Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Asus Dual-Band Wireless-N600 Gigabit Router (RT-N56U)” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 57% off the $129.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
2-Year PC Peripherals Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Delivered by e-mail, register and file claims online or by phone
- Surge protection starts when your product ships; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- No deductible, replacement via Amazon gift card reimbursement for valid claims
- Free return shipping, replacement gift card issued immediately after product is scanned at your local UPS
- Fully transferable with gifts, cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
Asus Dual-Band Wireless-N600 Gigabit Router (RT-N56U)
|Price:||$74.87 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$54.13 (42%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Installing customer-supplied router
- Password protecting your network
- Connecting up to four internet-ready devices
- Providing use and troubleshooting instructions
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Concurrent Dual-Band Transmissions up to 600Mbps
- Gigabit Ethernet Support: The increasingly popular Gigabit Ethernet allows the download of a full HD movie in about just 5 minutes
- One Router for Printing, Scanning and Surfing: Effortless Multitasking for Multiple Users
- Interface: 5 Gigabit ports (1x WAN / 4x LAN) and 2x USB 2.0 ports
- WAN to LAN throughput over 900Mbps; compatible with all networking standard: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: Asus
- Model Number: RT-N56U
- Connectivity Technology: wireless
- Network Data Transfer Rate: 300 Megabits Per Second
- Width: 9.20 inches
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Asus Dual-Band Wireless-N600 Gigabit Router (RT-N56U)
TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router, 2.4GHz 450Mbps+5Ghz 1300Mbps, 2 USB Port, IPv6, Guest Network B00BUSDVBQ
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Daily Deals Shop (NO TAX)||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Data Transfer Rate||300 Megabits Per Second||1750 Megabits Per Second||450||1300|
|Total Lan Ports||Information not provided||4||4||4|
|Wireless Comm Standard||802 11 ABGN||802 11 AC||802 11 A||802 11 ABGN|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Modern Design. Exceptional Speed. Versatile Innovation.
Impossibly thin with a glossy black patterned finish, the ASUS Dual Band gigabit wireless-N RT-N56U router truly cuts the edge of innovation with powerful features that deliver the latest in networking capabilities. Equipped with exceptional hardware Network Address Translation (NAT), this one-of-a-kind router delivers up to 1000Mbps throughput that’s up to five times faster than conventional gigabit routers. The RT-N56U is like having two routers in one. Dual band transmissions enable both 2.4GHz and 5GHz spectrums simultaneously to give you faster, more secure connections. And with up to 300,000 sessions—20 times the amount of conventional routers—you have sufficient headroom for additional clients and devices without buying an additional router.
The RT-N56U also provides users with incredible versatility. Plugging in a USB All-in-One printer, enables easy sharing between printer and scanner functions for all networked PCs. Download Master BitTorrent client shifts download duties from the PC directly to the router-attached storage via the two onboard USB ports. For even more convenience, ASUS AiDisk transforms a connected USB device into an FTP server for remote transfers. The RT-N56U was designed with ease-of use in mind. With a CD-free, plug-and-play setup, the RT-N56U gets you up and running to let you effortlessly optimize bandwidth for gaming, video calls, downloading or whatever else you choose.
Whether you use it as a print server, BitTorrent hub, FTP storage, or ultra-fast Wireless N router, the RT-N56U adapts to your networking needs as a cross-functional network device.
Named the world's fastest router by SmallNetBuilder.
Faster Transfers. Wider Coverage.
Experience true gigabit networkspeeds that’s up to five times faster throughput than conenvtional routers. Enjoy accelerated transfers, fluid streaming, and snappy surfing. The RT-N56U not only delivers up to 14 times faster Internet and up to 6 times wider range compared to previous generation routers but it also has dual band support on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz transmission spectrums for faster, more secure connections. And where other routers fail to connect when placed far away, the RT-N56U router gives you the wireless freedom to roam even further and enjoy high-speed networking nearly anywhere in your home or office. Get bandwidth on demand with EZ Quality of Service (EZQoS). EZQoS dynamically sets Internet bandwidth priority for browsing, online games, Internet applications (such as BitTorrent), and voice/video streaming. The EZQoS is simplified for ease of use—just click on the image you want to set and it adjusts instantly. Ai Radar automatically detects the location of clients and pin-points the signal to the client for solid transmissions and enhanced signal coverage.
Easy, Quick Setup in a User-Friendly Interface
The RT-N56U features EZ UI, a simplified user interface for quick setup, access to Internet-enhancing utilities, and a helpful troubleshoot guide that users at all levels will appreciate.
Quick 3-Step Internet Setup
The moment you connect the RT-N56U you will automatically be guided through an easy 3-step, manual-free setup.
- Plug the router in your network and wall socket
- Complete the installation wizard
- Open your favorite browser and start surfing
Your Entire Network in One Picture
Within the EZ UI, you can see your entire network all at once with real-time status updates for each connection. This simplified network map makes it easy to check for any issues with connections to other PCs or printers and manage your network settings.
Your Personal All-in-One Print Server
Print, scan, and share directly from connected USB printer, scanners, and storage devices via the USB port. With the wireless printer server function built into the RT-N56U, you can centralize your printing and scanning for your entire home or office network into one location.
For a current printer support list, please click here.
The Ultra Versatile Download Master
The RT-N56U router sets itself apart from ordinary routers by offering BitTorrent and FTP server functionality.BitTorrent
Share your movies, music, games, and other files. The included Download Master application utilizes the BitTorrent P2P protocol to download and seed Torrents to and from the connected USB storage device. What’s more, you can shut off your PC after setting up a torrent file to continue the download, PC-free. Download Master also lets you customize how you choose to share with custom bandwidth allocation when seeding.FTP
Create your own personal FTP Server with ASUS AiDisk located within the EZ UI, and upload or download files from the connected USB storage device to any Internet-accessible PCs. Perfect when you forget documents at home or when sharing large files, FTP access grants you the ability to safely secure and access your treasured data through your router. This feature can also work without having to leave your PC on.
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz dual band transmissions enable faster, more secure high-speed connections (Learn more)
- True gigabit throughput delivers up to five times faster speeds than conventional routers1(Learn more)
- Up to 300,000 sessions to Internet clients for more stable, high-speed connections
- EZ User Interface (EZ UI) with a simple 3-step setup gets you up and running within minutes (Learn more)
- EZ Quality of Service (EZQoS) Bandwidth Management gives you a simple way to optimize Internet speeds for gaming, browsing, file sharing, and VoIP/ media streaming (Learn more)
- Built-in printer server for sharing All-in-One USB printers within your home or office (Learn more)
- AiDisk is your personal FTP server that you can access anywhere you have the Internet (Learn more)
- Download Master lets you download from the Bit Torrent site to the connected USB storage device directly through the router without having to leave your PC on (Learn more)
- Ai Radar automatically detects the location of clients and pin-points the signal to the client for effective and efficient transmissions (Learn more)
- LAN Ports: WAN: 1 x RJ45 for 10/100/1000 Base T; LAN: 4 x RJ45 for 10/100/1000 Base T; Support Ethernet and 802.3 with max bit rate 10/100/1000Mbps and auto cross-over function (MDI-X)
- Antenna: 2 x internal PCB antenna for 2.4G application with peak gain = 3.8dBi/ 3 x internal PCB antenna for 5G application with peak gain = 5.1dBi
- USB: 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- Power Adapter: AC input: 100V ~ 240V (50~60Hz)/ DC output: 19V/ 1.58A or 12V / 2A
- Size: 6.77 x 5.71 x 2.36 –inches
- Weight: 0.7 lbs.
- Wired Performance: Wan to LAN; up to 910Mbps, LAN to LAN; 1Gbps
- Operating Frequency: 2.4GHz ~ 5GHz
- Data Range: 802.11n: up to 300Mbps ; 802.11a/g: up to 54Mbps; 802.11b: up to 11Mbps
- Output Power: a/n mode: 14~15dBm @ EVM,-28dB; g/n mode: 18~19dBm @ EVM,-28dB; b mode: 20~21dBm @ EVM <35%
- Encryption: Supports 64/128-bit WEP; WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK; WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise; WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
- Authentication: Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WP & PIN)
- Management: QoS (Quality of Service): Allow multiple network activites (FTP, Game, P2P) to work smoothly at the same time; DHCP Server: Supports up to 253 IP addresses; changeable DHCP lease time, IP pool, domain name; Static mapped IP; Web-based administration: Support IE 5.5 or later, FireFox 126.96.36.199 or later; Managed from LAN and Internet; Password Setting; System Event Log; Firmware Upgrade: Web Interface, Boot loader; Save/ Restore Configuration File
- Network Protocol: Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE (MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
- Security: Firewall: NAT and SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection), intrusion detection including logging; Logging: dropped packet, security event, Syslog; Filtering: Port, IP packet, URL keyword, MAC address
What's in the Box
- RT-N56U router
- Ethernet Cable
- Application CD
- Power Adapter (12V 1.25A)
- Quick Starter Guide
- Setup Guide
- Warranty Information Card
Top Customer Reviews
So, I picked up the ASUS RT-N56U router after reading all the reviews and tests on smallnetbuilder dot com. I have to say that this router is ridiculously fast (at least twice as fast as the WNDR3700) and has better reception throughout my entire house. In a location that I used to max out at about 7MB/s with the WNDR3700. I can now sustain 31MB/s in the same location. I have pretty much- 5 bars of wireless reception where I used to have 2 or 3 bars.
The ASUS RT-N56U is pretty easy to set up and I like the physical appearance too. Throw in the fact that it is smokin' fast and has great coverage and I think I got a heck of a deal for $127.
by the way, I just noticed that another reviewer was having problems with iPhones not connecting. Our iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, and Android phones are logging on fine, no issues.
*** UPDATE 3/28/11 So far, the RT-N56U is performing perfectly and all DD-WRT bridges are connecting at highest rate. I am running firmware 188.8.131.52
I tried to update to the beta 7.0.1.Read more ›
We are glad you have had a great experience with our router. We strive to make continuing improvements to our router products. If you have any feedback about your current RT-N56u, or any suggestions for our future products, please let us know at Networking_Support@asus.com.
Thank you for your support.
Asus Networking Support
I can attest to the Asus RT-N56U being an excellent consumer-grade router even though it obviously falls short when it comes to more advanced enterprise-level features (where Cisco shines), which 99.9% of all users will never need or even know about. One of the excellent features of the Asus RT-N56U router (not often mentioned) is the fact that you can switch it to the AP (Access Point) mode. When Asus RT-N56U is switched to the AP mode, its WAN port becomes a switch port just like the other 4 LAN ports. You can utilize the WAN port to connect Asus RT-N56U to an external router, and thus not lose one LAN port for this. Therefore, when switching the Asus RT-N56U router to the AP mode, you retain all four LAN ports for the wired connectivity to other non-Wi-Fi devices at 1 Gbps each.
Asus RT-N56U supports concurrent 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios and the combined throughput via the back plane close to 800 Mbps (per the review by smallnetbuilder.com). In my personal test comparing Asus RT-N56U (in the AP mode) with the Cisco 1131 a/g Access Point, Asus provides nearly the same range in the 5 GHz band that the Cisco 1131 provides in the 2.4 GHz band. Asus RT-N56U 2.4GHz-band range extends beyond the Cisco 1131's range in the 2.4 GHz band. The Asus RT-N56U 5GHz-band range extends far beyond the Cisco 1131's 5GHz-band range.
As for the connection download speed, I was able to get almost twice the download speed when connecting wirelessly via the Asus RT-N56U (in the AP mode) vs connecting wirelessly via the Cisco 1131a/g AP. The numbers were as follows: 11.8 Mbps via Cisco 1131 vs 19.6 Mbps via Asus RT-N56U.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Outstanding router. It provided me with everything I was looking for in my replacement at a very affordable price. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
After one month of use router would randomly stop forwarding packets once or twice a day and completely die. Of course it happens after the return policy. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Nicholas Paine
Works, routes, shares a hard drive fine. If you're having any issues on your network though, it's interface is horrid. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Amazon Customer
Crapped out 1 year and 1 month after I bought it. It has a cool design, but I don't think it is good enough to stand alone as art ... so to the trash with it!Published 7 days ago by William H. Riehm
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.