5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price!
Asus still going up, I hope the keep doing the good job, this was a purchase for a gift and it's very good for the money!
Published 19 months ago by Manuel Aleman

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for game playing or watching video
This computer will work well for you if you don't plan to play games or watch movies. We got it for my son and had to return it due to it's slow processing. The sound was minutes behind the video when we attempted to watch Netflix. My son was also not able to play his favorite computer games due to the slow processing.
Published 21 months ago by Melinda Heutinck

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for game playing or watching video, January 9, 2013
This review is from: Asus X53U-FS11 15.6" Laptop (AMD Dual-Core Processor C-60 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 320 GB Hard Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium) Mocha (Personal Computers)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great low priced laptop - but streaming media ok but not for games, November 8, 2013
Great picture however streaming media can often be jerky - had hoped that the combination C-60 processor with upgraded ram would perform better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, April 1, 2013
Michael Johnson (BRIDGETON, NJ, US) - See all my reviews
Very nice laptop for highschooler. He loved it. Planning to take it to college and keep useing it, Cost was perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price!, March 19, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good., February 20, 2013
Amazon Customer "kelli_214" (CHAPARRAL, NM, United States) - See all my reviews
Got it around Christmas time. So far, so good. It's a jewel for the price and tackles all I need to do well: Lots of documents, some spreadsheets, play with photos, slideshows, web design, and some video streaming. I haven't done any video editing on it, but I'm thinking it will be fine for my needs. I don't play high-end computer games. My Sweetie put Unreal and some Steam games on his and has no problem with them, but we did max out the RAM, so I'm sure that makes a difference for his gaming.

We're huge Asus fans. I have an Eee netbook I use for back and forth at work (I teach at college so I'm in different rooms all the time), and I've never had a problem with it.

The keyboard is fine, but my big hands constantly bump the mousepad--that's not a new problem with me, so I work around it. The screen's a nice size and has good resolution for me. Flawlessly picked up the WiFi and network printer.

If you're looking for a good basic laptop for common computing applications, I recommend this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice Computer But SLOW, February 18, 2013
I bought two of these last September (2012) one for my self, one for my father. For the most part, I like it. However I have found that even with an upgrade to 8 gigs of memory their is a definitely slow processing capability inherent with the C-60 dual core AMD process and on board video. Even with all the latest drivers, and BIOS watching streaming Netflix, Hulu, or even Youtube videos is agonizing. The video often lags the audio by as much as 5 minutes at times. Even running simple programs the CPU is peeked out at 100% and the overall processing speed of the machine is very very slow. The build of it is solid and it looks great. The video quality is very good in HD. The audio is a big lacking though. I'd recommend a good USB or standard audio head set. Additionally, the touch pad, even with the smart pad technology, is very very very touchy and "emotional." In fact I'd say that THAT issue is the most bothersome for me. Over all if you just want a basic slow laptop to serve as a kids tool, not good for video, or gaming, just basic school work, this PC is budgeted well for that task. Otherwise buy a higher end ASUS for better performance in streaming video or gaming.