5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great after other products failed - Happy Camper!
The short review is that this product worked great on a needy tent. I tested it in a controlled environment (my yard) and in the field with a moderate rain storm with absolute success. For a more extensive (wordy) review keep reading:

Published on September 25, 2010 by Mark G

3.0 out of 5 stars Use on Horse Blankets
I have been using this product for several years to waterproof horse blankets and have found it to be effective and long lasting.

Update - After use on horse blankets throughout the mid-Atlantic states winter they are no longer water repellant. Horses are turned out during the day. Puzzling since product has been longer lasting in the past.
Published 13 months ago by Selective Shopper

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great after other products failed - Happy Camper!, September 25, 2010
This review is from: Atsko Silicone Water-Guard 10.5 oz (Sports)

I'm an avid outdoorsman and needed to treat my tent for an upcoming adventure. I started with products that I had on hand Scotch Guard (SG) and Kiwi Camp Dry (KCD). The Scotch Guard proved to be worthless for my application and the KCD held promise under my controlled testing. I quickly discovered that it takes a lot more product than I expected to treat my whole tent so I starting running to my local big box stores to try to find KCD. I stumbled across the Sno Seal Silicone Water Guard (SWG) and reluctantly decided to try it. The results were clear. Where I had treaded with SG there was no water repellency in spite of what the label and the picture on the can stated. The KCD beaded up but over a period of 20 minutes the water started to absorb into the fabric. The areas of double treatment with KCD did much better but the water droplets still absorbed into the fabric eventually. Where I had single treated with Sno Seal Silicone Water Guard (SWG) the fabric beaded up and stayed beaded up until the sun evaporated the water droplets. I was very impressed and treated the whole tent with the (SWG). I have since field tested the tent at an elevation of over 13,000 feet and experienced a moderate rain. My previously leaky tent held out the rain. I am now on a mission to understand this product and others and to do a more extensive review for my son's website [...]. I have discovered that the market is overloaded with this kind of product (mostly at higher prices) so doing an extensive review is a bit overwhelming. One final note, I don't recommend this product for fabric that is going to get washed such as a jacket. For this application the company has a product called Water-Guard Permanent Water and Stain Repellent. I now own this product as well and hope to do a review of it and others soon. Watch for it on [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap waterproofing, January 9, 2011
This review is from: Atsko Silicone Water-Guard 10.5 oz (Sports)
Not sure what everyone is doing to make this stuff not work. I owned a Jeep and used to spray this stuff on my cloth seats in case of rain. Without this spray the seats would soak up the water literally like a sponge and be wet for days. With this stuff sprayed on, the water would actually pool up on my seats for hours until I could splash it all off with my hands. Then I'd give the seat a quick wipe with a towel or my shirt sleeve and I could drive home with a dry butt.

If this stuff can waterproof a cloth car seat, something must be going wrong for the other users who rated it poorly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Silicone water-proofing, December 17, 2007
George A. Leduc (Burlington, Vermont) - See all my reviews
Very good product. Reasonably priced,fast delivery. Easy to apply.
Recommend outdoor application due to overspray and dripping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, February 2, 2012
This review is from: Atsko Silicone Water-Guard 10.5 oz (Sports)
Sprayed boots and was still not sure it would really work. Got caught in the snow and not only did my black suede boots not wet through, they also didn't stain. Great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works!, October 4, 2011
This review is from: Atsko Silicone Water-Guard 10.5 oz (Sports)
Bought a cotton canvas backpack because it was the perfect size and style for my needs but forgot to make sure it was waterproof. Our trip will be 75% outdoors with lots of walking so this feature was a must. Thought I would try the silicone water guard thinking i had nothing to lose. It sprays on very easily and it's easy to reach all the nooks and crannies of a backpack. You need to allow it the cure for 48 hours. To make sure I didn't get caught in a rainstorm and find out it didn't work, I sprayed it with the hose! The water beaded up and rolled off without any penetration anywhere. I was very liberal with the application and really concentrated on the seams, bottom, and the side that will be out when wearing it. There is planty of spray in one can and have lots left for other applications. I was so excited b/c I can actually use the backpack that is the perfect one now for the trip.

4.0 out of 5 stars Deck Umbrella, August 2, 2011
This review is from: Atsko Silicone Water-Guard 10.5 oz (Sports)
I used two cans to waterproof my deck umbrella. It is now water resistant not waterproof. It will keep my table and guest's dry in a light rain but not during a heavy downpour which is fine as we would not want to stay out in a downpour anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars top notch water proofer, September 11, 2013
This review is from: Atsko Silicone Water-Guard 10.5 oz (Sports)
this is great waterprofer,i have used it on suede,cotton,canvas,tents,it lasts a long time. after it dryes it has no unpleasant smell

5.0 out of 5 stars Works!, April 27, 2013
This review is from: Atsko Silicone Water-Guard 10.5 oz (Sports)
This stuff stinks when you apply, so do it outside. It works though so it is worth it. I have used it on many things including a $300 leather jacket. No stains, no worries. I'm on my third can. Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great on motorcycle cover., September 8, 2013
Tim (Michigan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Atsko Silicone Water-Guard 10.5 oz (Sports)
I use this stuff on my motorcycle cover. It is by far the best product I have found so far, and it costs about the same as other products.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, October 14, 2013
This review is from: Atsko Silicone Water-Guard 10.5 oz (Sports)
perfect for wintertime riding horses in oregon/pacific northwest , works on horse blankets fantasticly, wet weather is 6months out here and its brutal sometime so water repellant is the thing for oregonians

Atsko Silicone Water-Guard 10.5 oz