- Size (LWH): 5.83 inches, 0.41 inches, 2.87 inches
- Weight: 5.12 ounces
Asus Zenfone 5 8GB Dual SIM (Unlocked) A501CG 5" Black - International Version No Warranty
- Zenfone 5 8GB Black
- This cell phone may not include a US warranty as some manufacturers do not honor warranties for international version phones. Please contact the seller for specific warranty information.
An international version item is a product not originally intended for sale in the U.S. Depending on the country of origin, international versions of a product may differ from domestic versions in their default settings, packaging, AC adapters, accessories, manufacturer warranties, and other features.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The phone though, very good. Fast and responsive. No LTE (loses a star) which is a knock in the U.S. but HSPA+ is very fast and frankly I'm always on WiFi so not an issue for me but might be for many. Supports a 64Gb microSD and dual SIM, really a good inexpensive phone.
If the phone was truly an international phone it would have met my needs and might meet yours too depending... but either way make sure the SKU is WW (world) and not CN (China) else you'll run into the same issues I did.
I did away with my Verizon contract and am now using this great little Asus phone on StraightTalk for 100 bucks less a month than my old contract.
The phone works and updates right out of the box to android 4.4.2 (KitKat). Everything works perfectly.
They're shipping is as good as Prime and they're in Taiwan!
Ordered on Tuesday and received on Thursday, Taiwan to Iowa via DHL express!
Phone is the 1gb ram version with 8gb of storage. I'm coming from an LG G2 and I don't notice anything much slower provided you're not heavily multitasking.
TLDR; order from Quality Deals out of Taiwan. Receive a phone that works 100% in the US. Enjoy $45 unlimited cell phone service.
***If you check the ROM version on the phone it will say it is the WW and you'll have Google Play Store, but try to update and you will fail, check the integrity of the files on the phone against the one on teh original WW version and won't match.***
The process to replace the ROM for the original WW is quite easy but shouldn't be needed. I was scammed, that's the plain truth.
So, why am I giving the phone 5 stars? Because the phone is still amazing and it is the seller the one receiving bad reputation, not the equipment. Even with my chinese versión it's amazing with the right ROM. I'm comming from an Asus TF101 tablet, a Motorola MotoRoi 3, a Galaxy S3, S4, iPhone 4, Nexus 7 3G tablet to name a few, this ZenFone 5 is so amazing that even after finding out it was a chinese version I bought one more for my sister and I just ordered the ZenFone 6 for myself.
I am starting to lose trust in Amazon, might a well cancel prime and just walk into walmart and the local computer store where i can shout at the asian guy.
Zenfone5 delivered not genuine WW version. instead we got a CN version with a custom rom which is locked and will not take firmware update/fixes from manufacturer Asus.
there is also chinese apps still left on the phone which cannot be removed,
Also you will not be able to get customer support with this device,
Sooo.... Not satisfied, but i already turned in my old phone before i checked this 1
The first device i got was great and real WW version, it suckered me into getting more of this device for the rest of the family----don-don-daaa (bad idea)
There are a few issues with this phone that might deter others from considering it though.
The Serious Cons
- The rear speaker on this is pretty bad. It works, but that's about all that can be said. If you're going to listen to music, I'd strongly recommend getting a good pair of ear buds or headphones. Even then, sound quality is not one of this phone's strong points.
- The camera sucks in low light, especially the front camera. Nighttime selfies are completely out of the question, and the amount of noise in low light photos is REALLY noticeable.
- The screen is difficult to see in direct sunlight. Especially if the screen is dirty.
- The battery gets drained like woah. I'm not sure why that's the case just yet, but I'd recommend keeping a charging cord with you at all times if you intend to use the phone a lot throughout the day. Apparently, the battery life improves over time once you start using it regularly, which is a trait of the particular type of battery used. We'll see how it holds up over the next month or so.
- Call quality is not the best. It works, but if you want clearer calls, this is not the phone for you.
- There's issues with the software that really affect the phone's performance (such as call quality and brightness of the flash). ASUS is currently releasing patches and updates on a pretty frequent basis to address these issues, so there's quite a few updates to install straight out of the box.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My phone died after 2 weeks of use ! The screen showed only the half of screen. But couldn't read anything, and never felt or anything. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Mr. T
Phone is ok, but when I factory reset to give it away when I upgraded it bricked. Now it is stuck in usb mode and doesn't reboot drivers won't install. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Nicole
Extremely disappointed by the phone performance. Very buggy. would stop to recognize my sim card twice a day. stopped recognizing my micro SD card. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
I had received the phone , about the phone its a nice phone,elegant, easy to use, nice design. The matter is inside the box the seller dont had sentme the earphones and manual... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Mauricio
what a great phone - wish i would've bought more as price has since gone way up.Published 5 months ago by EA
i love asus as a company. i have many of there parts for computers. and i've used them for computer parts, or computers themselves for years. i'm writing this on an asus laptop. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Justsin