5.0 out of 5 stars Well-constructed and designed rolling duffel
Published 15 months ago by Lisa

3.0 out of 5 stars too heavy for me
I love the construction and the way it rolls, but with the current weight limits, and my 5'2" height, I need something that's less heavy before I even start to fill it up. Darn! If the weight doesn't matter for your use, this would be the one, as it's roomy and quite sturdy. I sent mine back.
Published 4 months ago by Beth Hartmann

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-constructed and designed rolling duffel, May 15, 2013
This review is from: Athalon 22" 15-Pocket Duffel (Apparel)
This piece of luggage saved me on a pseudo-backpacking trip. It is very sturdy with enough pockets to really keep organized. I also liked the design of the zippers to allow for easy luggage locking of the bigger compartments. The top compartment is perfect for the little daily-use things like the ultra-absorbable towel, flip-flops (see below), and toiletries that I didn't want to have to rummage through the rest of my stuff to get to. It was really perfect for a 2-week trip, I was able to cram a lot more into it than I think I would have in a non-pocketed suitcase

Con: the rear pockets that were designed for "flip flops" actually hinder the bag closing when used for flip flops. Of note, I did get my lugage pretty stuffed, but as soon as I removed the small/light flip-flops, I was able to close the bag without struggling, otherwise I couldn't even pull the top lid over to make enough space. But this is not nearly a reason to not use or buy the bag.

One other small con is that sometimes when trying to stand it up when packed full, it is a little unbalanced. Again not a reason to not buy the bag, but just be aware

5.0 out of 5 stars Athalon 15 pocket duffel, August 25, 2011
Athalon 22" 15-Pocket DuffelExcellent product. This is the second one that I ordered. Shipped/arrived quicker than expected both times. Small enough to take on board airplanes except some small ones in which only very small carry on bags will fit in overheads. It is within airline specifications for carry on luggage. I have had other sizes of this luggage for years and it holds up very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Athalon Duffel Bag, October 2, 2013
Well designed duffel bag. Plenty of pocket and compartments. Appears to be well built. Good sturdy zippers. Plenty of straps to secure other items on the outside

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, August 6, 2012
Although I will not be using the bags I ordered until Aug. 14th, I have had them out of the box and they look very well made and the sizes are just right for me. I ordered the 22 inch duffle and the 29 inch duffle. Both have rolling wheels. The fabric seems very strong and I liked the idea of a cinch strap incase I do not have it full; I can cinch it down so my clothing stays in place better. I think I am really going to like this. My older suitcase was LARGE and opened out in the traditional way. It took up so much floor space whenever I visited anyone. This duffle has a much smaller footprint. I was afraid of the rust color but it is actually very nice. Was afraid it would be too orange but it isn't. I am glad I purchaced these bags.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Bag!, April 6, 2012
This review is from: Athalon 22" 15-Pocket Duffel (Apparel)
I bought the 25" bag for a trip to Italy, love it so much I HAD to have the smaller bag to use as a carry on. You can fit so much in them, the pockets are great. Very durable!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not get this bag, June 3, 2014
I have bought a couple of sets of Athalon rolling duffles for my teenage sons. They have complained that the little one is unstable and they refuse to use it. Well, today I walked with it to the office and discovered that they are so right. First of all, the handle doesn't seem to come all the way up, so I had to reach down just to pull it. Worse, any little bump knocks it off balance and it begins to wobble from one side to the other to the point that you can't continue walking with it. To stabilize it, you have to pull it off the ground and set it back down, and even then, unless you do it just right, it will continue to wobble and you have to pick it up again. This happened at least 15 times on a walk of about 25 minutes. In every other way, it's a great bag. But if you can't walk with it, then the rest doesn't matter.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stitching came apart on second use, May 31, 2014
C T Mitchell (Arlington, TN United States) - See all my reviews
I have owned two of these for years but my newest one completely feel apart on a sailing trip. It was not mishandle. All the side stitching unraveled and the main zipper just came out. Luckily I had a few hotel sewing kits so I could limp back home with my belongings.

3.0 out of 5 stars too heavy for me, April 5, 2014
Beth Hartmann (Sonoma County, CA USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Carry on, January 28, 2014
I originally bought this bag to use at the gym. I had a huge bag before as I had to carry extra clothing and shoes. I was a little worried everything would not fit but it did. 2 pairs of shoes, extra clothes and enough pockets for all my miscellaneous gear. The exciting thing I found later was when I used it as a carry on it was the perfect size. I hope they contiue to make this style as I love it and use it every day. It seems as though as it will last forever but I'm hard on bags and I know sooner or later it will break down. I have had it for around 4 months now and it is still going strong.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, January 8, 2014
Plenty of room. Nice feature that it opens like a clamshell. Carry-on size. Seems durable. 5 stars if it had a shoulder strap

Athalon Luggage 22" 15-Pocket Duffel, Blue