5.0 out of 5 stars Ateco tip numbers
Great variety!! It may help to know that if you are going to use couplers with these tips, you will need four different sized couplers. It may also help to have the actual Ateco numbers for each tip:

Gigantic: 789 frosting/basketweave tip
Extra large tips: 808, 828, 847, 867
Large tips: 804, 806, 825
Medium tips: 802, 822, 843, 863...
Published on June 13, 2012 by Liz T

3.0 out of 5 stars - 2 star for Amazon not checking returns
great product and i love the case that they come in.

however, amazon needs to do a better job inspecting returns. the 1st set i received had packaging tape wrapped around the case which was difficult to remove and left the case very sticky. then when i opened the case, i saw 3 very small tips taped together and taped to the case to prevent them from rattling...
Published 17 months ago by meloncollie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Ateco tip numbers, June 13, 2012

Gigantic: 789 frosting/basketweave tip
Extra large tips: 808, 828, 847, 867
Large tips: 804, 806, 825
Medium tips: 802, 822, 843, 863

Also, the brush that comes with the set is double-ended, unlike the one shown in the picture.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey, but high quality., March 1, 2005
I admit, I'm hard on my tools. In everything I do, I expect them to perform. This is why I have to repair my car so much, this is why I have to reformat my computer every few months. And this is why I always buy quality gear.

And these are definitley quality. They fit fine with my canvas pastry bag (except the large cake icer and the small round one. But that's acceptable). They produce perfectly shaped icing or dough or whatever medium you choose to work with. They're manufactured very well so that there are no seams or any other weak points.

They're not cheap. And that's the only real downside to them. I'm pretty sure they'll just about never bend, break or otherwise fail. Good stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly large tips, May 8, 2011
Lynn F. Noyes "LFN" (Nevada City, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ateco #786 Large Tube Set, 12 pcs. (Kitchen)
These are quality tips. Be aware that large means really large. I could fit a fingertip through most of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Professionals and Home Decorators alike!, August 29, 2011
This review is from: Ateco #786 Large Tube Set, 12 pcs. (Kitchen)
As a professional baker, this has become my go-to set for decorating my cakes and cupcakes. However, I was once a Wilton loyalist. Upon hesitantly purchasing my first Ateco set a while back, I will NOT be going back! The quality difference between Wilton and Ateco is absolutely astounding! So, if you are at all hesitant about making the switch from Wilton to Ateco, my advice - go for it! The only thing I would recommend is purchasing an Ateco Large Coupler to go along with this particular set. It makes decorating go much smoother and doesn't put as much strain and pressure on your pastry bags, since these are very large tips. Happy decorating!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations, April 13, 2011
This review is from: Ateco #786 Large Tube Set, 12 pcs. (Kitchen)
I'm used to using Wilton tips so maybe my expectations are low. But these tips are so sturdy, much bigger than the Wilton tips I can find at the store (perfect for cupcake buttercream swirls!) I have always covered my cupcakes with fondant because buttercream just doesn't look as polished, but using these tips will change that. I will never need to replace these tips unless I lose them or accidentally take a hammer to them ;) It comes in a handy round storage box plus a cleaning brush. A great value for what you get!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Decorating, November 9, 2006
NYC Mom (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ateco #786 Large Tube Set, 12 pcs. (Kitchen)
I'm new to bakery decorating and the tips work great! You can use them with pastry bags or even just regular plastic bags (if you cut open a corner for the tip). It is easy to clean with the brush and it is great that it comes with it's own box for easy storage. There are enough tips for simple decorating, still testing out all the different sizes and options.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great large tips, perfect for frosting cupcakes!, July 7, 2011
This review is from: Ateco #786 Large Tube Set, 12 pcs. (Kitchen)
I'll admit I was a bit surprised at how "large" these tips actually were when I received them but I absolutely love them. They are just perfect for frosting cupcakes and there are a lot more options than I've been able to find through Wilton. The metal is strong and I don't think they could be bent easily like a lot of my Wilton tips. They are very easy to clean with the included brush as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cupcakes for all!!, July 6, 2011
This review is from: Ateco #786 Large Tube Set, 12 pcs. (Kitchen)
I have enjoyed using these tubes. They are perfect for the current cupcake fad. I appreciate having a selection without having to buy each tube separately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Cupcake decorating, August 22, 2011
This review is from: Ateco #786 Large Tube Set, 12 pcs. (Kitchen)
These tips offer a wide range of tips for cupcake and I would guess cake decorating. I searched to find tips that would allow me to recreate some of the cupcake designs I see on shows like Cupcake Wars and these fit the bill. I have some other Wilton tips, but these feel better made. Specifically, since there is no seam on them that would create a weak point. If you like to make/decorate cupcakes this is a MUST.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for cupcakes, October 31, 2011
This review is from: Ateco #786 Large Tube Set, 12 pcs. (Kitchen)
I have been trying to get that "Cupcakery" look for my cupcakes and these were perfect. Great value, wonderful variety for beginners, and nice quality.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Ateco #786 Large Tube Set, 12 pcs.
$31.99 $24.17