4.0 out of 5 stars Gets me where I need to go.
Published on January 28, 2012 by Vensez

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent board but not top tier
This is my first longboard. I honestly think that it is great for beginners, it's a drop deck so it is more stable, good for getting your balance in check. Here is a list of pros and cons that it has though:
Pros:
- the design eliminates all possibility of wheel bite
- the abec 9 bearings are actually pretty decent
- very stable
- looks pretty...
Published 14 months ago by John

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets me where I need to go., January 28, 2012
This review is from: Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch) (Sports)
I bought this to transit from my dorms to the different sites on campus where I have my classes at. This was my first ever board, so I used this one to learn. It took me about 2 hours to get a hang of my balance and within a few days I was riding around as if I've been doing it for years. After enough research and experience, I'm starting to notice the good things and bad things about this board. As for the good things, it gets a LOT of good comments from people who walk by me. Everyone says "whoah where did you get that board" or "nice board man" and basically everything I've heard from others have been positive, and looking good is part of the appeal for sure. Another good thing is the deck is very sturdy and is unlikely to ever break, even during a nuclear holocaust. The drop deck is also very good for beginners because it keeps you just a bit more balanced and encourages good foot placement. However, it's not without it's faults. At first it was an amazing board but now that I've had it for about 6 months, I'm noticing the shortcomings of it. It is extremely "not smooth" and I can literally "feel" the bearings roll, and it's keeping the board from rolling with ample speed and endurance. The wood, though strong, is brittle, and is chipping away on the edges. The grip tape that came attached onto it is AWFUL, and literally crusted off of it bit by bit, as if the tape was made of spray-on grip. The grip lasted roughly three months before smooth sections were prevalent in the areas where I kept my feet. The wheels are of good quality, but the bearings should be upgraded ASAP. The pivot cups should also be greased or lubed in some way because there was an awful screeching sound whenever I leaned to make turns. After some industrial grease, no more screeching. The bushings are extremely cheap too but shouldn't be a factor in the performance of the board unless I just haven't experienced difficulties with them yet. Overall, this is an excellent beginner board and an excellent hobby board, but after about 6 months, you'll be ready for something new. Also, the drop deck, though handy, is starting to get kind of annoying because of the grooves in the board. I suggest going with a flat board unless you absolutely want to keep the drop deck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Board for a Great Price!, February 12, 2013
This review is from: Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch) (Sports)
Okay, if you are looking at longboards, this is the one to get!! I used to have a Sector 9... until it got stolen. So after doing some research on the net, I came across this board on Amazon. I had never heard of "Atom Boards" but thought what the heck, if I didn't like it I could send it back or sell it. Came in 2 days with the Prime shipping option, beautifully packed and no set-up at all; ready to ride!

You really cannot beat this price for this quality. The board is made beautifully, definitely right on point with a Sector 9. But for half the price, what is there to think about.

Not only all this, but if you are looking at longboards, the drop deck is the way to go. It's pretty much like surfing, you can carve hard and it's lower, making pushing much easier. I repeat, get a drop-deck if you are looking at longboards.

So to conclude... GET THIS BOARD if you're looking for a longboard. I rest my case; hope this helps.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent board but not top tier, May 12, 2013
This review is from: Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch) (Sports)
Pros:
- the design eliminates all possibility of wheel bite
- the abec 9 bearings are actually pretty decent
- very stable
- looks pretty cool (I get a lot of compliments for it)
- symmetrical, unlike pintails, it really doesn't matter which side is forward
- good for cruising
Neutral:
- the wheels. This board will come with 78a wheels. That is the softest wheel I have yet to see for a longboard, so you can forget about sliding (I have been able to, but it is usually pretty unstable). They are however really good for carving/turning/cruising. So if you want this to be good for downhill, speed, or transportation, the wheels will be fine. If you want to do slides or freeriding, then get harder wheels.
Cons:
- I don't know if this happens to everyone, but my axles bent after a couple times riding. It is only slight, but if the board is resting on the ground, then only half of the wheel will be in contact with the ground, and you can easily see the bend if you hold a ruler along the bottoms of the wheels.
- it makes awful squeaking sounds when turning, probably just needs grease on the trucks
- The design puts the deck at perfect height to get banged on curbs. I wiped out a few times and my board rolled into a curb and chipped the wood a bit
- although the drop deck design gives more stability, it takes away from the turning radius (less leverage)

So in conclusion, this is a good board if it is your first board, it really helped me get a feel for the speed and motion of longboarding, and it gets me from A to B, but if you get good, plan on upgrading your wheels, trucks, and maybe bearings, or just getting a new board all together, because after you get some experience under your belt you'll start to really notice the short comings, and you'll want something better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready to go, July 21, 2012
This review is from: Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch) (Sports)
This board came to me ready, I took it out right when it came, they might send it in your backyard or garage if it is shipped by the UPS. No adjustments were needed to it for me, but if you do need adjustments it is fully adjustable like all longboards are. I was suggesting to get this board or the Atom drop through, but I chose this one and I think it was a great choice because it is sturdy and handles well. This board has a ton more stability than the drop through making it a great board for downhill carving or just to be safe, but I wouldn't go too fast like about 20 or 30 mph because the board starts to swerve and you will loose your balance and fall off, but I am somewhat new at longboarding, like about 6 months or so. I thought this board would be scraping the bottom but it doesn't, the deck has 4 inches off the ground and 5 inches off the ground where the wheels are (the front and back) and the width of the board it 9.5 inches. I also like the design of the board too everyone looks at me and says "sweet board can I ride it?" I usually don't respond unless it's my friends or so. So I would defiantly recommend this board to anyone new at longboarding or just to have around. I would say this board is amazing and has a great value. If your suggesting this get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars this thing is a beast!!!, September 23, 2013
This review is from: Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch) (Sports)
First off I just want to say I LOVE THIS LONGBOARD!!!

Being new to longboarding, I wasn't sure which brand to get. My friends were saying to get a Sector 9 longboard but I soon found out that the price was way beyond my budget. So I looked on amazon to see if i could get one for under $150 and found this one so I said, okay lets try this one. When it arrived, it came well packaged, fully assembled and the graphics were flawless. I took it outside right away for a spin and fell in love with it right away!

The board overall is very well constructed, the bearings are very smooth, and the drop deck gives you full control.

So if you looking for a good quality board for a good price I would highly recommend this board.

(Only bad thing about this board is that everyone wants to try it!) =)

5.0 out of 5 stars Longboard, October 21, 2013
This review is from: Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch) (Sports)
Is a great longboard. i will definitely consider buying from the Atom brand again when i choose to get a new longboard. they are sturdy and reliable and great on hills.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!, July 11, 2013
This review is from: Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch) (Sports)
Alright, listen up I don't what the people with the one star rating are talking about this board is great it came in two days and it rides extremely smooth. I've had it for 3 months now and I ride it every day the grip tape hasn't peeled this is an amazing board with an amazing price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Beginning Board, March 12, 2014
This review is from: Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch) (Sports)
If you have been riding for a while, drop the rating one star.

But if you are like I was when I bought this board - just getting started with some moderate downhill boarding - this is the perfect ride! I've been riding for the past several months and haven't had to replace a thing. The wheels are centered which means that when they start to "cone" you simply flip them around and keep riding. Since getting started I've learned to do small slides for speed checking and while the wheels are a little grippy for this, they still get the job done.

The deck is solid and I have only had minor tears and creasing in the grip tape from the months I have been riding it EVERYDAY (literally)! The bearings and spacers are surprisingly good. I loosened the nuts on the wheels just a smidge and it rolls beautifully (they over-tighten them in manufacturing). Trucks... I haven't even noticed them besides the good turning radius - which is, in my opinion, the way trucks are supposed to be. Nothing flashy, but hold me up and roll just fine (I weigh a little over 200lbs)

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING BOARD!!!!!, November 10, 2013
This review is from: Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch) (Sports)
I love this board it is amazing! If you are just beginning get it. It is very balanced, stable and easy to ride I use it all the time. I hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars love the longboard, September 15, 2013
This review is from: Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch) (Sports)
was for my 12 yr old son, and he LOVES it!!!! He said it was "sick" and he would love another for when friends are here!!

Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch)
$109.95 $98.99