Attitude Is Everything: Change Your Attitude... Change Your Life!
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$10.76+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

The content of this book seems to be a story of my life. I also went through a time where I was very down and negative. One day I decided to change my life by changing my thinking. I read books on attitude and listened to motivational tapes until I did indeed, change my thoughts and change my life. I also made a commitment years ago to dedicate my life to helping others realize that we create our own destinies. Jeff did a great job laying out the "lessons" it took me SO many years to learn, in one easy to read, motivational masterpiece that teaches "real" happiness. I HIGHLY recommend Attitude Is Everything!
on September 22, 1999
This is a very easy-to-read book that packs a powerful punch. Jeff Keller has skipped over the fluff and delivers a very practical and insightful step-by-step recipe for expanding your vision of yourself and your world. If you follow Jeff's recommendations, and take notice of how he has applied these same principles in his own life, there is no limit to what you can accomplish. Thanks to his very persuasive pen, and his good dose of tough love, we all have access to solid principles of personal achievement that WORK! You'll want to grab this book and be sure to cancel all your appointments when it arrives. I'll definitely be recommending this little gem to all my coaching clients.
on July 24, 1999
I recently finished reading Attitude is Everything. I have to say that I am very impressed. When you first hear about a book on the topic of attitude, you think that there's going to be a lot of hype and "rah-rah" stuff. That wasn't the case here. Rather, I found that there were plenty of specific and practical tips for success. A perfect example is the chapter on "networking" -- there were many techniques about "communication" and "follow-up" that I've been neglecting. Reading these suggestions made a positive impact on my business. In fact, I ordered ten additional books and have been sending them to business colleagues and prospects. Finally, what also impressed me is the sincerity of the author. I could tell that he not only believes what he's saying, but that he's applied all of these principles in his own life. It was nice to read something written "from the heart." I highly recommend this book.
on December 22, 2005
Just the right dosage of why a positive attitude is that important and how to attain it! Simple, straight forward, and well written with very good picks of stories and sayings to illustrate his points! A great read that can be completed within two hours, though it will take much committment to put the teachings into practice and to re-read it regularly to fight against our inertia to change and improve. Highly recommended!

Below please find some of my favorite passages for your reference.

Attitudes are a secret power working 24 hours a day, for good or bad. pg 12

You must first see clearly a thing in your mind before you can do it. - Alex Morrison pg 27

One person with a commitment is worth more than 100 people who have only an interest. - Mary Crowley pg 41

"Am I willing to do whatever it takes to achieve this goal?" If your answer is, "I'll do just about anything, excpet that I wont do ____," then frankly, you're not committed. pg 44

Repeat anything often enough and it will start to become you. - Tom Hopkins pg 55

My blindness is a trivial affliction and just barely an inconvenience. - Kent Cullers, Head of NASA's Search for ET Intelligence Project. pg 60

Choose words that will point you in the direction of your goals. pg 64

If you want to be successful, you must be willing to be uncomfortable, to do things that you are afraid to do. pg 95

And the one "YES" (from a publisher) after 33 failures is what launched the spectacular success of Chicken Soup for the Soul. pg 111

Success seems to be a largely a number of hanging on after others have let go. - William Feather pg 112

If you are positive and enthusiastic, people will want to spend time with you. pg 118

I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. - Charles Swindoll pg 129
on November 20, 2002
Jeff Keller has written a great book on improving your attitude. It has short chapters making it quick and easy to read. He includes practical stories or examples to help relate to what he is saying, then tells you what to do. He doesn't make you feel stupid or like he's any better than you are. There's no beating-around-the-bush and no guessing to what he's trying to say. No big fancy words, just plain, simple, easy reading that really makes you want to change your attitude! It's money well spent.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I appreciate this book's straight-forward simplicity. Jeff Keller has rolled up his sleeves and given us the bare bones, straight goods on how your attitude determines your success.
Some books that I've seen in this genre are simply a tired collection of someone else's quotes, thrown together to hopefully inspire. This book does have an outstanding array of quotes, but they are used to complement an already solid, meaty foundation.
Attitude is Everything covers three basic areas: thinking, speaking, and acting in ways that support your success. Keller rightly says, "...there's more to success than just having a great attitude." He also shows you how to apply that great attitude as a catalyst to your success.
You will learn how to change your thinking, make a commitment, overcome adversity, form new habits, face your fears, risk failure and turn it into success. The final chapter alone, about the power of networking, is worth the price of the book. Five big stars!
Larry Hehn, author of Get the Prize: Nine Keys for a Life of Victory
on February 21, 2002
A wonderful blue print anyone can use to attain the benefits that go along with having a positive attitude. As is so well stated in the book, our attitude often determines the level of personal success we achieve. I've read a number of books on the role that attitude plays in one's personal achievements. I can say without a doubt that Jeff's book is one of the best. Filled with real examples that anyone can apply and begin to see results with... Josh Hinds founder - GetMotivation.com
on September 26, 2000
I am reading this book, and I have learned that if you change your attitude, you change your life. You are energized, again and again. You begin to see new possibilities. You move into action. You achieve extraordinary results. Develop your incredible potentials. There are few successful people because there are few individuals who make a commitment, follow through with a positive attitude ... and have the persistence to get the job done. Success is a state of mind. You have the potential to become more than you ever dreamed. You have greatness within you... and your attitude is the key to unlocking that potential. NOW is time to take control of your attitude and start creating miracles in your own life.
Just read this book before an interview, and your energy and power will be with YOU. Good luck.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is a short, easy to read book filled with lots of excellent information. The book was written in 1999, but it is based on principles and those never become dated.

There is not a lot of hype and the book is not a long sales letter for Keller's other material.

To me the best lesson is about fear. Jeff said his real breakthrough came when he realized the truth of Gil Eagles' words "If you want to be successful, you must be willing to be uncomfortable." The simple truth is that as youngsters, most of us were willing and eager to try new things. As adults, we are deathly afraid to get out of our comfort zone. Which dooms us to the status quo.

The underlying theme of the book is if you want circumstances in your life to change, then you must change. And it starts with your attitude.

The book can be extremely valuable for someone looking for some solid information on how to change their lives. But as Keller points out, changing your attitude without taking the necessary action will produce very limited results.

The book is straightforward and written in plain language so anyone can understand. If the advice is followed, the results will be outstanding. Unfortunately most people are looking for a silver bullet and are not willing to do what is necessary to succeed.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is one of the best books I read in a long, long time. What makes this book so special is that it's written in such a personable style. The author writes as if he is really talking just to you! His enthusiasm to help you improve you attitude is outstanding. His examples are from typical people who changed their attitude and thereby changed their life!
Another great thing about this book is that it short and to the point. There is no time for fluff in the Jeff's phenomenal book. Jeff's a no nonsense person. His approach to self improvement makes this book really stand out from being just another self help book. I found this book to be really motivating! I feel that my attitude greatly improved by reading this book! Highly recommended!
Zev Saftlas, Author of Motivation That Works and founder of EmpoweringMessages.com
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...