Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 20, 2012 12:10:10 AM PDT
I'm really interested in owning Game of Thrones, but I'd like to know: does the DVD have commentary per episode? Or is that just the Blu-Ray?

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 12:38:17 PM PDT
nisallik says:
Not sure if the DVD version has them, but I just wanted to add that I loved them! Especially loved the Bran, Sansa, and Arya commentary on their episode... especially the intro. =)

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 12:05:50 PM PDT
I have only watched disc 1 so far (AMAZING!!) but am unable to get the commentary to run for either episode 1 or 2. ??????

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 4:42:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2012 4:44:27 PM PDT
Mark Victor says:
My local public library has NINE copies of this on DVD - maybe you can find them at you own local library.
Personally I found the audio commentaries to be pretty worthless, but this way you could find out for yourself. On the other hand I think this series continues to be interesting with repeated viewing and for that reason I'd like to get the Blurays, with worthless audio commentary or not.
Its true that there is one commentary featuring the Stark children where it was rather enjoyable to hear these children being. well, children. Extremely gifted children, and to my mind the best thing about this series, especially given that it should last a number of years and we'll have the opportunity to watch them grow up into, presumably, rather gifted adults.
Edit: For the sake of clarity I should say specifically : yes, the audio commentaries are present on the DVD's, not just the Blurays.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 5:14:04 PM PDT
Thx for the library info; I will definitely check that out. As I said, I have only watched episodes 1
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Mar 20, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Game of Thrones, Season 1
Game of Thrones, Season 1 by Harry Lloyd (DVD - 2012)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (3,419)