on March 7, 2012
Verified Purchase
I've been looking for a cheap and effective way of condensing my anime collection. Yeah the art boxes look great but it eats up far too much shelf space. I bought these because the Discsox versions cost a bit much (25 for 23 dollars) plus I wanted to find something similar just to see how it'd look. Browsing around Amazon I stumble upon these. I would've preferred these Atlantic 74604729 Movie Sleeves but since those were out of stock, colored, why not?

I open it up and take it out and notice that the way it works isn't what I expected. Though, I'm not sure what I expected to be fair but I wasn't expecting 1 plastic sleeve to hold the DVD cover and another that holds the 2 discs that you slide into the sleeve with the DVD cover.

It works, sort of..

Folding the DVD cover along the lines that form naturally from the DVD case the cover doesn't want to easily slide into the sleeve. What I mean by this is folding the cover so you can see the spine as well as the cover art then trying to fit it into the sleeve. The sleeves don't really cooperate with you when it comes to sliding a flimsy little slip of paper in there and if it were just a centimeter or two longer it would've fit perfectly. Instead I end up having to create a fold just off of the crease from the DVD case. Not that big of a problem but there are some covers I just won't do this to (like the metallic ones or ones with foil printing) and heck if I have a DVD series with a booklet or a nice insert I'll just use that as the cover art instead.

It's the only reason these things aren't getting 5 stars. It takes me a minute or two to get that cover art into that stubborn little sleeve.

The 2 discs fit into its plastic sleeve with little effort and right into the bigger sleeve with even less effort.

Despite my minor problems with the covers I bought 2 of them and don't regret it. Hell, I even purchased Atlantic 96635585 Movie Bin + Sleeves for 72 Movies (Black) so I can store even more stuff.

If you're like me and looking for a great way to condense or minimize your DVD collection with out resorting to a big bulky binder. Go with these.
Update: 3/8/2012 After getting the clear ones that come with the bin and the clear sleeves. Get those instead instead, the plastic in the colored ones seems to want to cling to it's self, the clear ones are easier to work with and you don't need to fuss with getting the case into the larger sleeve at all. I like these, but the clear ones seem better made.
on September 19, 2013
Verified Purchase
I really wanted to like these because of the color, but I found them to problematic.
I had to force the disks into the sleeves and was worried I was going to break the disk.
Maybe I got a bad batch because no one else seemed to have this problem.
You will have to fold the cover art on the spine, so don't buy these if you want it in perfect condition.
I ended up ordering a different type and was more happy with them.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 27, 2013
Verified Purchase
I bought these to supplement the atlantic bin.

They are more solidly built then the original sleeves. Adding this pack to the bin, fills up the bin completly with about 10 extra sleeves. I think they the amount of storage you save will outweight any negative. The only issue is they are only plastic, so if your rough on your disc or take them in and out a lot I may be wary about it.

One thing I didn't realize is there are two sleeves. Once sleeves holds up to two disc, and one that is larger that can hold any artwork,binding and game manuals. The smaller disc sleeves then slides into the larger one, when has a folding flap on top.

For the outer video game covers, I just needed to fold along one of the binding crease. I didn't need to fold it down the center of the binding or trim off any of the sides.

I love this storage solution!!
on September 15, 2011
Verified Purchase
This product is exactly what I was looking for. The price was very reasonable and I am very satisfied with my purchase!
on March 18, 2014
Verified Purchase
love how you can slide cover in with dvds.. excellent storage space, and way to organize all those dvds. Alittle pricey, but worth it
on February 27, 2013
Verified Purchase
Very strong plastic and well made.
Strong enough they did not tear while I had my boys move all of their games to these.
The colors are ok for the games, but I do not like them for my movies.
For movies I will stick with the clear.
No issues and have had them for over a year.