Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on February 27, 2012
I don't have much experience with higher quality headphones, but I am really taken aback by how great these sound. All I really have to compare them to are my friends dre beats and I would say that these are vastly superior.

The bass is very heavily emphasized and it doesn't muddy out anything else, but also sounds good with some classical that I listen to. They also get pretty loud without an amp. (using a sansa clip plus as an mp3 player)

Very comfortable. I wore these for about 6 hours and the only discomfort I felt was how warm my ears started getting over time. That is saying a lot since I wear glasses. The ear pads are also very soft. That would probably be why it doesnt hurt to wear them with glasses.

The point where the cord meets the jack is covered by a spring to help prevent damage to the cord. This is a nice feature since I have a tendency to put my mp3 player in my pocket on the go.

The only cons I could really give these are in the design. The cord is a 9 foot straight cable. It can be a little awkward to use if you take them everywhere like I do. It is also made out of mostly plastic. It certainly feels sturdy enough but my friends and I have both noticed it looks kind of like a toy (atleast in this limited edition color)
44 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
Not a native speaker, so excuse me if I somehow fail to describe what I exactly have in mind. But I feel the need to express myself regarding this product.

I am impressed by these headphones, more so than I have EVER been impressed by any headphones I have owned so far, including 2 somewhat similiar Sennheisers. I am listening to songs in FLAC format, and the sound in various guitar-based musics is so "defined". Everything is right there without stepping on any of the others feet. The bass is not superimposing itself on anything but is everpresent. The high and lows are well balanced. The sound is just amazing for the price they are sold at here in Amazon as of this writing (120-150$ range).

I gotta say the design is not as catchy as some other brands, like dr-you-know-who. The build quality is "good" not "great". There are many better looking, better designed headphones out there. If you are in for the looks, dont even bother with these. But if what you hear is what matters, you probably wont be able to spend any better 150$ for the job.

The isolation is working very well. I find the cord guard useful. These are not the lightest of the kind, but on your head they dont feel as heavy as they do in hand. I have been sitting in front of my computer for a bit more than 2 hours so far and dont have the least bit of aches or anything. I probably can keep this going for another 2 hours with no problems at all.

If you are considering about buying these headphones, stop considering and act right now. Trust me you wont ever regret it if youre looking for a headphone of this kind.
on February 25, 2012
I just received these beauty's today, and have been listening to them for about 4 hours on and off and I have to say I am EXTREMELY impressed. I purchased these cans because I have been becoming more and more picky about sound quality, (Birth of an audiophile? let's hope so) and I read MANY great reviews (about the M50's in general as they are identical to the non LE versions, other than look) I have been listening to many types of music, mainly electronic, but some classical/jazz and they sound near perfect. You can hear a Pp Clarinet solo like it was right next to you... One complaint on sound has to bee that the highs are a TAD harsh, but I'm hypothesizing that they will smooth out after burning them in for awile.
They are quite comfortable over my medium long hair, but push a little underneath my ears, nothing too bad, just a smidgen annoying if I focus on it. You can loosen or tighten the headband by spreading the headphones out. My ears do get a bit warm after a bit, but just by taking the cans off and shaking my head they cool down, and back to the comfort and MUSIC!

I will edit this review once I have burned them in, and once I purchase a Headphone Amplifier and Ipod dock out adapter. (pretty set on the Fiio E6 and L3 products)

As of right now (before burn-in) I give these headphones a 9/10

~Cameron
on May 27, 2013
My record label purchased a pair of these earlier this year and I must say, they've definitely boosted the productivity, creativity and quality of my artists sounds.

They're comfortable to wear and feel very sturdy and well made. The cord is nice and long (can be an issue traveling with them though) so you no longer need an extender to walk around a room. One thing to note also is that they're alil tight on the neck if youre going for the "around the neck" style.. Not as comfortable as beats in that respect, but thats the ONLY time Beats, beat these headphones. The bass, mids and highs all hit exactly where they need to and I noticed I can now hear things in songs that I didnt even know existed.

Conclusion? Enjoy the headphones and buy with confidence! Audio Technica 4 Life!
on November 28, 2012
I got these for $130, I guess it was cyber Monday deal, I had no idea but I got them. As a musician I can tell you that these are incredible. I had AKG K240s semi open headphones, but I wanted more audible and clear bass, also the high frequencies are just perfect same as the k240s, I didn't notice any distortion when listening to Dub Step as somebody mentioned in one of the comments, also they look awesome, very comfortable.
on June 21, 2012
The headphones are amazing and the quality is great for the low price point. No other headphones in this price range can even compare. The shipping was fast, and there was no damage whatsoever to the package itself. Will definitely buy from here again! Thank you!
on January 8, 2013
These headphones are simply astonishing!! From build quality,sound and value you will not find anything better. Audio technica is serious about their stuff, their reputation says it all. I couldn't be happier with these!
on January 13, 2015
I have had these headphones for a couple of years now and they are great! When "Beats" first became popular and my oldest son was asking for them, I couldn't justify spending that amount of money for headphones with not so great reviews. I started researching and gave these a try. My older son has a pair of white ones. My other son is constantly swiping mine! My youngest son is not exactly careful with his things and these have stood the test of time, still look and sound as great as they did when I first got them. Recently, I thought they were broken when the sound didn't sound as good anymore when attached to my iPhone 6 plus. I quickly found out it was the case that was on my iPhone. It was preventing the plug from going completely in the port. Both pair are still working great! I always feel good when a product turns out to be better than expected!
on September 20, 2012
These headphones are amazing! Being a self proclaimed audiophile, these actually impressed me a lot for the price. They feel small so you can take them with you when you go out. They feel pretty durable as well. I hate to be like the other reviewers but I really do agree these are beats by Dre killers. They produce that bass that is requested, but keep the sound quality of the mids and highs that the beats just dont have. These things are sexy too! The 50th LE edition looks very professional. If you are on a budget and want a headphone with some kick to them, look no further!

All Stats are based on a 1-10 scale. 1 bad - 10 amazing!

Build Quality:8
Appearance:7
Portable:10
Value:10
on February 27, 2013
best headphones i have ever owned, the sound just blows me away and i take them everywhere no matter how big they are. i might get strange looks at some places because they are more for dj's and i use them even while on the plane, they block out some noise and help me sleep better while on a plane. no sound leakage so total privacy even at high volumes. i can't leave home without these worth every penny!