Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Miami Attraction (Kimani Romance)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on May 23, 2011
I enjoyed the story. Angel that mutt gave me some really good laughs. I could picture in my head the havoc that dog was wrecking everywhere. I thought Dusty was a really great character, but Mikayla's character could have used a bit more development. Some of the things that she did seemed a bit over the top. I know she had a tragic event in her life, but sometimes her actions just didn't make sense to me.
on November 9, 2012
I am an animal lover and the fact that this man was a "dog whisperer" played into that love for animals. I even loved the way her dog was Mikayla's guarding angel. I loved that. It really gives you the truthful example of how animals can sense your moods. So that was great. I understood why she hide and I get why she stayed hidden. The romance with Dusty surprised me in the sense that if she was hiding like she was how would she be so comfortable having sex with Dusty? And the whole carnival people element was something additional to think about...that could be a whole story line unto itself.
on May 16, 2010
Elaine Overton writes a fun loving piece about two individuals with a lot in common including a love for furry K9 friends and a truck load of personal demons. Will their keep them from finding happiness together?

Mikayla Shroebr has a two hundered pound playful, lovable and destructive mutt named Angel, that is always leaving her in a bind. Mikayla knows that something must be done Angel and his lack of doggie manners ASAP. Dr. Dusty Warren is a man with a heart for animals and a reputation for being able to tame the wildest of them all. Dusty Warren is Mikayla's last hope while Angel and Mikayla are Dusty Warren's biggest challenge. Will dusty and Mikayla be able the battle their personal demons and find the love and passion they both desire?

Elaine has written an fun story filled with moments of intensity and excitement. The story was a pleasant and enjoyable read for any fan of romance.

Reviewed by Missy
For Sexy Ebony Book Club Reviews
on April 17, 2010
This is my first time reading Elaine Overton work but I'll make sure to pick her work up in the future. Her characters were believable and I loved Dusty from the start kind, loving, compassionate, yet strong and tough when he needed to be. I really enjoyed reading about Angel's (the dog) antics. It almost made me want to get another dog. Mikayla's life story is both sad and inspiring. All in all a very good romance story with a lot of humor and beautiful love making and even suspense mixed throughout.
on May 12, 2010
This book was so entertaining and I felt Elaine dealt with the real life issue of coming to terms with ones past to move successfully into the future. The characters were believable and quirky at the same time. Life's situations were not glossed over and I felt Mikayla and Dusty took their time getting to know each other and developed trust along the way. Great Read!
on April 7, 2010
I really enjoyed the story between Dusty and Michaela I thought the story line was a little different then usual which is a good thing where Michaela is trying to run from facing her past and she meets Dusty a Veterinarian in Miami when she takes her dog in for training I have always enjoyed Elaine Overton's books
on May 29, 2010
I THOUGHT MIKAYLA AND DUSTY'S STORY WAS GREAT; THE MAIN THING THAT I TOOK FROM THIS NOVEL WAS THAT YES, YOU CAN NEVER RUN FROM YOUR PAST NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY,BUT ALSO THAT LOVE CAN COME TO YOU WHEN YOUR NOT EVEN IN SEARCH OF IT.
on April 11, 2010
I really enjoyed this book. It was different from all of the usual romance novels. You know the love and drama.
on April 4, 2010
I just finished reading this book...I'm at a loss for words on how to explain how I felt about it. I felt like the storyline as well as the characters weren't developed enough. It also seemed like the story was rushed. I mean, one page I was at "A" and the next I was at "M". I do think the author tried to make it an interesting story with figuring out her background but in the end it left me unsatisfied...
VINE VOICEon April 6, 2010
I did not get this book at all. It lacked a strong story line and direction. I felt shortchanged. The best part of the entire story was the dog and Dusty's honest feelings for Mikayla. What a let down. I am giving it three stars because of the dog and the fact that I believe there was a good attempt at chemistry.