Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Studio Monito...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 61% off the $239.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring, professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort. Detachable cable
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
|Price||$158.00||See price in cart||$119.95||Add to cart to see product details. Why?|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Next Generation Tech||Firemall LLC||Firemall LLC||Amazon.com|
|Special Features||foldable||foldable||over the ear headphones||foldable|
|Fit||Circumaural||Circumaural||Information not provided||Over-Ear|
|Dimensions||4.1 inches x 11.4 inches x 10 inches||4.1 inches x 11.4 inches x 10 inches||10 inches x 11.4 inches x 4.1 inches||1 inches x 1 inches x 1 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Color: Black | Style: Headphone
From the Manufacturer
Pure. Professional. Performance.
Online reviewers, top audio professionals and cult followers have long agreed that the ATH-M50 is an unmatched combination of audio and build quality, whether in the studio or on the go. That award-winning formula is embodied in the newly remastered M-Series line, with a model perfectly suited for every discerning listener. Contoured earcups seal tight for excellent sound isolation, with minimal bleed. And the pro-grade materials are durable, yet comfortable. M-Series professional monitor headphones deliver accurate audio and outstanding comfort that gets the job done. Hour after hour, year after year.
|Frequency Response||15- 20,000 Hz||15- 22,000 Hz||15- 24,000 Hz||15- 28,000 Hz||5 - 40,000 Hz|
|Driver Size||40 mm||40 mm||40 mm||45 mm||45 mm|
|Sensitivity||96 dB||96 dB||98 dB||98 dB||97 dB|
|Maximum Input Power||700 mW||1300 mW||1600 mW||1600 mW||2,000 mW|
|Earcup Swivel||15° Both Directions||15° Both Directions||15° In / 90° Out||90° Both Directions||90° Both Directions|
|Cable||9.8'' straight||9.8'' straight||3.9- 9.8'' coiled, 9.8'' straight||9.8'' straight, 3.9- 9.8'' coiled, 3.9'' straight||9.8'' straight, 3.9'' - 9.8'' coiled, 3.9'' straight|
|Weight||6.7 oz||7.8 oz||8.5 oz||10 oz||9.9 oz|
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 4:33 Mins|
The price/performance ratio is excellent, as with the previous M50s. The removable audio cable is the biggest difference, and the color choices are awesome. Worth checking out, for sure!
Enjoy the video!
The headphone cushions are also noticeably more comfortable for extended periods of use. As comfortable as the previous model was after extended use I would get this feeling that my head was being suffocated and gripped which would lead to a headache and while I don't think that feeling can ever be removed these headphones do a great job of prolonging that feeling.
For those asking about the cable connection going into the LEFT headphone, it is a snug connection so you won't have to worry about the plug coming out.
All in all if you own a pair of ATH-M50's I wouldn't go rushing out the door to replace them with these unless removable cables are that big of an issue to you but if you don't own the M50s this is definitely the way to go since you won't have to choose between coiled or straight cables when you can have them both.
M50 - look for deals online and you can find a brand new one for under $100 easily (I bought mine brand new for $80) with a deal alert on Slickdeals.
M50x - $169-189. Since they are relatively new there has not been any price reduction or deals yet and won't be for quite sometime.
Sound quality -
Same as M50, i.e. excellent and the best you can get for this money. Tons of reviews covering this so I'm not going into details.
Sound isolation i.e. noise cancellation -
Same as M50, i.e. very good. These aren't active noise cancelling, but its good enough for using in airplane, train, library, public transit or any other quiet environment. A very big plus compared to a lot of headphones that leak sound and renders it useless in such environments or in bed at night.
Build quality -
Speaker components - same
Band - same
Padding - uses a slightly better material, but Audio-Technica won't give out the exact specifications.
Both these are made in Taiwan.
Convenience - (I found this to be a big deal)
Connectors and wires - M50 comes with only 1 attached coiled/straight cable with a 3.5 mm plug and a 1/4" adapter; M50x comes with 3 cables plus its removable.Read more ›
1. Sound quality. Highs are crisp, but not too bright; mids are good; bass is punchy and tight. It is difficult to find *better* sounding headphones in this price segment.
2. Build. They are very solidly built and ergonomics are great. There is no complex suspending system, so there is nothing to break.
3. Very comfortable. These are over the ears (as opposed to on-ear) headphones, so there is no unpleasant pressure. The new ear pads are very soft, and the headband is enveloped in the same soft material.
4. Portability. Both cups rotate horizontally 180°, and they fold vertically, to make the headphone's dimensions quite small and portable-friendly. The supplied pouch comes in handy.
5. Unlike their predecessors, the ATH-M50X arrive with three detachable cables: a long straight one (you can use it to connect to a source that is further away), a short straight one (very handy when connecting to a smartphone, or if your computer is located very near to where you sit), and a medium-length coiled one (for mixed purposes). The insert-and-turn locking system secures the cable to the left cup.
6. No sound leakage. These are closed-back headphones, so you can use them in a room, filled with people, or while commuting, without the need to worry that you might disturb someone.
7. With an impedance of 38 ohms you do not need a headphone amp to drive them.
1. Cable connectors are proprietary. But then again you get three cables in the box, so it is unlikely that you will be looking to buy new cables any time soon.
2. At 285 g (10 oz) plus the cable, the ATH-M50X are a little heavier than similar-sized headphones I have owned. But making them lighter would most probably affect build quality.
3.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Doesn't fit my head at all. Only order this if you have a large head and can stand having very heavy headphones. Read morePublished 6 hours ago by G Hiles
OOOOH LA, LA,LA,LA,LAAAHhhhh! BEST PRO HEADPHONES FOR THE QUALITY 1ST,THEN PRICE 2ND!!!! FOR THOSE OF YOU STUDIO OWNERS/ARTISTS(HOME OR PRO)THESE ARE BY FAR THE BEST QUALITY... Read morePublished 11 hours ago by craig mcdaniel
This is my second pair of ATH-M50 headphones. I bought my first pair 4 years ago and they lasted really well. I bought this pair since I lost the last one. Read morePublished 12 hours ago by Nicolas
Freaking 10 stars. Seriously I don't know how they did such a good product for the price. I can listen every little detail on the music. Read morePublished 14 hours ago by Rafael
I'm a drummer and I bought these to use in the studio while recording with other musicians online. Before I bought these I was using a pair of Logitech headphones. Read morePublished 15 hours ago by Bob
After about two months of use, the headphone cable snapped off into my smartphone. This happened with normal listening, no drop, no shock, it just snapped off inside the phone and... Read morePublished 18 hours ago by B. Jolly
Owned these headphones for two and a half years and the sound quality is incredible for the price. The best part about these headphones have to be their durability, I honestly... Read morePublished 23 hours ago by Brandon Ly
For the price, I couldn't be happier. The sound is fantastic, not overly bassy like the Skullcandy headphones I was coming from. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Dustin