Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on September 20, 2012
I read the reviews and made up my mind this was the one for me....great monitor and we have enjoyed it from day one....
on March 24, 2012
As a "mature gamer", I felt the need for larger screen. After reading customer reviews on various brands and models, I opted for the Asus 27" monitor. I was and am totally pleased. I have found the monitor textures, color resolution and the like to be superb. I am sure there are other monitors out there that MAY perform better BUT for the money, the Asus is unsurpassed. I don't believe you'd be disappointed with it's quality.
on June 1, 2011
I bought this monitor to use alongside my Samsung 25.5" HD monitor for a 2 monitor setup.

Out of the box I found the brightness and colors exceeded my current Samsung HD monitor, but only with the two both turned on next to each other could I notice the difference. If they were in separate rooms I don't think I'd ever even notice. Don't take this as a negative, the monitor looks great, gives me vivid playback on HD movies and games, and works perfectly for my daily computing.

Lot's of people comment on the light bleed issue with these types of monitors, and maybe it's just the one I've got or maybe I'm not as picky but I've never noticed anything of the sort. Everything on mine looks uniform. It also runs a ton cooler then my Samsung monitor (great during the spring before the AC comes on).

A few things that annoyed me, and the reason it lost the stars -

-The monitor will randomly turn on when my foot touches the power cord. Now I'm not talking about if I kick it loose, I'm just talking about if my leg brushes the cord it'll shut off. None of the other electronics (hooked up to the same outlet) share this problem, only my Asus monitor. It's super annoying to be playing a game and have the monitor cut out on you. Typically hitting the cord again with my foot resets things and the monitor starts back up. This is a recent (2 months or so) occurrence, but I've only had it for a bit under a year now.
-The stand is obnoxiously low, and not adjustable. I actually put mine on top of a small box so I could put my keyboard in front of it without running into the screen. I'm not sure who designed this stand, but it's awful, and looks silly when seated next to my other monitor

If the above two items were fixed I'd highly suggest this monitor to anyone else. But for the time being, I'm going to consider Samsung first when getting my next monitor just so I can make sure the thing stays on when I expect it to stay on.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2012
I received this monitor promptly. Although Amazon would not recognize my street address I had to ship to my other address three hours away which was inconvenient. Very easy to set up, crystal clear, everything my little monitor was not. I had an old Dell seventeen inch this ASUS monitor is wonderful. I had used a twenty six inch Samsung flat screen tv as my monitor for a while but it did not seem as clear as this monitor.
on January 11, 2011
Very good; I like it - pictures look striking! The screen is pretty bright though; Watching videos - even HD often appear grainier than on other screens, and more color distortion from up close. Sitting 10 feet away it looks fabulous!
on May 11, 2012
I love Asus products. And the monitor is great, love it! Will definitely buy more Asus products. It have a great picture and overall quality is awesome.
on February 14, 2016
So far this monitor has been great. I'm glad I got this years ago and I actually don't plan on replacing this yet until 4k monitors come down in price or I can get a monitor with variable frequency.
on October 20, 2013
Was a little disappointed with the picture quality but also knew that the price was low so i do believe in " you get what you pay for "
but it's not bad for the money spent!
on February 18, 2011
I bought this to replace an LG L226WT (22") that is 4+ yrs old. I bought this over an LG because of the reviews on how the new LED/LCD gives much better contrast and black levels. I have been running it dual monitor with my LG (clone setting). I have played with and tweaked the settings for about a day now. I have set my gamma, brightness, & contrast with a LCD tweak site that tests the levels for correct display.

The black levels on it are not as good as my LG. This monitor favors gray and has issues with certain subtle shades. I have my RGB settings all equal (just like my LG). Some examples:
a) Both my versions of Firefox, and MS Excel: the borders are supposed to be a gray/silver. On this monitor they are a dull gray. The difference is very noticeable.
b) The overall coloration used in Morrowind is largely earth tones with many subtle shades that give the game warmth (gray, brown, some reds). This monitor misses a lot of the subtle shading that makes the backgrounds much warmer.
c) Oblivion screen shots: I have one as my desktop. Some of the grasses to the side in the shot have a shade of red on the tassels. Also one of the trees in the background has some red shading like a maple tree. This monitor diplayed them both as green. I had to adjust the Red level above the blue and green to get the red highlights to show.
d) The sky in many screen shots of games shows a anemic blue that is washed out and sorta mixed with gray. The really vivid deep blues show up blue, but the pale blues with subtle shades are badly rendered.

This monitor loves green though. Anything with green landscapes shows very nicely. Overall the coloring on this monitor is a bit well.... digital. Along with the issues above, the colors in games just feel a bit lifeless without some of the subtle warmth my LG gives. I am nitpicking the colors hard because I have two other monitors to compare this one with. I also am comparing this against my OCZ laptop.

Cons:
1) One dead pixel
2) Black levels are not what I expected
3) Color issues

Pros:

1) minimal bleeding
2) very bright and clear

I was expecting a general improvement with the new technology over my existing LCD. There are just enough issues to bother me (and the stuck pixel). So I will be returning this and hoping Amazon will sponsor the 27" LG soon.
on October 19, 2012
Screen went black in less than three months. Has power but my guess is the backlight (lamp) blew.. good luck on Asus website. half the support links don't work.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse