5.0 out of 5 stars Why I love this laptop
I've gotten several laptops in my lifetime. And, this is the best one I've gotten so far. Nothing really stands out but it's just altogether well made. When you strike the keys, it feels very nice. The picture quality of the screen is good. Programs load up pretty quickly. Every laptop I've purchased I have regretted. I bought a laptop that was small and...
Published on September 22, 2012 by TellingYouLikeItIs

1.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, Wide Screen, but Keyboard is too small
Pros:
(1) Lightweight. I wouldn't say it is as light as the Apple laptop, but it is very portable. I can easily lie on my bad or couch holding it, and surf online or watch a movie.

(2) Wide screen. Makes it ideal to watch DVD.

Cons:
(1) Keyboard is smaller. If your fingers are used to typing at the regular-sized keyboard, you'd have to...
Published on August 28, 2012 by Rachel W

‹ Previous | 16 7 821 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, October 27, 2013
I didn't need a powerhouse and only something that can handle internet related tasks. This did the trick and is exceedingly reliable. Would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems, October 12, 2013
I wanted a computer with Windows 7, this model had it. This is actually the second A54 I purchased, the other was for my wife. No problems with either computer.

I needed to buy usb hubs since the machine only has two ports, but those are inexpensive additions. I tend to use ancillary equipment like printers, scanners, mouse, keyboard with hard wires instead of wireless so I need the hubs.

Computer booted up quickly and for my purposes, meets all expectations. You do need to buy MS Office and a Virus program so add a couple hundred to the price. Still worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Purchased for college bound student, August 13, 2013
The primary drivers for purchasing an ASUS laptop for my college bound student were the cost and their warranty. I needed something affordable and after reading the reviews, I felt confident that ASUS produced a good product. However, I held off writing a review to see how the first year went. The laptop is a nice quality for the price and did everything we needed it to do. We purchased it in August 2012, and as I feared, at the end of the school year we began having problems with the power port until by mid-April 2013, it wouldn't work at all rendering the laptop powerless (literally).

Of course since we had a back-up computer at home, my procrastinating kid waited until the end of July to request an RMA. Absolutely true to their word, ASUS issued the RMA, fixed the laptop, and shipped it back to us within two days of receiving it. They also replaced the hard drive, and since we couldn't power up the laptop to back up the files prior to sending it back to them for repair, we lost all the data. Even so, they fixed more than we had asked them to fix and I assume that they saw a problem looming and proactively addressed it.

I honestly would have given this laptop a 5 if we hadn't had any issues at all in the first year, but even though we did, ASUS stood behind their product. I am super happy with this brand and would not hesitate to purchase another one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good budget laptop, August 8, 2013
This review is from: ASUS F55A-AH91 15.6-Inch Laptop (Personal Computers)
Its really good for its price. The only thing its not good at, and i already knew it, its gaming, but in general, really good product. And the sound is actually pretty good too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, August 2, 2013
This review is from: ASUS F55A-AH91 15.6-Inch Laptop (Personal Computers)
I love Asus. I have Asus Eee Shell (a small laptop) and an Asus Transformer tablet. I love this particular Asus. However, I can't emphasize enough how bad Windows 8 it. I should have gotten it with Win 7.

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT IMPRESSED!!!, July 8, 2013
This review is from: ASUS F55A-AH91 15.6-Inch Laptop (Personal Computers)
I thought, hmmm, let's get a Windows 8 hun?!!! BAD MOVE!!! So many glitches in it! I don't know if it's just this one or all Windows 8??? A computer friend of mine said to wait at least a year and a half before buying new upgraded windows due to so many glitches....

3.0 out of 5 stars This computer stays charged for less time than any I have used so far., July 4, 2013
stephen beck (longview, texas, US) - See all my reviews
Poor battery life. The plastic has gotten so thin that it seems cheap and flimsy. Picked it because not many Windows 7 choices remain.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, July 2, 2013
Volume is useless, even for me what rarely needs it. Can't hear a darn thing. Keys are not responsive at all and typing can be a nightmare. Works fine for trolling the internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great low end laptop, June 23, 2013
I had and EEEPC that finally met it's end after a 5 year run. I needed a cheap replacement for trips. Size is good, battery live decent, and it works well for internet surfing and email. I don't recommend it as a gaming machine, but for office tasks it works just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars The positive reveiws that I read were very true, the negative reviews were from purist, June 16, 2013
I found this laptop to be exactly what it is advertised to be. I almost didn't buy it because the negative reviews were, well... so negative. As I reread them, it turns out they were very individualized and did not represent the product, only the problems those few people had.

I recommend this laptop.