Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.98 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Athens 2004 - PlayStation 2
|Price:||$12.59 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$7.40 (37%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Authentic 3D-crafted stadiums for actual Athens 2004 events - Panathinaiko Stadium for Archery events, Nikaia Olympic Weightlifting Hall, Olympic Indoor Hall and Markopoulo Shooting Centre
- Choose from 800 athletes from 64 countries, across five continents -- from South Africa to Serbia & Montenegro
- Try to beat world records by competing in Challenge Mode, with 1 to 4 players
- Compete like an Olympian in the Decathlon, Heptathlon, Aquatics, Gymnastics and more
- Dance Mat compatible - get a true feel for the competition, as you struggle to jump higher, swim harder and run faster
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
- Olympic License: Athens 2004 is the only official licensed video game product of the IOC on console.
- Thirteen Athletics (Track and Field) Events: 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m, hurdles, long jump, high jump, triple jump, pole vault, javelin throw, discus throw, and shot put
- Four Aquatics (Swimming) Events: 100m freestyle, 100m backstroke, 100m breaststroke and 100m butterfly
- Four Gymnastics Events: Floor exercises men, floor exercises women, rings men and vault
- One Shooting Event: Skeet
- One Archery Event: Individual 70m
- One Weightlifting Event: Clean & Jerk
- One Equestrian Event: Jumping individual mixed
- Four Arcade and Eight Competition Game Modes: From Practice to the Official Decathlon and Hepthlon combined events
- Practice Mode: All world-class athletes need to practice so before taking on the worldÕs best, head to Practice Mode to sharpen your skills and nail down your timing.
- Single Event Mode: In addition to playing for medals, Single Event Mode awards players based on a point system so that you then take your points to the Olympic Store and exchange them for hidden items and features.
- Challenge Mode:The simulation section of the game that reflects the spirit of the Olympic Games. In this mode, 1-4 players are competing against real times, and real world records in real Olympic scenarios.
- Party Mode: Athens 2004 is truly an interactive experience while competing in Party Mode. Display your athletic ability by using the Dance Mat while competing in 10 different events including hurdles, 100m freestyle, gymnastics floor exercises plus many other challenging events while chasing the gold medal.
- Competition Mode: Individual, Decathlon, Hepthlon, Athletics (Track & Field), Aquatics (Swimming), Gymnastics, Champion and Custom.
- Dance Mat Compatible: The Dance Mat makes Athens 2004 truly an interactive experience as you attempt to run faster, swim stronger and jump higher all while competing on the Dance Mat.
Top Customer Reviews
The game have a wide range of events and it's enjoyable. Competision is always tight, the more you break the records the tougher the competiters get. BUY THIS GAME!!! this would be the best Athletics game until/if they come out with one in late 2008/ early 2009. I hope they improve into having real athletes on it by names and things, that would be tight!!
Track and Field is my heart. I've been sprinting the 100m, 200m, sometimes the 400m and did the Long Jump/Triple Jump as field events ever since I was around 8yrs old. Competed in track and field games such as Cafifta, and other island meets (I'm from the Caribbean) I always loved the sport.
I won over 60 medals (36 of them are gold) but all that ended when I was 18yrs old before a track meet. Got into incident that caused me a knee injury but I'm working my way back to running again and competing.
Some have given this game negative reviews because some events (like swimming and the 400 meter) require you to tap for over a minute. No one can possibly do this and enjoy it. But, and I say BUT, there are too many good events on this title that DO NOT require you to tap for you to pass on it. Ignore the "tappers", you will have a blast with the rest.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This game was alot of fun easy to play make u feel like u in the olympics one of the best game for track and field.Published 23 months ago by ziggie haughton
I like this game and i play it more time than any game in ps2 or pc < realy >Published on October 30, 2013 by Abdulrahman
A very Good and Decent game.
Will recommend to ppl. A lot of fun with friends and family.
Do try it..
Bought this game for my sons and they are quite happy with it. In fact it has been their preferred game ever since.Athens 2004Published on April 21, 2012 by Richard
Practice definitely makes perfect in this game. Due to the way the controls are setup, it makes for an interesting test of finger strength and endurance :). Read morePublished on September 29, 2008 by M