4.0 out of 5 stars It's not nearly as bad as it looks.
Published on October 17, 2007 by Joshua Y. Yuan

3.0 out of 5 stars It's cheap, and holds dvds...
Well it holds DVDs. Sometimes putting them on the shelf is annyoing, because the edge of the dvd may fall between the opening on each level (each "shelf" is comprised of a piece of plastic, a gap and a metal rod).

Published on July 1, 2009 by J. Holder

4.0 out of 5 stars It's not nearly as bad as it looks., October 17, 2007
This review is from: Atlantic 64835195 Mitsu 130 CD/90 DVD/BluRay/Games 5-Tier Media Rack Smoke (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
This rack came in a small box with the parts needed for construction, no extra tools needed. The entire rack consists of plastic frame reinforced by metal bars for each shelf, making the entire thing seem somewhat weak or unstable looking. Comes with wall mounters which i didn't use, you'll have to consult with somebody else about those. But for the most part, the product is rather stable and my rack of ps2 games hasn't fallen down yet, which i say is a huge plus because it's a full 90 dvds. The shelves however themselves aren't shelves, it's just like, 2 bars pretty much, so they sometimes sit in the hole on the shelf layer rather than the shelf itself. I have not had any dvd topples or falls or real incidents with it so i say that's more or less a minor setback, but its still there.

At this point I am satisfied with this product; its compact, holds 90 dvds, cheap, and it works. May not be as nice as a real wooden media shelf, but hey, you get what you pay for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, February 1, 2010
This DVD rack is sold by Atlantic, and made made by Mitsu, which is based out of India. I bought this rack because it was cheep and the reviews indicated it worked. I make my own furniture and I currently have many projects in the making. My wife asked for a DVD rack, which I do not have time to make right now, so we looked for something cheep that would keep the DVD's out of the floor temporarily. This rack worked just fine. I would like to address two issues I read in other reviews.

Assembly: It is much easier, when assembling anything to not tighten any screws, or bolts, until the entire project is put together. This allows for some moving room and it is easier to fix mistakes.

Tips/Falls easily: The first thing I noticed about this rack was that the base is the same width as the body of the rack. It stands to reason that once loaded with DVD s it is going to be top heavy, therefore it will fall over. It is designed to be screwed to the wall, but I wanted it to be free standing. I cut a plywood board two inches wider and two inches longer than the plastic rack. I carefully drilled holes in the plastic rack legs and I attached the rack to the plywood base. Now, the bottom base is wider, longer and heavier then the rack, so it stands up straight and it will not fall over even with the top loaded with DVD s. If you want to try this, be sure and pour water on the drill as you are drilling plastic. This keeps it from cracking. If you do not want to try drilling in plastic, you can strap it to a wood base board.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's cheap, and holds dvds..., July 1, 2009

It was only $20 dollars or so, but it feels like something that should have cost $8 or $10 as I know you can find some made of particle board for about $30 that are much sturdier.

It is small though, and it fit perfectly where I needed it. It just feels a little cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice compact stand for a small space, December 13, 2007
I bought this stand because of its smaller size to fit between a fireplace and a window and it works beautifully. The stand comes in a lot of pieces but goes together fast and easy. There are 2 wall braces that require being screwed into the wall. This makes it super sturdy.

3.0 out of 5 stars $10 product..., June 17, 2009
This is not what I had expected for approx $25. If this were a $10 shelf I would be satisfied with the purchase, but I believe we should have received better quality for this price.

The shelf has a good appearance, and that's about where the positives end. It is made of a real light plastic. It does not stand well on it's own and needs to be anchored to the wall (anchoring hardware is included). The assembly is easy enough (yes, every bit of it needs assembly). I will say it will hold the 90 DVDs it advertises.

I believe it would be wise to spend your money elsewhere than on this product. I read other reviews and thought it would be worthwhile to purchase this shelf -- Wrong! As I stated, this is a $10 product. I had assumed the quality would match the price and I was incorrect. Look elsewhere. Learn from my mistake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Build Quality, December 27, 2010
This thing instantly collapsed after I put a Ford F-150 truck on it. What a piece of trash, what were they thinking with this thing?

Guys, this thing holds DVD CASES and VIDEO GAME BOXES - which are comprised of PLASTIC, CARDBOARD, and PAPER. Get over it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to construct and it has book end, December 25, 2011
This thing was easy to set up and it's stable enough on my carpet that I didn't use the wall mounts. The best part is that each shelf has an added book end device for keeping your stuff ruler straight on the shelves which are DVD perfect

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty swankery for the price!, September 5, 2005
Paula Stornetta (Concord, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Not the sturdiest, but it looks nifty and gives you great and compact storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most economical, pretty stylish, October 8, 2011
This was the cheapest of this kind of DVD rack that I could find. Similar products made of wood cost a lot more. This one is made of plastic, but sturdy enough to do the job. The looks is not half bad, I'd say pretty stylish. At least it fits to our interior. The minimalistic design gives an impression that it is not taking a lot of space. The narrow width gives flexibility in the usage of space. I actually have two next to each other. I got a lot of satisfaction for a small amount of money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Alternative, does its job, June 2, 2010
I<3Huskies (New Orleans, LA) - See all my reviews
Honestly, this was a good deal, granted this isn't a wooden dvd holder so I wasn't expecting that much when I ordered it. It was easy to put together, only took 10-15mins, and after loading it almost full with my dvds, it looks just fine. I haven't had a problem with tipping, so I did not anchor it to the wall. But I also do keep it against the wall and there really isn't much movement to the stand to cause it to tip over. The only problem I've had is when I pull out a dvd in the middle of the shelf it is sometimes a little difficult to put it back into place so the bottom is resting properly on the back of the rack. Its worth a try if you don't want to spend a lot of money on a dvd tower.