5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gene Harris Album, June 26, 2011
This review is from: At Last (Audio CD)
I love all the blues, and Gene Harris was one of favorite bluesmen. This cd adds Scott Hamilton to the mix. This makes for some great listening. These guys give a treatment to " You Are My Sunshine ", that will make you love this tune. There'e a reason that Ray Brown used Gene Harris in his trio albums, he is truly a bluesman. I own all of the Ray Brown Trio and Gene Harris cds, this would be one of my top picks, but I love them all. Who knows, you just might become a Scott Hamilton fan in the bargain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Tight Swing an Unexpected Find, January 6, 2011
Avid Listener (Chicago Area, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: At Last (Audio CD)
This SACD really swings begining to end, it leaves you wanting more. Great playing from Harris, Hamilton and Ellis. The rhythm section is tight, they are as one. My taste leans towards more edge to my swing but they remain in the straight ahead swing pocket and it is absolutely wonderful. I have been playing this disc over and over again and letting others hear it. The audio quality is great and I would have given this 5 stars but I didn't care for multi channel mix. This is a nugget at this price. I have other stereo SACDs I paid much more for and do not enjoy as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have a good SACD player THIS IS A MUST SACD, November 2, 2009
This review is from: At Last (Audio CD)
Gene Harris has several incribable SACDs on the market. This is one you should look into getting. The recording quality is just amazing. I enjoy the SACDs with Jeff Hamilton the most but this group is just as good. Ray Brown and Gene Harris... you just cant go wrong!

At Last
At Last by Gene Harris (Audio CD - 2004)