5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and gets the job done
I bought this after looking at a lot of other dvd/media racks on Amazon.

This one was chosen for a combination of price (not crazy expensive) and minimal footprint (it is for a bedroom). It fit the bill in both ways.

Published on May 18, 2012 by Angie Guerra

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but it works. Not bad.
Published on February 10, 2012 by E. Lewis

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but it works. Not bad., February 10, 2012
This review is from: Atlantic 78205091 Media Folding Rack 153 CD or 72 DVD P2 (Electronics)
Let me say first that I would have happily paid more for a nicer product, but I couldn't find one of sufficient narrowness for the spot between the TV and the corner. This product is flawed but it works. First, it's a little bit unstable, but it does come with tools to screw it into the wall behind it if you want. Second, it's not that easy to put together. Plastic, unrivited plastic "feet" securing bolts get screwed on with a custom tool they included - if they'd made these small parts of metal it would have added maybe 20 cents to the cost to the manufacturer, and made set up much easier and stronger. 2nd, while it looks like the sides are 1 piece, they are actually 2 pieces, screwed together. This is done to reduce shipping cost due to the size, but it also makes the product less stable, and the screws and bolts that hold the 2 pieces together are both quite small, and you need the shortest screwdriver in the world to fit over the screw, cause there's a bar just 3 inches above it and you can't get a good screwdriver twist when you have to come in at an angle. The bolts are also small and hard to grip with pliers, so I tightened mine by hand as best I could.

The shelves also are not as "gripping" as they should be for this kind of snap together in place design and they shelf floors are prone to things falling through them cause there's too much open space for a "floor"

It sounds like I'm trashing this product, but based on the price, I think they're making no claims that this is quality. What it is, is functional and to me, it's worth the money cause I finally have a rack that holds all my DVDs, in a fairly attractive way - in a small space next to the TV. It works for me cause it's just the right size, but I think the people who call this a "piece of junk" have a point too. I wouldn't give this as a present to somebody unless I disliked them. ;-)

3.5 stars for the product because it basically works and because I'm happy to have it. 1.5 stars for the manufacturer - sometimes spending a bit more money on better, more sturdy and easier to set up design is the way to go. Dirt Cheapest possible isn't always best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and gets the job done, May 18, 2012
Angie Guerra (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I bought this after looking at a lot of other dvd/media racks on Amazon.

Set up was fairly easy. My boyfriend thankfully spared me of this but he said he had it put together fairly quickly and did not find anything confusing about the instructions.

Overall we are very satisfied with this product. I would, from a design standpoint, have liked to have something more robust, like a wooden media cabinet, but our space constrictions prohibit that. This rack takes up a very small amount of floor space, which is very important for us as we live with roommates, so our bedroom space needs to be maximized.

Very pleased!

***UPDATE*** It has been 3 months since I bought this and it still holding up just fine! DVDs are taken & put back from it on a daily basis and it is showing no signs of wear. Still very pleased!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does its job and looks good, January 21, 2013
We're happy with this product - it holds both CDs and DVDs, doesn't take up a lot of space, and looks reasonably good. I had a hard time finding a rack that would hold CDs, and this one works fine and was reasonably priced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, December 31, 2012
Taylor Renzi (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
Order came just in time. Assembly that was required was not difficult and doesn't take up much space. Nice product overall

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for a small space, January 21, 2014
I needed something for a small space between a dresser and the wall, out of the way, it works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars I rated the folding rack 5 stars, January 2, 2014
It was hard to find one that fit in the small space I had. It was easy to put together. It actually held more CD
s than I thought it would.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied, November 4, 2013
Easy to assemble. Holds a lot of CD's . Inexpensive. It's not fancy but for the price it serves the purpose well.

2.0 out of 5 stars not what i expected, September 14, 2013
I wanted a storage unit for my dvds. The space was only 11 inches wide this was the narrowest unit I could find for about 55 dvds. I thaught I could lay them on there backs flat, but you can't do it very well. It would of been nice if it could of been a little wider. But that's my fault for not looking at the picture better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Elegant display item, December 2, 2013
I received this well in time. It was easy to assemble. There were some pieces that were hard to fit, but with some brute force I was able to make them work. I was able to fit in lots of CDs and DVDs. The end result is this clean, elegant storage space that sits well next to my TV and gets great compliments.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good use of small spaces, June 1, 2014
Can not give it 5 stars as loving a holder of items doesn't work for me. HOWEVER, I really like the size of it because it fits into a small space and holds a lot of the "extra" CDs that were being kept in shoe boxes. Had more than I thought because this is now full. I would recommend this to people who have just a small space that they would like to make use of. Probably could hold objects of art.