From the Manufacturer
Atlantic Technology Delivers Lifelike Surround Performance
The IWTS-30 SR in-wall surround speakers deliver spacious, enveloping surround effects for top-grade home theater systems. It features two angled banks of drivers facing front and rear that fill the listening area with the three-dimensional ambient sound essential for convincing, lifelike theater sound. Also, because of its exceptional output capability, the IWTS-30 SR is THX Ultra-certified, a testimony to its outstanding performance and its suitability to being used in the very finest systems.
The Atlantic Technology IWTS-30 SR is Sound Redefined You Can't See it, but You're Surrounded!
| | The IWTS-30 SR features
switchable Dipole/Bipole operation
The IWTS-30 SR is called a surround speaker because that's what it does. It surrounds you with the environmental sounds of the scene taking place on the screen. No matter whether in Dolby Surround®, Dolby Digital®, DTS®, or any other format, the surround speakers are there to deliver non-localizable environmental sonic cues. These horizontally-mounted speakers offer a unique combination of benefits. They deliver true Dipole surround performance, and yet, thanks to it minimum footprint design, fit easily into a standard 2 x 4 studded wall! Each speaker consists of two sets of matched drivers --in essence, two speaker systems. In Dipole mode these two systems operate "out of phase" with each other. The speaker's sound radiation pattern is similar to an infinity symbol, sweeping along the wall to each side. There's a distinct null or "dead zone" centered directly in front of the speaker which is in turn centered on the seating area. When properly placed and balanced, this creates a large, diffuse, non-localizable, and enveloping sound field that draws you into the action. Should you have an installation in which Dipole operation might be less than optimal, the speakers can easily be switched to Bipole operation. THX Ultra Certified
THX is a series of standards and technologies originally developed by Lucas Film Ltd. (of Star Wars fame) and now an entity unto itself. These technologies and standards are intended to ensure that what you hear and see on your A/V system, as closely as possible, matches what the director/artist/engineer heard and saw during the final mixing of the source material. THX standards are intended to enhance every type of viewing and listening experience including the latest discrete multi-channel digital formats. Ease of Installation
The IWTS-30 SR utilizes the familiar dog-leg mounting procedure for quick, efficient installation. They are sized to fit within standard 16"-on-center, 2 x 4 stud construction, without the need for any special modifications. Technical Highlights
- The IWTS-30 SR is a Frequency Enhanced Dipole. It operates as a Monopole from 200Hz down, thereby eliminating the Dipole's tendency to cancel its own bass output. It is a true-wide range speaker, fully capable of taking advantage of the latest Digital multi-channel formats. A front mounted switch toggles between Bipole and Dipole mode.
- They fit in standard "two by four", sixteen inch on-center wall construction
- Both speakers feature computer-optimized 18dB/octave crossovers with air core inductors.
- Input connections are made with gold plated, heavy duty spring loaded terminals that will accept up to 8 gauge wire, banana plugs, or connector pins.
- Paint shields are supplied making them easy to paint to match the surrounding wall surface
Optional Accessories for the IWTS-30 SR Surround Speaker
- The Atlantic Technology IN-NC-14/30 SR is the optional new construction bracket for the IWTS-30 SR speaker.
| | Take the IWTS-30 SR speaker video tour
- Dual 5-1/4" GLH midranges w/Butyl rubber surrounds.
- Dual 1" soft dome tweeters w/neodymium magnet and ferrofluid cooling
- Configuration: Switchable Dipole or Bipole array
- Frequency Response: 80Hz - 20kHz +/-3dB
- Sensitivity: 87dB, 1 watt, 1 meter
- Impedance: 6 Ohms
- Crossover point(s): 3500 Hz
- Recommended power: 25-150 Watts RMS
- Overall Dimensions (H x W x D): 12-1/8" x 15-5/8" x 3-3/4"
- Cutout dimensions (H x W): 10-3/4" x 14-1/4"
- Weight (ea): 9 lbs
IWTS-30SR-P In-Wall THX Ultra2 Surround Speaker