Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

Package Quantity: 1|Color: white|Change

on July 9, 2011
I wish I would've found this Item Sooner "Ateco Decorating Comb & Icing Smoother" this is so simple and it works so Great, so many times I used to Grab my Fork to make some sort of Design when I Make a Cake, however, this Comb is so much better and it gives that Professional look of an Experienced Decorator, like I was doing it for...Years! Its so easy to Create Designs and so much Fun.

It is Made of Aluminum and its not Flimsy at all, you can't even Bend it, ...well, don't try it. I wash it by hand so it will stay looking like New for a long time. Each side of the Comb has a different Design, even the smooth side is perfect just to Level the Frosting all around and Top of the Cake getting it ready for Decorating. I wanted to try it out and I already made a Cake and it Works Wonders, you can Create all kinds of Patterns and Designs, even works with Icing on Top of Sheet Cakes,...you know, I just Retired my Fork!...Thank You D.D.
on September 21, 2011
I am taking a cake decorating class and was having trouble getting my icing smooth, and this helped me out a great deal.
on April 10, 2009
Great item.

I wish the teeth were longer because if you put too much of the paste it gets a bit messy when you comb through it, but it's pretty much the standard size all over, so you just gotta make sure you don't put too much before combing and you'll be fine. :)

It's THE must-have item for making those lovely ribbon sponge cakes.
on February 8, 2011
Got the comb a few days ago. Very sturdy with a good selection of teeth sizes. Recommended.

However, be forewarned: I made the mistake of putting it through the dishwasher. It came out discolored, but still fully intact. As far as I can tell, nothing is going to come off onto my cake, but I found it odd that they didn't say this in product description.
on August 16, 2010
I used to struggle with a very large spatula and got tired of it. This simple little tool works wonders!
on September 8, 2012
Thumbs up to this little item,inexpensive and made from food grade metal,has four sides for four different designs on the sides of a cake,coupled with the rotating cake decorating base I purchased for my wife,and a new decorating tip set this really does give you a professional finish,equal all round,smooth or uniform design set on one of the Wilton Cake Bases its definitley worth purchasing and keeping with the arsenal of baking utensils.
on July 3, 2015
I really love this smoother! I lost it and had to buy it again for my next cake because I can't smooth without it! I've never used the textured sides, but the straight size makes it so easy to get buttercream nice and smooth! It's cheap so give it a try! It does get a discolored in the dishwasher. It hasn't rusted though.
on May 18, 2014
This is a metal tool. The flat side is for smoothing the frosting of a cake, for example - to smooth buttercream in order to lay fondant over it. The other three sides will create a design in the frosting, instead of making it perfectly smooth. The instructions say to apply a thick layer of icing to the cake, then before the crust forms; dip the smoother/comb in hot water, shake off excess water, and draw it across the iced surface. Very simple and direct. If you hold it at an angle, you will remove less icing from the cake. Picture holding the tool completely perpendicular to the surface of the cake, with the patterned edge against the icing, then (keeping the entire edge against the icing) folding the hand that holds the tool in toward the cake. I'm not sure what the benefit is of making the tool rectangular instead of square, but the two long sides will easily cover a standard two-layer cake side. The small sides may need to be drawn against the icing twice, once at the top of the cake and once at the bottom. I had thought this was plastic acrylic and am pleased to see that it is metal and will hold up over time. With a lot of force, it can be bent, but will not bend during regular use.
on May 13, 2016
I thought it would be plastic not metal. Which is my fault for not realizing. I do see potential for someone who is accident prone like myself, to cut myself with it.

This is a must have if you do any kind of decorating. Regardless of skill level. It will take some practice to make sure it comes out even. Depends on how much pressure and if you have it at an angle.

It's worth the price paid and will help me tons.
review image
on May 8, 2011
I ordered this smoother as a gift for a friend and found it to be a great tool and very worth the money, if you are as clumsy as I am, you will be very glad to have this in your tool kit.