Whether you’re a hardcore competitor or a weekend warrior, this book belongs on your shelf. The Athlete's Book of Home Remedies (Enhanced Edition) is your go-to resource for safe, effective, do-it-yourself treatments whether you have a strain, sprain, or pain that you’ve never felt before.
When you get hurt, you have fears. You have questions. Ice or heat? Should I see a doctor? Will I need surgery? This book answers those questions and allays those fears. Dr. Jordan Metzl, one of the nation’s leading sports medicine physicians, breaks down all the information into easy-to-follow strategies for effective self-treatment—while letting you know in no uncertain terms when you should go see your own doctor, pronto.
The book also answers other common training questions like, "What should I eat to fuel my workouts?" and "What exercises can I do to prevent injury and perform at the next level?" Understand: Metzl isn’t just a doctor. He’s an elite athlete, having completed 9 Ironman triathlons and 29 marathons. He understands the mind of the athlete, how psychologically devastating any injury can be, and what it takes to get you back in your game as quickly and safely as possible.
In The Athlete's Book of Home Remedies (Enhanced Edition), you’ll find:
- Nearly an hour’s worth of bonus video content, including the Iron Strength Workout for Runners
- Eye-popping anatomical illustrations of each injury, detailed symptoms, how the injury happens, and how to fix it
- The secret system of the body that you can tap to boost performance and prevent injury
- Concussions: What you need to know
- The most annoying sports maladies ever—from athlete’s foot to side stitches—cured!
- The Iron Strength Workouts: Intense, total-body exercise routines for all fitness levels designed to build injury-proof athletes
- Two comprehensive eating plans, each with a week’s worth of meals engineered to fit the specific nutrition needs for endurance training or strength training
- Dozens of sneaky tips for gaining an edge in any sport