Is there really a God? Or does God exist only in our heads? Is the Bible truly Gods Word, or a jumble of fanciful myths? THE WORLD'S BEST-SELLING BOOK ON ATHEISM is your front-row ticket to mankinds most enthralling debate. An atheist for thirty years, David Mills argues that God is unnecessary to explain the universe and lifes diversity, organization and beauty.
This unique and captivating book rebuts every argument ever offered to "prove" Gods existence and the Bibles credibility arguments from logic, common sense, Christian apologetics, philosophy, ethics, history, and up-to-the-minute science.
Among the intriguing questions addressed in this all-inclusive volume:
* What, precisely, is atheism, and why is it misunderstood so thoroughly?
* If God is a myth, then did the universe appear from nothing?
* Does the meticulous clockwork of planetary motion result from mindless random forces?
* Do atheists believe that human beings evolved through blind accident from lifeless matter?
* Do the splendor and intricacy of life on Earth reveal evidence of intelligent design by a supernatural Creator?
* Can atheists prove that God does NOT exist?
* What about Creation Science, and the popular new movement to reconcile Scripture and science?
* Have recent scientific discoveries pointed to Gods governance of the cosmos?
* Did Albert Einstein believe in God?
* Does the fact that energy cannot be destroyed lend credibility to a belief in eternal life?
* Without God, can there be a valid system of ethics or an objective "right" and "wrong"?
* Does religion encourage moral conduct and civilized behavior? Is the Golden Rule really such a bad idea?
* What is the meaning of life without God?
* When we die, are we simply dead like dogs?
* Did atheists suffer a trauma in childhood that warped them into blasphemous rebellion?
* Because of ubiquitous injustice on Earth, is an afterlife required to redress the imbalance, where evil is ultimately punished and virtue rewarded?
* Is atheism just another crackpot religion?
* Whats the harm in a persons private spirituality? Does humanity have everything to gain, and nothing to lose, through belief in God (even if Hes only imaginary)?
* Apart from the Bible, is there secular historical evidence of Jesus miracles and resurrection?
* How do atheists explain "near death" experiences and medical miracles which amaze even skeptical doctors?
* Why should a tiny minority of atheists be able to force their opinions on everyone else by banning prayer in public schools?
* Since "there are no atheists in foxholes," have famous nonbelievers recanted on their deathbeds?
* Did Old and New Testament prophecies correctly predict events which actually unfolded during our own lifetimes?
* What about the Shroud of Turin and the discovery of wood fragments from Noahs Ark on Mount Ararat in Turkey?
* Does the Law of Entropy (or the "running down" of the universe) contradict evolutionary theory, which asserts that Natures complexity is increasing?
* Is there absolute proof that man evolved from a lower form of life?
* Even if you believe that all life evolved from a single cell, how could complex cellular life originate without a Creator?
* Is atheism a totally negative philosophy, leading only to cynicism and despair?
* Does communisms past embrace of atheism prove that atheism is an evil and failed philosophy?
* Was America really founded upon Christian principles by Christian believers?
* What is the true, behind-the-scenes relationship between politics and religion in 21st-century America?
All of these questions and hundreds of others are fully confronted and methodically answered in the riveting pages of Atheist Universe. Its all here for you in one richly entertaining, comprehensive, and easy-to-read volume. Few other books provide such spellbinding inquiry and arrive at such a controversial and well-documented conclusion.
JUST UPDATED FOR 2006!