5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Oscar
I am truly awed by this monumental piece of work. It smacks of something Shakespeare or Ed Woods would have given breath to. I will probably buy multiple copies of this movie and give them to my Democrat friends at Christmas. Please buy this movie and offer to pay the cashier twice the labeled price. You can't go wrong.
Published on August 4, 2007 by Samuel M. Britton

1.0 out of 5 stars To think that this guy used to be one of my heroes!
Published on December 30, 2006 by Wayne C. Rogers

1.0 out of 5 stars To think that this guy used to be one of my heroes!, December 30, 2006
Wayne C. Rogers (Las Vegas, Nevada United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Attack Force (DVD)
Like many of the other reviewers here, I've been a fan of Steven Seagal's since Above the Law came out in the late 80's. I've enjoyed most of his American made films right up to Half Past Dead and Exit Wounds. When Seagal severed his relationship with long-time production partner, Jules Nasso, and then Warner Brothers ended its relationship with our martial arts hero, the quality of Seagal's movies went downhill rather quickly as did his salary. He dropped from making sixteen million a movie to a little over two million a picture. In other words, to keep up his high standards of living, he now has to do four-to-five movies a year just to equal what he used to make on one Warner Brothers' picture. Part of this is due to the increase in age (he's now 55) and weight (at least eighty-to-a-hundred pounds overweight for his height of 6' 4") and his inability to do the fighting scenes that made him famous almost twenty years ago. Add all of the above to bad directing, terrible scripts, and poor photography, and you have an actor who's barely hanging on to his career. I have to also say that Seagal isn't the only actor who's had to resort to making films almost entirely in Europe. Wesley Snipes has found himself in the same boat (though he could be avoiding the IRS) and so has Sylvester Stallone (Sly, however, is making a comeback with Rocky Balboa and a fourth "Rambo" film due out this summer). And, like many of the other people who've reviewed Attack Force, I, too, keep hoping for a really good "Seagal" film that will display his talents as they used to be in his earlier movies. Unfortunately, unlike the other reviewers, I didn't just buy Attack Force, I also purchased Today You Die at the same time. I should've read the reviews first, but I didn't, and now I'm stuck with two clunkers. Stupid me!!!

Attack Force has Steven Seagal playing Marshall Lawson, the commander of a strike-force team, somewhat like Delta Force. At the beginning of the movie, Lawson's team is almost completely wiped out at a night meeting. Then, a little later, three of his remaining soldiers are murdered in their hotel room by a psycho bitch high on a new type of drug that has turned her into a killing machine with abnormal strength and reflexes, not to mention a strange pupil dilation that causes her eyes to look like those of a werewolf. Now, as it turns out, this new drug is being developed by the United States to create a superior fighting soldier. Because of Lawson's involvement due to the death of his men, certain members of the government decide to have him eliminated so that the cat isn't let out of the bag, but it's now too late. More people have been infected with the drug than first realized and the government has to put them down before a mass epidemic of murder starts taking place in the French countryside. Lawson is the only man who can do it, so he's chosen to lead a new strike force. I think this kind of sums up the plot. I'm not entirely sure because I was somewhat confused throughout the movie. I didn't always know who the good guys were and who the bad guys were. Example: Was the French detective a good or bad guy? I don't know. I suspect that this was a plot device designed to keep the viewer on his toes so that he wouldn't fall asleep due to movie-induced boredom. .

I'm now trying to think of something good to say about the movie, but nothing comes to mind except that the women in the film looked beautiful and deadly. Steven Seagal likes to surround himself with beautiful women in his movies, and I don't blame him. After all, he was one of the producers on this film. I wonder if he pulled another "Jenny McCarthy" with them and made each potential female star take off her blouse so that he could check out her talent as an actress. Oh, here's the big standout about the movie. Mr. Seagal's voice was dubbed over dozens of times during the film. Like one of the other critics, I originally thought something was wrong with my DVD and checked the "Language" section on the menu. Nothing wrong there. The only thing I can think of is that after the movie was completed, the director discovered that Seagal's voice didn't come through in every scene and so it had to be dubbed in certain places. Also, because the drug-induced villains moved so fast and looked so strange, I thought at first that maybe Attack Force was a horror movie. I mean a French undercover cop would be faced with a killer-crazed woman with weird eyes. He'd turn around to run away and then she'd be standing in that direction, waiting for him. I don't know of any drug that can make a person move with the speed of light. Not only could these people move fast, but they also had super human strength. They could knock a person through three walls instead of just one. That's one hard punch. Even Bruce Lee couldn't do that! I guess the victims had super human strength, too, because they'd get right back up and try to defend themselves against these killing machines. If I got knocked through three walls, I'd still be lying there unconscious, or else I'd play like I was unconscious so I wouldn't get killed. The movie was filmed almost entirely at night, which made the action extremely hard to follow. Maybe that was for the best. Steven Seagal does very little fighting in the movie till the very end and then it's against a beautiful babe in leather shorts. I wish I could make a living doing that! By the way, at the end when the new strike force goes after these voracious killers, each member is picked off one by one just like in the usual "teen-murder" flicks. Rather than sticking close together, the strike force makes the mistake of letting each other out of sight for a few moments, thereby enabling the enemy to kill them. The only one who acts with any common sense is Seagal's sidekick, Na-boo, who stays glued to him like a new wife, while keeping a sharp eye out for anyone trying to sneak up behind them. That was kind of funny to watch. I guess this is the best that we can now expect from Steven Seagal. He'll be sixty in a few years and doing wine commercials like the late Orson Wells. I certainly don't anticipate his future movies getting any better. I feel like everyone else in that I should've rented this film, instead of buying the damn thing. Of course, I bought two clunkers, instead of one, so I've really learned my lesson this time around. I'm now marking Steven Seagal (7th Degree Black Belt in Aikido, guitar player, director, producer, writer, former Tibetan monk in a previous lifetime, former husband of Kelly Le Brock, former C.I.A. operative, and who knows what else) off of my to-buy list. Tomo aregato, Sensei Seagal.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, March 24, 2007
What can I say?

I would've been disappointed if I'd only rented this DVD, let alone bought it. Like the other reviewers, i too have been a seagal fan since Above the Law. His movies have been going down hill recently - but there have at least been some saving qualities amongst them! Attack force is pure unadulterated insidious crap. If you haven't stuck cutlery (or any convenient household utensil) into your ears by the half way point, there's something wrong with you. The voice dubbing is pathetic. A female voice with an indian accent would sound closer to Mr Seagal's own voice than the gravelly whisp that emanated from his mouth for most of the dialogue.

Maybe that's the movie's saving grace: you can't turn away - if you do, you won't know who's talking!

1.0 out of 5 stars THEY ALSO SERVE..., June 17, 2007
This review is from: Attack Force (DVD)
I have nothing to add to the other one-star reviews of this bad movie, except perhaps to emphasize the incomplete and inadequate ending, but I found it interesting that, if you watch the credits to the end, you get some idea of the kind of help a wealthy man gets when making a movie. For in the credits (which seem to include most of the population of Bucharest), you can learn the names of (1) "Mr. Seagal's Stunt Double", (2) "Mr. Seagal's Photo Double", (3) the provider of the "Wardrobe for Mr. Seagal", (4) "Mr. Seagal's Make-Up Artist", (5) the "Executive Assistant to Mr. Seagal", and (6) the "Driver of Mr. Seagal's Trailer".
Further, you can even learn the provider of "Mr. Seagal's Trailer" (Translux International Ltd.).

The mystery is that, among all the members of Mr. Seagal's entourage, we are not told who is "Mr. Seagal's Voice". At least I didn't see that.

A bit more work along these lines and Mr. Seagal may discover how to make a film with no personal presence at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst movie ever...voice sounds like he has cancer!, January 12, 2007
This review is from: Attack Force (DVD)
This was the worst Seagal movie ever made...It was confusing, dark, stupid plot and they made his voice sound like the Marlboro man with cancer. I used to love his movies but if this is the stuff he is now making he is all washed up. He fights like a old man in the movie too...DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY...Too Bad...he used to be great!

1.0 out of 5 stars A poorly done movie, not worthy of Seagal, February 13, 2007
This review is from: Attack Force (DVD)
I've been a longtime fan of Seagal's movies, but I was greatly disappointed by this film. First, there were clearly sections where Steven Seagal's voice was done by a different actor who sounds nothing like him. (Clearly done when the film was cut together after the main filming) It was surprising that they could not take the time to get Seagal to do the vocal tracks for those sections. There were also very few action sequences that demonstrated Seagal's skills with martial arts. In many ways, this film was more of a slasher flick than an action film. Little action, but lots of bloody corpses lying about. I enjoyed Black Dawn far more, and feel it was a much better made film.

1.0 out of 5 stars This movie was actually painful to watch, May 2, 2007
This review is from: Attack Force (DVD)
I was watching this movie and became so baffled by how horrible it was that I did a little internet research. Apparently they filmed the vast majority of the movie and then changed the plot. It was supposed to be a movie about aliens and about the Russian Mafia and about a military conspiracy, etc. Then after filming they tried to concoct a new stroy through editing.

One of the most disconcerting aspect of the movie is that they dubbed over Segal's voice for about 1/3 of the movie. The voice they used is not even remotely close to Segal's voice. So I was totally confused. Why was he talking like that? Was it him talking? Who was talking? Gaaah! Absolutely maddening.

I'm not going to take the time to give a thorough review. I know that others have already done that. I just came on here to make sure I added my "1 star" rating in the hopes of saving some poor soul from watching this film.

I just want to add one last thing. Several others have said it and you might think they speak in jest. But I'm telling you seriously, that movie was actually painful to watch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Steven, PLEASE!, January 10, 2007
This review is from: Attack Force (DVD)
I have to agree with the rest. When I first heard the dubbing, I thought something was wrong with the DVD big time. Still blows me away a dude that produced his own movie would dub his own voice. That's a new one for me and completely screwball. I still like the guy but after watching this movie (yeah I actually watched the whole thing), I'm beginning to wonder why. He used to kick butt, now he's just kicking our butt by taking our money. Seems he has resorted to completely ripping off his fans with this garbage film. This demonstrates to me where we rank in his favorites list. Someone should take him aside and ask him what the hell is he doing. I know the guy is still capable of making a good movie. He needs to be directed by someone why knows how to show his strengths and get rid of his weaknesses. When he moves slow and deliberate (especially is his fight scenes), he looks good and cool. When he moves too fast and shows too much emotion, he just plain sucks. C'mon Steven, you can do better than this!

1.0 out of 5 stars #1 Worst Segal movie Ever, December 13, 2006
This review is from: Attack Force (DVD)
As someone else has said, "Too bad there isn't a rating less than 1 star".

It's pretty bad when Segal is too self important or lazy (take your pick) to do the post edit audio dubs that are needed. To make it worse, they used at least 3 different voices for the voice overs.

I've been a Segal fan for years, but this is the last one of his films that I will waste my time watching. I'm just glad that I chose to rent it instead of buying it.

Overall, the whole movie is awful. From the bad acting to Segals pseudo, badly done fight scenes. In the last fight scene when Segal is fighting a female "bad guy", her wound keeps changing from her left to her right side. Looks like the editors fell asleep while they were trying to make heads or tails of this fiasco.

Can't believe that Sony actually allowed their name to be associated with this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars See Segal Commit Further Career Suicide, January 18, 2007
I don't know what happened here. Some of Steven Seagal's dialogue is mysteriously (and poorly) voiced over by some third party. The plot is all but missing, and SO IS THE ACTION. Is this an attempt to move into Sci-Fi/Horror by Mr. Seagal? This movie is as poor as his early movies were fantastic. I would NOT have allowed this movie to be released in this condition if I were the star. Claude Van Damme is somehere in Belgium laughing his @#& off.

3.0 out of 5 stars Revenge is a dish best served cold, or in a buffet line, July 25, 2009
This review is from: Attack Force (DVD)
After watching Into the Sun earlier we had the opportunity to make it a double feature Saturday when Attack force also came on tv hours later. Being the Seagal fans we are this was an opportunity we simply couldn't pass up. It kind of felt like an old school Saturday when we used to spend our evening watching some hilarious flicks, except 2 key members were missing. None the less it brought Sid's mind back to the good old days which is always a welcomed occasion.

In Attack force Seagal plays Marshall Lawson and has unleashed his finest mullet to date. This thing is good, we want to be friends with it. It pretty much looks like his ponytail also gained weight forcing to stretch wide for a full mullet/Myers effect that cannot be contained. Aside from his mullet Marshall lost his strike force/competitive eating team by a group of government tested freaks. Marshall discovers the military secret and has to take on the US army along with the super warriors in a battle royal of hilarious proportions. Throughout the film there is a very strange dubbed effect going on. Sometimes Seagal's mouth will be moving but a different voice is heard not matching up with his lips. The voice sounds nothing like Seagals, much like the Pesci voice in the edited tv version of Casino. Awesome! 1 star right there for it's b dubbed goodness. You can tell a lot of effort went into this one.

Attack force earned itself 3 stars in our eyes despite mostly terrible reviews from the masses. Both this and Into the Sun got bashed but actually turned out to be pretty entertaining. You just have to love what Steven has become. He has pretty much become the obese version of Johnny Cash because he wears black everything in every movie he's done since the early 2000's. At least he was somewhat understandable despite the dubbed issue. Try to watch anything he does now and you'll need to hire a translator to understand anything he say. This one would have been enjoyed back in the old days filled with laughs, especially from Santa.

Attack Force
Attack Force by Michael Keusch (DVD - 2006)
$9.99 $5.56
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.
Rate and Discover Movies