4.0 out of 5 stars Great Bookshelf for DVDs
I recommend this product for anyone who wants a stylish way to display their DVD collection. Here are some of the more important things to know:
Published on June 26, 2012 by Unpaid Reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars OK product, great warranty service
Better than average imo for "made in China". Decent materials, OK instructions, but low manufacturing tolerances.
Two wood (particle board) parts would not fit together as they should have per the instruction sheet, but I swapped in another piece of the same type (same letter designation sticker) and it fit.
The metal rods at the corners are sturdy but somewhat...
Published on April 17, 2012 by Sledge

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Bookshelf for DVDs, June 26, 2012
This review is from: Atlantic 82635716 Typhoon 216 Media Spinner (Electronics)
- The stock picture is representative of what the actual product looks like. It's between three and four feet tall (so it comes up to about waist-level), and has four metal poles running through each side of the bookshelf.
- The bookshelf spins smoothly even when fully loaded.
- The product is inexpensive when compared to how much other bookshelves usually cost, but the materials are sturdy enough to support the weight of several dozen DVDs.
- The product is easy to assemble. The hardest part is probably trying to thread the poles through each rung of the bookshelf, but the overall assembly time is pretty quick.
- The shelves are just wide enough to accommodate a standard DVD case. If you have an unusually wide or weirdly shaped box (e.g., from a collector's edition), it probably won't fit.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK product, great warranty service, April 17, 2012
Sledge (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Atlantic 82635716 Typhoon 216 Media Spinner (Electronics)
The metal rods at the corners are sturdy but somewhat uneven in length. I had to loosen two of them to ease tension on the top panel, which had been bowing noticeably when they were all tightened flush.
Edit: on closer examination, the rods are two slightly different lengths, one for each type. The problem was in how deeply the panels were drilled for the threaded inserts that hold the outer (threaded) rods.

About the customer service: When I was assembling it, I found that one of the upright panels was defective, and to my surprise, when I called the 800 number on the instruction sheet for a new part, the people I spoke to were very helpful, and US-based. I got the new part in 3 days and was able to finish assembly. I got some use of it in the meantime by installing the bottom panel and base to the upper half, and using only the inner rods, to yield a functional half-size unit.

If I need more DVD storage in the future I may or may not get another one of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Unit, February 5, 2014
Chris O. (Saukville, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Atlantic 82635716 Typhoon 216 Media Spinner (Electronics)
I got one of these a couple years ago. A friend liked it so much he got one too. Both of us had a little bit of difficulty putting ours together. I actually used to travel around assembling display models for retailers, so I've got better than average experience putting these sorts of things together. I just got my second one of these (they make a very attractive pair). It went better and now I've got a few suggestions that should help with assembly:
1. If your mechanical aptitude is only kind of average, go ahead and recruit a second pair of hands to help hold things in place
2. Steps 1-4: Just go ahead and put together both sets of these right away, set one aside for later
3. Steps 6 & 9: Be careful not to over-tighten these - it shouldn't really be possible, but remember those screws are in plastic anchors
4. Prior to Step 11: Temporarily remove the board F that is farthest from the assembled end - it's just going to keep falling out until Step 13
5. Step 11: Instead of putting the rods together and trying to get them through all the holes, turn 4 of the couplers by hand into the threaded holes in board A, then thread the rods on half at a time
6. Step 13: Put board F back in before attaching the base board
7. Step 14: The rotating base can (mistakenly) be put together a few different ways. I think on both of mine the ball bearings ring was initially upside down - before you tighten the screw, make sure you've got the flat side of that ring contacting the base. It rotates much more easily that way.
8. Enjoy! It's a really attractive and versatile rack. Sturdy too! (If it isn't, you did something wrong)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for in a media storage system., March 13, 2012
Rae (Dumfries, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Atlantic 82635716 Typhoon 216 Media Spinner (Electronics)
This is the perfect media storage for my Blu-ray movies and DVD's. If only it was a little taller with two additional shelves. Happy with my purchase, considering buying a second one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Typhoon tower, August 13, 2012
This review is from: Atlantic 82635716 Typhoon 216 Media Spinner (Electronics)
This product was okay. But it is poorly made and it was hard to put together. The instructions made sense just the product kept falling apart when I kept putting it together. Defiantly a 2 person job. It is a great size though. I just hope that the manufactories re-look at the products before the send them off and check all the nail holes. I had to fix quite a bit myself which I was not looking forward to. When i did build it and got it done I was happy but when I put all my dvds in there it was LOP sided.. You have to make sure its all even on both sides of the stand. I may not get this product again but for now.. I am happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great value, November 6, 2014
This review is from: Atlantic 82635716 Typhoon 216 Media Spinner (Electronics)
These spinners are awesome. The first one was a pain to get together, but I got on a roll and the other three went together much easier. They are relatively sturdy, I have them PACKED with slim cases (around twice as many as it was built for) and they still spin freely. I do have to carefully spin them, I don't want to put too much stress on the unit. For the price, they're great. They look stylish, and get a lot of comments from guests. They are all really space efficient for small spaces. I have around 400 dvds, blu rays, and tv seasons per spinner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Storage Unit, November 13, 2012
Ordered this after browsing other media storage units online. Chose this one because it spins and seems to hold more dvds than most bookcases of similiar price. It was easy to put together and seems pretty sturdy. The only downside was the packaging was a bit messy; the unit came in stryrofoam which came apart everywhere when I was taking the various parts out. Overall, this unit is a great value for its price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Typhoon Media Tower, August 10, 2012
This review is from: Atlantic 82635716 Typhoon 216 Media Spinner (Electronics)
Excellent product with lots of room for every type of media. Does exactly as described. I have built two of these and both have been extremely easy to assemble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and functional, April 28, 2012
This review is from: Atlantic 82635716 Typhoon 216 Media Spinner (Electronics)
I have bought several of these media spinners and find them very easy to assemble. It is a great way to store many dvds in a small space and is very convenient. Very sturdy and is better than the much more expensive media spinners.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Tower!, August 31, 2012
P. Handley (Virginia, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Atlantic 82635716 Typhoon 216 Media Spinner (Electronics)
If you are looking for a Media tower that can hold anything from Movies, Games, to TV Season Sets then this is the item for you.

The finish looks very nice compaired to other items that look very cheap, and the metal bars just add that nice touch to this item.
I was even surprized that this fit my tv season sets, and had room above it for another dvd case!

Pros
1)Holds any media thrown at it.
2) Comes with spare parts.

Con
1) Semi-Hard to spin on carpet [But I was expecting that, and its more due to the weight of the movies]

This will serve you great for its purpose.

Atlantic 82635716 Typhoon 216 Media Spinner