4.0 out of 5 stars Great deal for the price
Ill be quick about this. I rated it 4 but its more of a 3.5

Pros:
Speed. Ram and processor live up to expectations. Windows 8 running super good, and even though im not a big fan of the OS, Im learning to deal with it. CAnt imagine what itd be like running 16gb, which it can be upgraded to.
Storage. Almost a TB storage. Need I say more...
Published 13 months ago by Anibal

2.0 out of 5 stars I guess ok for the price
The computer is ok, but the touch pad is a huge problem for me. It is too sensitive or doesn't work right. I also had a windows update problem where it would take forever to restart because of updating. The pc works fine when you plug a mouse in it.
Published 12 months ago by Matthew V Menke

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great deal for the price, August 20, 2013
Ill be quick about this. I rated it 4 but its more of a 3.5

Pros:
Storage. Almost a TB storage. Need I say more?
Aesthetics. It looks pretty.

Cons:
Touchpad can be weird sometimes. It might be I have to tweak the sttings but it just doenst feel right at times.
Screen could use a bit more detail, clarity...resolution? DOnt know what the term is here. DEfinitely not the sharpest or clearest screen in the market
USB ports. With only 2 ports, I find myself wanting at least one more.

So for the price? great buy, but dont expect the fanciest of laptops. Its still a decent looking machine

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Specs for the Price, December 15, 2013
This review is from: ASUS X550CA-DB51 15.6-Inch Laptop (Personal Computers)
At $499 and free shipping, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better deal on a laptop for everyday use. With 8GB of RAM, a nice I5 processor and decent sized hard drive, this is a great computer for the average user; home use, college students. My only complaint is Windows 8, but that has nothing to do with ASUS. I've always had ASUS computers, they are built to last and are consistently rated high for the longevity of their components. And as an added bonus: it's gorgeous to look at.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good laptop for $500. Better available for a bit more now that the price is hiked. Windows 8 though..., November 13, 2013
This review is from: ASUS X550CA-DB51 15.6-Inch Laptop (Personal Computers)
I've been using this machine for 3 months now. It's fast, relatively light and can handle the heavy multitasking I need (a VM, Netbeans, Eclipse for Android et al all open at the same time, while browsing several tabs).

Windows 8 was horrible. It still is quite bad despite the 8.1 upgrade.

I'd suggest getting the next gen edition of this laptop now though. There's one with a 4th gen i5 and 250 gb extra hdd space available for just $50 more available as I type this

2.0 out of 5 stars I guess ok for the price, September 27, 2013
Matthew V Menke (PORT NECHES, TX, US) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Powered by Linux, September 22, 2013
This review is from: ASUS X550CA-DB51 15.6-Inch Laptop (Personal Computers)
Great entry level computer. The resolution is decent can run youtube vids at 720p no problem. Did not keep windows 8 too much bloat. Dual booted Ubuntu 13.04 with no problem and all hardware works fine and Arch Linux.

Great system for the money

4.0 out of 5 stars ....., December 9, 2013
This review is from: ASUS X550CA-DB51 15.6-Inch Laptop (Personal Computers)
Eveything great only i have problem in space button it dosent work fine but the laptop is light speed and good price

5.0 out of 5 stars great computer, September 10, 2013
This review is from: ASUS X550CA-DB51 15.6-Inch Laptop (Personal Computers)
Love this computer! It's portable and light. Love Windows 8. My only dislike (but it's livable) is sometimes the mouse is extra sensitive but its only occasionally and doesn't bother me that much! Great battery life.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected, October 7, 2013
This review is from: ASUS X550CA-DB51 15.6-Inch Laptop (Personal Computers)
Performance is very slow.My older laptop with a much lesser configuration worked better than this laptop
Had internet issues.Once the internet was turned off and wouldn't turn on unless I restarted the laptop.
Not happy with the mouse.The mouse little jumpy.

All in all I am not happy with this laptop.So I returned it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, March 29, 2014
This review is from: ASUS X550CA-DB51 15.6-Inch Laptop (Personal Computers)
I am Very happy with this computer, is faster and has a very nice color and made with durable materials

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Casual Laptop, January 28, 2014
This review is from: ASUS X550CA-DB51 15.6-Inch Laptop (Personal Computers)
I love the weight, dimensions, and unique case design of this laptop. Excellent monitor clarity and superb laptop speakers (who would have thought possible). I haven't tested the performance capacity, but have yet to encounter any slowing down while running several applications/music/etc. ASUS has risen above the rest.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›