only thing we've used in years. yes, i had bleached them, used oxyclean, etc... stains still there.

buy something else, there have to be some lubricants out there that aren't so runny and don't stain.
on December 18, 2007
I tried Astroglide because it seems to be the most popular lubricant on the market. However, I can't really figure out why, as it is my least favorite of the ones I have tried.

The liquid is thin, extremely messy, and has a tendency to run all over the place. The runniness and ensuing mess were so bad that it sort of became an in-joke between me and my partner. It's also very easy to get too much unintentionally. When you put it where you want it, it won't stay put unless you use your entire hand to spread it on the surface, so your choice is to dribble on the sheets or be left with a very messy hand.

The lubricant itself doesn't seem to last very long and reapplication is usually necessary. I personally didn't think it felt as good as other products, as it seemed less slippery.

In addition, this product has ruined my very nice 400-count cotton sheets. There are permanent lube stains now that refuse to wash out. I realize that there is some risk of staining with lubricants, but the fact that it's water-based *and* impossible to avoid some dripping on the sheets makes this issue even more frustrating to me.

If I can help it, I will never buy Astroglide again. Boo Astroglide!

I am, however, very pleased with the next product we tried, Durex Play More Lubricants - Pleasure Enhancing, 3.38 oz. It, too, is water-based, so it is safe to use with condoms. The product is thicker, meaning it doesn't run like crazy, and the bottle has a pump which makes it less messy and easier to get just the right amount.