4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Quality but on the small side
I was looking for a nice piece to go next to my flat-screen that could house my DVDs and games without looking kind of tacky. This cabinet is great for that because of it's stylish doors. The whole thing feels solid, even the magnets for the doors.

Published on January 5, 2012 by Cy

3.0 out of 5 stars Pay attention to details!
The picture is very deceiving! It shows 5 rows which appear to be dvd's, but actually you only get 4 rows. I do like the design of the unit, but it is very small. I bought it for my son's room, so it will suffice for now.
Published on January 18, 2012 by Dominique

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Quality but on the small side, January 5, 2012
This review is from: Atlantic 83035729 Venus 198 Media Cabinet P2 (Electronics)

My only complaint is you really need to pay attention to the dimensions and ignore the picture for this product. The picture doesn't give you any frame of reference (a TV next to it, or something like that), so it was really hard to picture if it would fit the space i had in mind for it. Long story short, it's much smaller than I pictured, and it looks a little dwarfed next to a 42-50 inch flat screen on a standard TV stand.

In the picture, that's 3 shelves of DVD/Blu-ray sized items and 2 shelves of CD sized items. You can only get 4 shelves of DVDs on there, at about 20-25 per shelf.

Overall a good product and any disappointment I have is really on me for not paying close enough attention to the dimensions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done, mostly., September 4, 2012
This review is from: Atlantic 83035729 Venus 198 Media Cabinet P2 (Electronics)
I actually bought this to store my paperbacks, because the stuff out there billed as "bookshelves" are way too deep for most of my books. Plus, having doors means less dusting shelves.

Pros:
+ No need to nail anything. The back board slides cleanly into the slots along the side boards.
+ Very slick handle-less doors. There's a spring/magnet mechanism that gets the doors open and you can play with it all day if that's your thing.
+ Oh, and I just love how the doors slide in. No hinges to deal with. None!
+ The shelf dividers (5 included) are a nice touch. They prevent stuff on unfilled shelves from falling over.

Cons:
- As the other reviewers have pointed out, if you're using it to store anything bigger than CDs, you will only be able to use 4 shelves (2 fixed, 2 adjustable) and be left with 2 adjustable shelves sitting around.
- Doesn't come with anything to fasten to the wall with. Granted, it's fairly small, so it's not that big of a risk during earthquakes, but would've been nice to have.
- The packaging it comes with leaves a lot of filmy-dusty things. I solved it by taking a vacuum cleaner to each individual piece, but it was still a bit annoying.
- The adjustable shelves are not flippable. There are little holes chipped out of one side for the shelf support pins. This would only be an issue if the shelves start to warp (unlikely if you only use it for CDs/DVDs) but should be pointed out anyway.
- Made in China. Can't be helped, but I still feel a bit guilty for not going to my local cabinetmaker.

The only other thing I should mention is that the shelves are only a little over 5" -- the 8.2" depth given by the manufacturer is actually the bottom base.

Conclusion: 5 stars if you're using it to store CDs; 4 stars otherwise.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pay attention to details!, January 18, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy assembly, variable shelving option, July 24, 2012
MurseJeff (Cape Coral, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Atlantic 83035729 Venus 198 Media Cabinet P2 (Electronics)
This shelving unit holds either CD's or DVD/Games. After a brief simple assembly and I loaded it up with my Xbox games, I had to dispose of an extra shelf and hardware, as this form factor uses more space. The curved cabinet doors close and open easily and look stylish, however, the dark wood tone color is much deeper than I thought and the cabinet (although, dimensions were disclosed before purchase) is only waist high. This product accomplished exactly what I needed to do, so I'm happy with it. It sits firmly on the floor and, although can be tipped front or backwards, seems very stable. I recommend this item and might even get another one to create a matching set and to hold all my media in a covered state.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great storage for your media, November 8, 2012
This review is from: Atlantic 83035729 Venus 198 Media Cabinet P2 (Electronics)
I bought this for storing my blu-rays and PS3 games. Putting it together was a breeze. All the pre drilled holes all lined up. It's exactly as I expected. People who complain it's smaller than expected must not have read the dimensions which are clearly stated in the description. For my setup I have 4 rows of shelves. I had 2 leftover shelves which would be used if I were using the unit in combination with storing cd's. I mounted it to the wall next to my TV. It does not come with mounting hardware but with a little know and how and ingenuity it is sturdy enough to do so. It's great to just walk up to it, press the door and it pops open, and grab a game or movie out of it. It was also a good price compared to other similar products I considered. I recommend it to anybody.

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than it seems, July 5, 2012
This review is from: Atlantic 83035729 Venus 198 Media Cabinet P2 (Electronics)
Product is smaller than it seems in pictures online. I was not able to use 2 of the shelving parts, limiting my DVD shelves to 4. Product is easy to install, but I felt more comfortable glueing the back unto the sides to have it hold better. I believe that to use all the parts would be better for CDs rather than DVDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Wanted, July 9, 2012
This review is from: Atlantic 83035729 Venus 198 Media Cabinet P2 (Electronics)
Needed additional DVD storage and this fits the bill. Very attractive and looks great in my living room. Smaller than what I expected, but still holds a good number of DVDs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Such a cute cabinet!, April 11, 2014
This review is from: Atlantic 83035729 Venus 198 Media Cabinet P2 (Electronics)
This media cabinet is absolutely adorable. It's smaller than I thought it was going to be, but holds exactly what I needed it to, so I'm pleased with it. The aesthetic of the thing, overall, is reason enough to buy it. The curved doors are pretty special and its a sturdy little guy. I'd recommend this to my friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easier said than done., April 5, 2014
This review is from: Atlantic 83035729 Venus 198 Media Cabinet P2 (Electronics)
While when this was together it is a good product, putting it together wasn't as easy as I had hoped. In the first stages it is hard to get all of the pieces to go together, so two people are needed for hold, adjusting, etc. Other than that (and how filthy it was, lots of dust from factory I assume) it was fairly easy to put together. It doesn't hold as much as it advertises, but that has been said other reviews too.

5.0 out of 5 stars slimmer but very stylish., March 7, 2014
This review is from: Atlantic 83035729 Venus 198 Media Cabinet P2 (Electronics)
Easy to put together, howrver it was a lot slimmer than I thought, but I still love it and it fits 4 rows of dvds/blurays/ps4 games.