5.0 out of 5 stars ~ GREAT DECORATING TOOL ~
Published on July 9, 2011 by Wolfee1

3.0 out of 5 stars Item is as described, packaging is lacking
This appears to be a heavy duty, sturdy item. As others posted, it is very sharp. I bought this as a gift. It arrived with no packaging. It was folded up in what appears to be thick paper (similar to butcher paper). It also had very noticeable scratches on it. I'm not too worried about the scratches since I'm sure this will get scratched through normal wear and tear,...
Published 14 months ago by kval07

5.0 out of 5 stars ~ GREAT DECORATING TOOL ~, July 9, 2011
This review is from: Ateco Decorating Comb & Icing Smoother (Kitchen)
I wish I would've found this Item Sooner "Ateco Decorating Comb & Icing Smoother" this is so simple and it works so Great, so many times I used to Grab my Fork to make some sort of Design when I Make a Cake, however, this Comb is so much better and it gives that Professional look of an Experienced Decorator, like I was doing it for...Years! Its so easy to Create Designs and so much Fun.

It is Made of Aluminum and its not Flimsy at all, you can't even Bend it, ...well, don't try it. I wash it by hand so it will stay looking like New for a long time. Each side of the Comb has a different Design, even the smooth side is perfect just to Level the Frosting all around and Top of the Cake getting it ready for Decorating. I wanted to try it out and I already made a Cake and it Works Wonders, you can Create all kinds of Patterns and Designs, even works with Icing on Top of Sheet Cakes,...you know, I just Retired my Fork!...Thank You D.D.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pastry comb, April 10, 2009
Miim (Nowhere land.) - See all my reviews
Great item.

I wish the teeth were longer because if you put too much of the paste it gets a bit messy when you comb through it, but it's pretty much the standard size all over, so you just gotta make sure you don't put too much before combing and you'll be fine. :)

It's THE must-have item for making those lovely ribbon sponge cakes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Icing Smoother, September 21, 2011
This review is from: Ateco Decorating Comb & Icing Smoother (Kitchen)
I am taking a cake decorating class and was having trouble getting my icing smooth, and this helped me out a great deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't put through the dishwasher, February 8, 2011
This review is from: Ateco Decorating Comb & Icing Smoother (Kitchen)
Got the comb a few days ago. Very sturdy with a good selection of teeth sizes. Recommended.

However, be forewarned: I made the mistake of putting it through the dishwasher. It came out discolored, but still fully intact. As far as I can tell, nothing is going to come off onto my cake, but I found it odd that they didn't say this in product description.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go To Tool, August 16, 2010
Trina (WASHINGTON, MI, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ateco Decorating Comb & Icing Smoother (Kitchen)
I used to struggle with a very large spatula and got tired of it. This simple little tool works wonders!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little tool, May 8, 2011
This review is from: Ateco Decorating Comb & Icing Smoother (Kitchen)
I ordered this smoother as a gift for a friend and found it to be a great tool and very worth the money, if you are as clumsy as I am, you will be very glad to have this in your tool kit.

4.0 out of 5 stars A gift for the Wife., March 24, 2013
This review is from: Ateco Decorating Comb & Icing Smoother (Kitchen)
I got this for my wife as a x-mas present. She loved it. Has been using it on cupcakes. And I get to be the the test subject. So win-win.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ateco Decorating Comb, September 8, 2012
This review is from: Ateco Decorating Comb & Icing Smoother (Kitchen)
Thumbs up to this little item,inexpensive and made from food grade metal,has four sides for four different designs on the sides of a cake,coupled with the rotating cake decorating base I purchased for my wife,and a new decorating tip set this really does give you a professional finish,equal all round,smooth or uniform design set on one of the Wilton Cake Bases its definitley worth purchasing and keeping with the arsenal of baking utensils.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ateco Decorating Comb & Icing Smoother, July 18, 2011
This review is from: Ateco Decorating Comb & Icing Smoother (Kitchen)
Great little piece of plastic to decorate cakes, cupcakes and soft toppings such as dips and mashed potato toppings. A little expensive for a piece of plastic but very useful to have for decorating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good one in my bag of tricks!, December 7, 2012
This review is from: Ateco Decorating Comb & Icing Smoother (Kitchen)
I am a good amateur baker and had great fun with this handy tool that helped me make fancy lines around my red velvet cake. Easy to use though you must be carefully due to the sharp edges.

Ateco Decorating Comb & Icing Smoother