Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Audible App Has anyone tried using the audible app on the Garmin nuvi 2455 to listen to audio books while driving? I travel 2 hours round trip to school everyday and would like to take advantage good reading time. Since the CD player in my car is broke, and I need a GPS anyway, I thought this might be a good idea. My husband swears I wouldn't be able to hear or understand it over road noise. I think he doesn't want to spend the extra $$$

Thanks,
Desi
asked by Desi671 on January 7, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
I don't have the Garmin 2455. But I do have the Garmin nuvi 760. I have a 1 - 2 hour drive to and from work each day and would go nuts if not for the audio books. I have to keep the volume up rather high (80 or 90 percent), but I hear it fine. It really helps with the long drives.
Suzy Q answered on January 30, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have never tried audio books on my Garmin because they work so very well on my Iphone. Just plug the phone into the Aux. jack using a cord I bought at Radio Shack and it plays wonderful sound (voice or music) through the car's stereo system. I DID try using my Garmin's Bluetooth connection with my phone, and found it very difficult to hear and understand what was being said when I was on the highway. I would expect audio books to have the same problem. You just can't beat having the sound come through the stereo system (but an older model will not have the AUX. jack). Just my 2 cents.
fwt
FredToo answered on December 5, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have a Nuvi 770 and have used the audible capability. When it burned out in the Texas heat a couple of years ago - I found a refurbished 770 to replace it. the 770 has an audio output jack so I always play thru the car radio.

I must confess tho - with the audible app on my iPhone the 770 gets used only on long trips now.
Philip K. answered on March 17, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product