- Brand Name: Asus
- Model Number: AIGURUSV1
AIGURU_SV1 Skype Video Phone
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- ASUS Skype Video phone
- Net Talk USB SKYPE Phone
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1) The video phone is always online without having to use a computer.
2) The video camera on the Skype phone transmits a video picture as clear or clearer than any of the computer based webcams I've seen, included the highly rated Logitech 9000.
3) When doing a voice only call, the speaker phone is amazingly clear. It sounds better than my cordless speakerphone. With the video calling, the sound quality degrades somewhat, but I believe it is due to intranet bandwidth limits more than phone hardware limitations.
4) The video phone is relatively easy to use. If I call someone who is using Skype on their computer, we often waste a lot of time trying to get their computer webcam or microphone working, whereas my videophone never has to be fiddled with.
5) The phone uses 20 watts of power when plugged in and waiting to receive calls. This is cheaper on the electric bill than leaving on our desktop (120 watts) or a laptop (45 watts) for 24 hours a day to receive Skype calls. I wish it could run on less power though (like 5 watts) when it is waiting to receive calls.
6) The phone setup was not too hard. The trickiest part was getting connected to the internet. I couldn't figure out what the PPPoe user name and password was for a direct LAN cable connection to our router, but I was able to set up the wireless connection after entering (very tedious) a long wireless network password using the on screen keyboard.Read more ›
- no keypad, so it is difficult to dial phone numbers (a touchpanel would be a great fit for this device)
- power button very hard to reach, but sometimes you press it accidentally if you carry the device around
- it rings on the headphones, as the headphone connector is on the back you want to leave them plugged in all the time, but then you won't notice any incoming calls, as you don't hear it ringing when you don't wear the headphones (oh man! what a big design flaw)
- If someone send you a text-message you do not see it (no problem) , but the other person does not know this and assumes you are ignoring the text message. People sending text-messages should receive an automated answer "this account cannot receive text-messages".
- no real buddy list, just a big name-sorted address-book (it has a screensaver which is trying to mimic that)
- silly boot and power-off images (sun and moon), just does not look very professional
- one ringtone for all contacts
- you cannot remove "Echo / Sound Test" from your contacts.Read more ›
We bought the Aiguru SV1 for her, and she uses it with wired internet, since that is easier. She has become a very eager user. She is concerned about the fact that it gets warm, and insists on turning it off whenever the probability of getting a call is low.
There is only one thing that could have been made easier, and that is turning it off. Now you have to press the on/off button on the back, and then a yes/no window pops up and you have to choose yes by using the arrows. It would have been easier to just turn it off by pressing the on/off button. It is not so easily accessible, so there does not seem to be a great danger of turning off the phone by mistake.
This is not a videophone that I would buy for myself, since I have my computer on all the time. But this is definitely ideal for grandparents, and there are many who would love it. It is not available worldwide. I am just glad I found out about it and was able to buy it. I recommend it wholeheartedly as the perfect gift for grandparents.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This product works well when it does. It works for about 5 - 8 mins then it freezes up. Looks like some sort of on board failure. Read morePublished on March 7, 2010 by Steven F. Williams
I bought this item for my elderly father, who lives alone. While it worked for a while, it then disconnected from the wireless network, requiring the user to find the network by... Read morePublished on March 3, 2010 by A. Massouras
Nice got locking display ! but that is all .wors ok if is wired with modem or router but dont disconect .great wireles conection dont work at all!!Dont buy that ! Read morePublished on February 2, 2010 by Radek
My son gave us one of these for Christmas and bought one for himself. The thing is a marvel. It has a 7" screen, a good picture, and is trivially easy to use. Read morePublished on January 27, 2010 by Tom-VA
Some problems, 2 months later, 4 units later, hours with tech support, shipping the units back, receiving scratch up units, which have the same problem. Read morePublished on October 20, 2009 by wheresaldo
The Skype video phone AIGURU SV1 works as advertised and we have it found much more convenient to carry around the house than carrying a laptop. Read morePublished on September 14, 2009 by Henry Sinnreich
I read so many bad things about that product. I did not know if I was going to buy it.
Finally I did. Read more
It is very simple use, great quality phone.
Purchased it for use by my mom, abroad.