4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good.
Love the look of the actual tower. The black wire blends in with the DVDs or video games and suits any type of room.

Here's the catch.

Standing on the ground, the unit is extremely wobbly. Plus, the two parts (the unit is split into two parts that fit together) come apart very easily.

Here's the fix.

Mount it on the wall using...
Published on June 23, 2007 by James Bliziotis

3.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't want Atlantic to design a skyscraper...
Published on August 9, 2011 by Andrew C

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good., June 23, 2007

Here's the catch.

Here's the fix.

Mount it on the wall using the screws provided. It takes 2 minutes and alleviates all of those problems. If you're not going to mount it on the wall, think about getting a different unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not bulky or ugly,holds alot and fits in the corner., January 3, 2007
Captain Pete "Pete" (High Desert, California) - See all my reviews
This storage rack is just what we needed, it holds plenty of DVDs and takes up minimal space. It is not bulky and not another piece of furniture like the ones we looked at in stores, it fits in the corner out of the way and is functional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile Media Rack fits Everything!, June 26, 2009
This review is from: Atlantic 1331 Onyx 28 DVD/Games Tower - Matte Black Steel (Electronics)
This wall mounted Atlantic DVD rack met all of my needs.

I have a PS3 game console and at first, purchased a blu-ray movie rack for my blu-ray movies and PS3 games. Unfortunately, the PS3 games have thicker cases than blu-ray movies and are a very tight fit in the blu-ray movie rack. The occasional DVD has a case too wide to fit in the blu-ray movie rack.

This Atlantic DVD rack just fits everything. I've moved my PS3 games from the blu-ray rack to the DVD rack, no more tight fit. The Atlantic DVD rack also has several larger positions at the bottom to fit extra wide cases.

3.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't want Atlantic to design a skyscraper..., August 9, 2011
The price and DVD storage capability of this product grabbed my attention and led to my eventual purchase. Upon un-boxing it, however, I grew a bit nervous. One of the holes which attaches the top and bottom sections of the rack snapped off before I assembled it and some of the shelves were bent. Though the shelves could be easily bent back into shape, I was immediately skeptical about the reliability of a product that was already falling apart. Not wanting to deal with the headache of returning the tower and having to find a new one, I figured I'd give it a chance. Without DVDs it appeared to hold its own, but when I filled it up I noticed the tower began wobbling to the point where I was concerned that it might fall. I eventually pinned the top of the tower to my wall which significantly reduced the tower's freedom of movement and significantly increased my faith in using this tower for DVD storage.

If you are looking for a freestanding DVD tower, I'd try your luck with a different product. If you're okay screwing it directly into the wall (preferably both top and bottom), then this is a great tower for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, is a bit unstable., March 1, 2011
I have two versions of this tower. The smaller one that holds 28 as well as the larger version that holds 65.

The smaller version I leaned against my desk at an angle, and it has always worked great. Really loved it. It fit DVD/Bluray cases just fine as well as my PS3 games (which are similar cases anyway). It also included a couple double-sized slots toward the bottom for special editions DVD/Bluray cases and what not.

The 65 slot tower is two pieces that plug into on another, then plug onto a little foot stand (unless you wall mount it - which there are holes and brackets for). The biggest problem with this is that it's a little unstable when not on a hard surface, especially when it's partially loaded.

Typically with these things you load from top to bottom (naturally, since it's easier to reach the things on top). But when you add weight up top it just makes instability worse. Granted, if you actually have 60+ DVD's and you load them starting from the bottom, it is probably fine cause there is enough weight at that point. But if you have only 30 or so like I do (just enough to step up from the 28 slot one, which now just holds my PS3 games), then it's hard to use. So right now I am just using the lower half plugged into the feet, since it's a two section tower, and it's working fine.

The other thing I miss on the 65 slot one is the extra-large slots for the special edition DVD's. This was a nice touch on the 28 slot one that is missing on the 65-slot one.

In any case, It's a great, sleek design that works rather well. It's a bit expensive for what it is (a hunk of metal) but I knew that going in so I'm not going to fault it for that. I took off 1 star because of the instability issue.

So, if you are wall mounting, no problem. Great stand.
If you have hard floors, no problem. Great stand.
If you have carpet, just be aware of the issues, but it still works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cen't do better for the price., January 20, 2008
I'd recommend mounting it to a wall because it might be a little unstable freestanding. For the price and for what I needed done it was a perfect buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very functional, July 4, 2007
Boston Lori (Milton, MA United States) - See all my reviews
Minimal assembly, sturdy, and unobtrusive in a room. Was perfect for what I needed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking rack, May 18, 2012
Nick (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This wire DVD/game rack is simple and cheap, holding 30+ DVD/games per rack. Some of the bars, vertical and horizontal, on mine were bent when I received it so I was unable to attach the two towers together or get the stand to fit on it. I just mounted them to the wall separately and it looks fine so no big deal, just something to consider when buying. The horizontal bars are pliable and easy put back into place...

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for a free-standing piece!, January 1, 2014
Everything about the look of the tower is striking. Its design, materials, and easy in/out of DVD's is noteworthy. It was packaged well, and assembled easily. Please consider the thickness of your DVD's packaging! Singles are fine for the slot sizes, but all those slots are the same size and are not adjustable to accommodate thicker, muti-disk or "collector" editions. This situation makes it not the single-point storage I had hoped for.

Also, and important to households with children or pets, this unit should not be used as "free-standing." It does not stand with stability as the base has no weighting to it. That said, the unit does ship with screws for securing it to a wall, and the brackets for securing it are well hidden. Just plan to use them if you order this tower.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad... but flimsy..., December 23, 2013
D. A. Cobb (Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy) - See all my reviews
I should have returned this tower. I just decided to put up with it. It's not bad. It gets the job done. I have mine about 3/5 full with DVD's, Blu-ray's, PS3 Games, and Xbox Games. They all fit pretty decently. Even movies that have an extra cover attached to it will fit inside this baby.

The bad: It comes in two pieces--that's not the bad part, let me get to that: these 2 pieces do not hold together well. The separation is in the middle of the tower. So, say you have discs spread out all throughout the tower and try to pick it up slowly to move it.... you're gonna have some issues. Discs will shoot out everywhere. Figuratively, of course. Bumping the tower is NOT a good idea. Putting it in an area near a door/hallway is a bad idea. When you hit it, it'll start fraying back and forth. This movement will make you cringe and suddenly throw both arms out to stop the movement to prevent discs from falling. Who knows, this might be just the one I got?

Overall: for the prices... YES. Good deal!

BUT if you got an extra buck, get something more sturdy!

Rate and Discover Movies