Customer Discussions > Atliens forum

AtLiens vs. Aquemini

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 27, 2007 3:13:48 AM PDT
Tiffany says:
It's sooo hard to pick which Outkast album is my favorite (I have every single one, hell i grew up on them). What do you think?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2008 8:27:54 PM PDT
in my eyes, the answer is Atliens without a doubt.
Aquemini is def. an exceptional album but it's versatility stops the album from flowing as smoothly as Atliens. Atliens holds a very eerie atmosphere throughout the entire record while Aquemini isn't as consistent.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2008 6:41:20 PM PDT
I agree with C. Demarsh. Both "Aquemini" and "ATLiens" are fantastic albums, but "ATLiens" is the best one. The best rap-album of all time, in my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2008 7:27:23 PM PDT
right on man

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2009 6:49:55 AM PST
Cheena Hwin says:
ATLiens, hands down! One of the best albums ever, in my humble opinion.

Posted on Jul 24, 2009 9:56:10 PM PDT
Gordon says:
I dunno. I liked Aquemini (minus Mamacita & SpottieottieDopalicious). I'm gonna buy ATLiens cuz I might not know what I'm missing.

Posted on Aug 14, 2009 10:06:22 AM PDT
D. Ross says:
ATLiens

Posted on Aug 25, 2009 10:15:16 AM PDT
I agree with what most have said. Aquemini is not as easy to digest, even though its dope as hell, I do listen to Atliens much more. There are songs on Aquemini that I love, and some I have to be in the mood for, but I usually let Atliens play all the way through

Posted on Dec 2, 2009 8:21:22 PM PST
I'm gonna have to be the first to vote for Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik. Driving down many a roads, with all albums getting equal airplay, I immediatly think of the first album as my favorite. It may not be as diverse as their later albums but there is a flow from one song to next that captivates me. I may be stretching but most certainly in my top ten all time.
My Outkast rankings
1. Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
2. The Love Below
3. Aquemini
4. ATLiens
5. Stankonia
6. Idlewild
7. Speakerboxxx
8. Big Boi and Dre Present...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2009 6:14:26 AM PST
Holla, Steve Cochran II.

My ranking:

1. ATLiens
2. Aquemini
3. Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
4. Stankonia
5. Idlewild
6. Speakerboxxx/The Love Below

Posted on Dec 23, 2009 10:54:05 AM PST
Aquemini was way ahead of its time, Outkast touched areas no other hip hop artists touched on that record imo. Agreed that ATLiens is easier listening all the way thru and that album is crazy sick but to me Aquemini is Outkasts gem.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2011 8:19:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2011 8:20:18 PM PST
atliens hands down i love aquemini tied as my 2nd favorite with southernplayalistc but atliens is definetly more consistent and dosent have songs like mamacita or yall scared. other than those 2 songs, aquemini is pure crack but better than atliens? hell no lol

Posted on Feb 27, 2011 9:28:37 AM PST
illstatic says:
Both albums are classic hands down I've been struggling with this debate for years but I guess I'd have to go with ATliens! I feel that ATliens did flow smoother than aquemini like goostinrox4eva said, also songs like mamcita & spottieottieDopalicious kind of weakened the album, actually the first half of the album was better than the latter part of it starting off with hold on be strong, return of the g, rosa parks, skew it on the bar b, aquemini, synthesizer, slump, west savannah, art of storytelling pt 1 & 2, then got a bit weak (by the way why is nathaniel on here?) but picked back up with ya'll scared, liberation, & chonkyfire. So I guess ATliens wins but Aquemini is def their second best followed by playalistic & stankonia the rest I don't even care about LOL!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Atliens forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Apr 27, 2007
Latest post:  Feb 27, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
ATLiens [Vinyl]
ATLiens [Vinyl] by Outkast (Vinyl - 1996)
4.9 out of 5 stars   (210)