5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed
I needed a compact CD/Blu-ray storage cabinet that made the most of a limited amount of space, and I wanted it to look at least somewhat upscale. This cabinet is exactly what I needed.

Published on March 21, 2012 by A. Altman

3.0 out of 5 stars smaller than i thought, and cam parts don't hold it together
i just looked at the image quick... i thought everything on the shelves were dvd size, but they are mostly CDs in the picture. you'll only get 6 rows of DVDs.

Published on July 12, 2012 by M. D. K.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, March 21, 2012
A. Altman (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Atlantic Summit Media Cabinet 261CD/114DVD/132BluRay/Games Espresso (Electronics)

Surprisingly, there are very few wood CD cabinets available on the market anymore. Many of them are wire and just look silly. This looks like furniture, but it has the added benefit of being very space efficient.

Two important notes about this product:
(1) [EDIT:] It is espresso-colored. Amazon originally showed the wrong color in the product picture on this page, specifically the color of Atlantic 74735728 Oskar 261 Media Tower P2
(2) While this cabinet requires a significant amount of assembly, the parts and hardware are all labeled with stickers, to make it very easy to identify what parts the pictogram instructions are referring to. I've never seen this in build-it-yourself furniture, so I was very impressed. You'll need a screwdriver and hammer though...

Overall, extremely pleased - I stored well over 100 CDs and about 40 movies/games in this cabinet, and fit it behind my TV - amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, May 14, 2012
This is a great stand for my Bluray collection.It was easy to build,ofcourse with my wife's help lol.
it's not too big or small.It is perfect and cute.You can adjust the shelves according to your needs.Color is nice.stands well.Has good balance.
This is it for games,dvd's,Blurays or even for decoration with little things on the shelf.
Thanks!
10/10

3.0 out of 5 stars smaller than i thought, and cam parts don't hold it together, July 12, 2012

the parts that hold everything together do not lock well... or at all, really. i've put together lots of furniture with cam locks, but these just don't work. the weight of itself standing up seems to hold it together, but if you pull up on it from the middle, it will break into 3 different sections. if it tips at all, it will fall apart.

i'm keeping it... but it could have been much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loyal to Amazon, but found this Atlantic Summit Media Sauder Tower at Walmart for $28!, April 10, 2014
For many years now, most of my purchasing dollars have gone through Amazon. Trusted, loyal and faithful has Amazon earned those dollars. Still, I must be cost conscious. As my DVD and Blu-Ray collection has grown over the years, CD's too, we all know the value of these discs. To haphazardly keep these costly cased discs can become problematic to say the least. We cherish them and try to display them, but the few choices from limited companies can be just as costly. Most of us have found out the hard way, that some of said choices are brittle, short-term solutions. Certain ones have big price tags to boot!

Every now and then, a name brand comes along with a quality product that stands the test of time. With a relatively low price and sturdy craftsmanship. Hence the Sauder line. I have years of experience with DIY furniture from IKEA and the like. So to search this type out was a no-brainer. Here on Amazon, was a plethora of Media Storage Units of the DIY style. Some that were wall size and others that fit nooks. With the collection I posses, I required 2 small spacial spots with tower strength. Keeping in mind that SOME things just needed to be seen before purchasing. I read every review from each style Media Storage Unit. Compiled my notes and needed a decision, but wanted eyes on something tangible first.

Many consistencies within most reviews spoke of disproportionate size in actuality vs pictorial on the site. This was a serious point of contention for me. Size is my most crucial interest! I chose to go on the hunt. With notes hand and pics from Amazon, I searched. Many outlet stores offered little. The big box chains had their own brands they partnered with. I suggest you avoid Target like the Plague! The Units they offer were nothing more than a bridge-work-like thing. Horrible.

I walked into Walmart. Wow! I found this very make and model number! I had eyes on it, compared actual size, dimensions and weight. No fears of "crushed boxes in shipping" or "damaged product" via postal carrier. Better yet, there were 5 of these Storage Units available for me to pick from. I took the two I wanted. Figuring the cost in mind prior to the find, I was astonished when I saw the price label. $25 each! With tax, $28! Considering that the posted price here on Amazon is presently $50, my 2 Sauder Media Units cost me just over the price of only ONE here.

Don't get me wrong. I love Amazon and intend to continue to do plenty of business with them in the future. But I must consider keeping as much of my dollars in my wallet as possible. These babies were so simple to assemble. My 12 year old son helped me. He loves these kind of things. Together, it took us just under 1 hour to complete both Units. Fair to several reviewers, some of the shelves were a tight fit. Not enough to be hammered, but they did require a heavy handed blow to get in place.

To date, I have filled both Units from bottom to top, they stood well on BOTH hardwood floors AND carpets. Packaged with the parts items, is an "L" shaped bracket for bolting into the back of the Unit and a wall for a solid support in case one wants a more secure support for the Unit. While I experienced NO tipping or wobbling from either of my filled Units on the hardwood floor OR carpet, some have suggested they did. That "L" bracket is the perfect resolve for that problem. As well, I have not experienced any chipping or splitting of the pressed particle board the Unit is comprised of. I believe that problem is occurring from either manufacturing or improper customer construction. These Media Units, like most all other furniture products, IKEA or lesser quality, is a simple cut of pressed particle board. It needs to be handled with a light but firm touch. If this is done, most chipping and cracking can be avoided.

The cams and covers were easy enough to work with. Maybe a bit cumbersome, but no big deal. The pins and rubber sleeves worked in favor, but again, as the shelves were already a tight fit, the pins might not have been necessary. I filled each Media Unit with 160 Blu-Rays & DVD's. Each Unit holds 40 CD's. More than likely I will need a third Unit for my remaining and growing collection of movies. I have a few older CD Towers, so using these new Sauder's for CD's is redundant. Being so pleased with these Units, I went back to Walmart and purchased another 3! With my overwhelming collection of Blu-Ray's & DVD's, these next 3 will surely be filled in no time at all! Two of these Media Storage Units already sit on my bedroom carpet and proven to be sturdy and well supported with the heaviest DVD's on the lowest shelves. No need to be bolted into the wall. The large base is well enough designed to give proper balance to keep the Units from tipping or wobbling. Be sure to fill the Units with the heaviest, from the bottom-to-top, and you shouldn't have any problems. Treat them right, they will treat your items the same in return!

My point is plainly this friends. I can tell you this from a proven, true source. The Sauder Multimedia Storage Tower is sturdy, durable, stands solidly on BOTH carpet AND hardwood floors. A single Unit holds over 160 Blu-Rays and at least 150 DVD's. As far as CD's, I have not utilized my Units for that purpose so I cannot say. But I am entirely confident that my extremely expensive collection of movies can be beautifully displayed now, for a very long time! Through that confidence, I can tell you this, you will not be sorry with this product! Whether you purchase this here on Amazon or in Walmart for HALF the price, you can trust your collection of choice in this well crafted Media Unit! Sufficed to say, that each of my new Units holds thousands of dollars worth of Blu-Ray's and DVD's!
Hope I have enlightened, Jus B. Cuz

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, November 27, 2012
I've bought a lot of book shelves and was pleasantly surprised when I saw how nice this DVD/CD shelf looks and by it's quality. It will hold 6 rows of 20 DVDs or 12 rows of CDs. It is wobbly which should be expected with anything that is tall and narrow but it comes with anchors to anchor it to the wall. The back is made out of three thick sheets of particle board instead of thin cardboard like all the other things I've put together. The shelf is made out of particle board instead of real wood but the colored layer is very thick so you'd have to gouge it pretty deep to see the board color. Another thing I love is that each side is made out of 3 pieces instead of one long one so it's not broke during shipping and makes the shelf quite a bit more sturdy. I give it only 4 stars because as other users mentioned the cams aren't great. It was easy to put together. I did the screwing and hammering, my 2 year old put in the dowels, my 7 year old snapped the pieces together. I'd like to buy some more for my daughters schleich animal collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful: So satisfied we bought a second one and I plan on buying a third., November 18, 2012
It takes a little patience to put together, and it isn't a solid wood construction but we needed to get our DVDs off the apartment floor, looks great and it is well priced. I feel like we will need to be careful when we move but by that point it may not fit our needs anymore anyways.

As long as you have reasonable expectations I think you will be happy with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does it's job and looks nice doing it., November 27, 2012
tsktsktsk "tsk" (Staten Island, NY) - See all my reviews
I put this together to hold my blu ray collection so I wouldn't have to keep stacking them on the filled up DVD cabinets. The directions were easy to follow and I like how well it came together. I will be buying two more of these when I can so I can replace the two shorter cabinets next to this one because I could use the extra shelf provided and it would look real nice. The directions don't call for it but it wouldn't hurt to use wood glue in the peg holes. A hammer and a phillips screwdriver are needed to put this together.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, March 29, 2013
I bought two of these for my apartment. They hold all of my DVDs/BluRays. They were easy to assemble. They even come with brackets to secure to the wall. I give it only four stars because, I placed them in a location were I was not able to secure them to the wall and the base is not quite large enough to avoid my lab from wabbling them when he walks by them or whacks them with his tail. (It does not help that my apartment floors are not level either though). However, overall, I would recommend them, as they are functional, look nice, and were at a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars No competition for price and quality., October 3, 2014
Atlantic Summit Media Cabinet is one of a fewer good ones out there. I bought one to store a small collection of DVD's and PS3 & XBox games and it served its purpose. Even though it's made out of composite the texture and color looks just like real wood. It's a small shelf that can be attached to the wall or may stand on its own as long as it is against the wall. Because it's small it's not as affix to the floor as you would think but it's kind of expected. I bought the second one just recently and it compliments the first one side by side of my entertainment system. Shelf's are adjustable to any height and configuration of your media collection. Assembly is amazingly simple and it doesn't take much time. The shipping is prompt and well packaged. Anyone considering this media cabinet against others for a small collection of media and the price it's sold for should definitely get it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just absolutely awful, September 10, 2013
So, I bought this from Best Buy. When I got home to put it together, I was shocked at how thin the pieces were. Upon trying to put this super flimsy piece of crap together, the cams broke, one even poked through the other side of the wood it was placed into. When I tried tapping one of the pieces against my hand lightly to get one of the cams out, the whole piece just snapped into two. This thing is awful. I've put together a lot of furniture over the years and this easily took the cake as being the absolute worst thing I have ever attempted to build. Do yourself a favor and stay FAR away from this crap.