5.0 out of 5 stars Very different.
Published 7 months ago by Kirsten

2.0 out of 5 stars Adolescent Angst--French Style
If you like the French's style of film-making watch this, but if not, run away. This film has no plot line, but it's beautiful to look at and the dialogue is very poetic.
Published 8 months ago by Lucky Rob

2.0 out of 5 stars Adolescent Angst--French Style, May 17, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Very different., June 8, 2014
This review is from: Atomic Age (Amazon Instant Video)
You have to be in the right mindset for this movie. It's strange. Somber. But I found it interesting. Dark and engrossing with a subtle buildup that turns deliberately anticlimactic, and it works perfectly for what I think the message of this film is. Unrequited feelings, insignificance, and a constant disappointment with the world sucks. And it's not easy to explain to others, and even harder to understand it yourself.

If I were being completely honest I would have rated this 4 stars, but the other reviews are too harsh. Watch this only if you're going into it with the mindset of observing everything that happens, not understanding perfectly. I think the story is partly supposed to be what our own imagination creates for what we don’t see.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good acting and a poetic sensibility make this worthwhile., November 20, 2014
This review is from: Atomic Age (Amazon Instant Video)
Good acting and a poetic sensibility make this worthwhile. It is in French, with English subtitles. I don't think it is meant to be realistic, but this doesn't mean it is not emotionally true. It's atmosphere is closer to that of a 19th-century short story than to present-day film, but that shouldn't stop anyone who wants to watch something thoughtful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Where's the plot???, December 26, 2014
Made absolutely no sense to me.

1.0 out of 5 stars a night episode, June 15, 2014
This review is from: Atomic Age (Amazon Instant Video)
Too dark literally and figuratively I kept hoping it would get better. There seemed little hope for a better life.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just simply Bad, April 29, 2014
This review is from: Atomic Age (Amazon Instant Video)
Nothing about this movie IMHO related to the gay lifestyle and I was confused from the start on that issue alone. If you like movies about drugs well this would be for you. Just a sad thing to watch from start to finish. I mean I thought it was finished. I know I was finished wasting my time. BTW why is s*** like this put on as a video on demand but yet other movies that are good and have been out of years not a part of this site? What is the deal? If you are worried about torrent sites well I don't have time for sites like that and I just want to see a nice gay movie where it has a happy ending. Not a hard concept to grasp.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time., October 7, 2013
This review is from: Atomic Age (DVD)
Sorry excuse for a film. It is filmed in darkness. Hard to see much of picture. I am not sure what the plot was.

Atomic Age
Atomic Age by Héléna Klotz (DVD - 2013)
$19.99 $7.00