Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ASUS VS208N-P 20" HD+ 1600x900 DVI-D VGA Back-lit LED Monitor
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 15, 2011
I was looking for a good quality 19-inch monitor to set as a dual monitor with my laptop (don't regret getting this 20-inch screen instead). It works great for me, I like the fact it's LED.

The great: I really like Asus, IMO they have the best warranty out there. Easy to assemble. It looks really nice on my desk.

The not so great: I it comes with a VGA/VGA and a DVI/DVI cables. I had to buy a DVI/HDMI cable. One of the monitors was crooked, however with Amazon customer service I am never concerned, as they quickly send me a replacement. I am glad I waited to ship the crooked one back, as the replacement was wobbly (base was weird), I just switched with the base from the one I was returning and it was perfect. That's why I gave 4 and not 5 stars.

I would definitely recommend it. I cannot say about gaming, but videos look nice on it. We liked it so much that my husband just ordered more to have a dual monitor to my husband.
66 comments|9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2012
I bought this monitor because the one I was currently using could no longer be adjusted to be any brighter- I had maxed out the setting. Fair enough, it was 10 years old. So I decided on the Asus because the price was right for the features I was looking for. Slightly larger, good contrast ratio, adjustable settings, and good customer reviews. However, I am not completely happy with it, because the reds can not be adjusted to any more red. I can only go down. Blue and Green are fine. I would think it would start in the center, being new. :( The brightness is great, and for now the colors are accurate (I use an eye1 color matcher) but I will not be able to adjust the reds as it gets older. :( This is really disappointing, but I already have it up and running, so I'm going to keep it.
on February 18, 2012
I bought this monitor because I thought it had a HDMI output like the pictures show...... It dosnt. I would return it but I need a monitor now and its a hassle to return a monitor. Super pissed and not happy.
Other than that.... Its a decent monitor for a good price
on June 3, 2015
Ever since a certain major brand began selling monitors that are half an inch smaller than the purported size, I've been looking for a good replacement for my clients. These ASUS monitors are inexpensive, lightweight, and bright. They have very good vertical and horizontal viewing angles. The only oddity is that the power and data ports stick straight out the back of the monitor rather the bottom, so you might have trouble mounting it flush against a wall. Not a problem for me: I love this monitor.
on February 16, 2013
Bought at a reasonable price, this monitor does all that I require of it. With good picture quality and easily controllable, It works well .
on May 5, 2014
I had a hard time finding a monitor that would be the right size to fit into a tight space- but this one was perfect. Asus makes great monitors and this one is light and has great reception. I recommend it to anyone who only has a width of 19 inches of space- this one will work perfectly!
on October 13, 2013
I own one of these monitors and I need an additional one, to support my computer, used for digital communication. The fact that this Monitor does not have a HDMI port is not a problem for my application.

The unit was delivered to me on time and well packaged. Thank you.
on June 6, 2014
If you need a monitor and this is right in your price range (which it was for me) go ahead and get this. If you need speakers and all the lovely things you'd like for your monitor to have in a nice package, go for the VE228H model. It's about $20 more (or it could be less than this one if you buy used), it has speakers, and it's a larger display WITH an HDMI port. I bought this one in hopes it would be like that model, but sadly it wasn't. Fortunately I had a screen with speakers that I was able to use for dual monitors so I did not need to worry, and this monitor works very well for what it is. I do, however, strongly feel it's worth the extra money for a little larger size and more capabilities.
on March 19, 2013
Just what I was looking for the color and clarity are excellent. I felt like since
it was asus product I wasn't going wrong on purchasing it. I think i will
stay with Asus monitors and know they will give the service I expect.
on January 7, 2015
I did a lot of research before buying this and it seemed to be the best option in this price range. It's been 2 years now and I have no regrets. It still looks great and runs like a champ. The stock colors aren't the greatest, but once you increase the digital vibrance or saturation in your GPU settings it fixes all that.