Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on February 10, 2012
Let me say first that I would have happily paid more for a nicer product, but I couldn't find one of sufficient narrowness for the spot between the TV and the corner. This product is flawed but it works. First, it's a little bit unstable, but it does come with tools to screw it into the wall behind it if you want. Second, it's not that easy to put together. Plastic, unrivited plastic "feet" securing bolts get screwed on with a custom tool they included - if they'd made these small parts of metal it would have added maybe 20 cents to the cost to the manufacturer, and made set up much easier and stronger. 2nd, while it looks like the sides are 1 piece, they are actually 2 pieces, screwed together. This is done to reduce shipping cost due to the size, but it also makes the product less stable, and the screws and bolts that hold the 2 pieces together are both quite small, and you need the shortest screwdriver in the world to fit over the screw, cause there's a bar just 3 inches above it and you can't get a good screwdriver twist when you have to come in at an angle. The bolts are also small and hard to grip with pliers, so I tightened mine by hand as best I could.

The shelves also are not as "gripping" as they should be for this kind of snap together in place design and they shelf floors are prone to things falling through them cause there's too much open space for a "floor"

It sounds like I'm trashing this product, but based on the price, I think they're making no claims that this is quality. What it is, is functional and to me, it's worth the money cause I finally have a rack that holds all my DVDs, in a fairly attractive way - in a small space next to the TV. It works for me cause it's just the right size, but I think the people who call this a "piece of junk" have a point too. I wouldn't give this as a present to somebody unless I disliked them. ;-)

3.5 stars for the product because it basically works and because I'm happy to have it. 1.5 stars for the manufacturer - sometimes spending a bit more money on better, more sturdy and easier to set up design is the way to go. Dirt Cheapest possible isn't always best.
11 comment107 of 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2012
I bought this after looking at a lot of other dvd/media racks on Amazon.

This one was chosen for a combination of price (not crazy expensive) and minimal footprint (it is for a bedroom). It fit the bill in both ways.

Set up was fairly easy. My boyfriend thankfully spared me of this but he said he had it put together fairly quickly and did not find anything confusing about the instructions.

Overall we are very satisfied with this product. I would, from a design standpoint, have liked to have something more robust, like a wooden media cabinet, but our space constrictions prohibit that. This rack takes up a very small amount of floor space, which is very important for us as we live with roommates, so our bedroom space needs to be maximized.

Very pleased!

***UPDATE*** It has been 3 months since I bought this and it still holding up just fine! DVDs are taken & put back from it on a daily basis and it is showing no signs of wear. Still very pleased!
33 comments61 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2013
We're happy with this product - it holds both CDs and DVDs, doesn't take up a lot of space, and looks reasonably good. I had a hard time finding a rack that would hold CDs, and this one works fine and was reasonably priced.
on May 2, 2015
Very dissapointed. Dvds can't lie flat on their side,they have to stand up straight. Normally this wouldn't bug me but when assembling, the shelves aren't long enough length wise to attach comfortably to both sides. When you do get them attached, the sides of the rack bow in towards the middle, and you can't hook any shelves in the middle (height wise) at all because it comes in 2 pieces and the bars don't flex (which they shouldn't need too.) If the shelves were about a quarter of an inch wider, this would be a sturdy and decent product, and I can't believe they let this design flaw go through to production.
review image
0Comment22 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2012
Order came just in time. Assembly that was required was not difficult and doesn't take up much space. Nice product overall
on July 29, 2015
DO NOT GET THIS! Was missing a washer to assemble, once assembled the top half was so bent (2) shelves wouldn't even fit! Also the picture is misleading, regular DVD's and box sets WILL NOT FIT. Only the small Blu-Ray's will fit, unless you put the bar every 4th or 5th bar which cuts the storage in half.If I could give zero stars I would. Definitely returning look at the pictures to see how bent the top half was.
review image review image
on November 4, 2013
Easy to assemble. Holds a lot of CD's . Inexpensive. It's not fancy but for the price it serves the purpose well.
on January 14, 2014
I bought several other Atlantic media racks that are fine. This one leans. It seems like if you go near it CD's start jumping off especially from the higher parts. I would not recommend nor do I know were they get their count from on this unit.
on January 21, 2014
I needed something for a small space between a dresser and the wall, out of the way, it works perfectly.
on July 11, 2015
Well, I finally resolved the disorder and must say that looks awesome. I couldn't find the way to add more than 100 DVDs. I placed them horizontals but wasn't estable, they keep falling or stucking each other. For me vertically is better. Anyway, is an awesome solution, practical and, looks great too.
review image