5.0 out of 5 stars Great luggage
Published on August 23, 2011 by mydogrose

3.0 out of 5 stars NIce Enough
Published 14 months ago by 2 tense

5.0 out of 5 stars Great luggage, August 23, 2011
This review is from: Atlantic Luggage Ultra Lite 25 Inch Upright (Apparel)
This luggage is light as a feather and still is able to contain a lot of clothing, etc.. I was amazed at what can fit in this. Our last 25 inch luggage always weighed very close to 50 lbs at the airport. We weighed at 30 and 35 lbs with these. Of course, we took a little less stuff, but the bag itself is so light that we lost about 8 lbs on each bag just in luggage weight. It is not supposed to be expandable, but the outside pockets add a lot of room, much more than we expected. The bag appears to be durable and the color is very easy to spot at the airport. We were very pleased with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, July 23, 2012
Very light, and feels like a sturdy build. Will give it a more thorough test when I travel to Europe in a few months.

EDIT: This luggage felt surprisingly light, even when packed. Major improvement over our old one. It survived perfectly, being dragged through four airports, four baggage check-ins, and three hotels in Iceland, and through a trip to New Hampshire. Did perfectly fine being rolled down freezing windy night streets of Reykjavik, too. The wheels still feel very sturdy, and no visible damage after all our trips. All the handles are still on and well secured despite the many picking ups and tossings into car trunks, hotel beds, and airport luggage carriers. The handle on the bottom of the trunk makes it easier to pick up into the trunk, too.

3.0 out of 5 stars NIce Enough, May 18, 2013
2 tense (West TN United States) - See all my reviews
This suitcase is very lightweight and functional. It is a perfect size in that it almost makes it impossible to exceed the weight limits on checked luggage while still giving you plenty of room. My husband and I each took one for a 7 day trip and we had plenty of room for all our stuff and still came in under 50 lbs. This luggage makes this possible by dispensing with a lot of structural reinforcements. Basically it is just fabric stretched over a lightweight metal box frame. My husbands suitcase developed a slight tear the first flight. Also the extendable handle is rather flimsy. I feel that the quality of the luggage is about what you would expect for the price you pay. If you are looking for a lightweight, inexpensive suitcase that you will not be upset to throw away after a few uses, you will probably be satisfied. If you are looking for something that will last for years of heavy use, you should look elsewhere and expect to pay more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a Jet Setter, March 30, 2012
It's light so is perfect for someone who packs heavily. Personally, if I have the space, I'm going to fill it so that's my downfall when it comes to the 50 lb. limit for check-ins. Plus, it hate when I realize later I brought a bunch of unnecessary stuff with me that just becomes dead weight.

This is a great size to limit you to bringing the necessities but allows you the room to pack adequately. I plan to use this for a week trip and I look forward to being able to get around with it with ease. Comes with a 10 year warranty as well. The light weight and ample size make it a must buy for someone who travels often and with additional baggage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for 2-week trips, December 8, 2011
I just returned from Mexico and I couldn't have been more happy with my Atlantic upright. I thought I packed a lot, but there was still room. I never hit the 50 pound mark, even with purchases. Love this suitcase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Suitcase, October 7, 2011
I have not yet used this suitcase, but I am impressed with it as is. It is very lightweight and seems to be somewhat durable, but who knows. The wheels seem good, so that is encouraging. If this bag holds up, it will be perfect weight, size, and value for money. I will take this bag on a very rugged trip to China next month and will let you know how it did. My last China trip absolutely destroyed a Ricardo Mateo spinner with a lifetime guarantee on its virgin trip, which I barely got back to Macy's in order to get my money back which I did. I think this Atlantic case will do better, and at almost half the price.

By the way, the spinner thing is a dream on good surfaces, but if you are roughing it at all, or going up and down hills, it just doesn't work well.

UPDATE: I DID GO ON THIS RUGGED 6 WEEK TRIP IN THE MOUNTAINS OF SOUTHEASTERN CHINA AND THE SUIT CASE DID GREAT!! VERY LIGHTWEIGHT, AND HELD UP TO LOTS OF ABUSE. I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. IN FACT, I BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE IN CASE MY ORIGINAL DOES EVER FAIL ME, BUT IT SEEMS FINE. AMAZING FOR THE MONEY.

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable, December 24, 2011
We have found this luggage to hold up to airline abuse. My husband travels 80% of the year overseas travel and this suitcase handles the abuse the stays together for 1 1/2 years. It will last much longer with normal use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful luggage!, September 23, 2011
This review is from: Atlantic Luggage Ultra Lite 25 Inch Upright (Apparel)
I've only used this luggage a couple times, but so far so good:

- Great color
--------Stands out from all the black luggage
- Rolls smoothly
- Padded handles
- Lightweight
--------Used it on a 8-night summer vacation and it weighed 40 lbs.
--------Husband and I shared it on a 3-night trip to Vegas. With all of our belongings pack pretty fully, it weighed about 45 lbs.
- So far it has been very durable
- Plenty of room to pack everything I need

I really like this luggage and will probably buy a carry-on piece from Atlantic Luggage in the near future!

4.0 out of 5 stars Holds a lot., June 10, 2012
This bag arrived here in Japan before the scheduled date, that's good enough for many Stars. I'm a teacher and I have to carry all of my materials with me as I move around from room to room and school to school. Paper, books and all the rest are HEAVY. They all fit into this bag and it rolls, too. It's my policy to NOT give perfect scores, but I'd be forced to give this bag 4 Stars. I could wish for bigger softer rubber tires for moving around indoors and outdoors and higher skids on the back for stairs but all in all, a very good bargain.

1.0 out of 5 stars Handle won't retract, December 15, 2012
Fortunately I had returned from my trip... the handle is extended and will not retract. Atlantic won't honor the warranty, it was used for two weekend trips. A TOTAL waste of money. A brand to avoid. The price does not give you the quality it should.

Atlantic Luggage  Ultra Lite 25 Inch Upright