5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Headphones, Great Price, March 9, 2012
Dennis (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
I made the mistake of buying into the Beats hype and getting the Beats Solo when I replaced my Bose AE. The Beats headphones sucked, and I noticed it right away, but I kept them anyway. When they mercifully fell apart after 6 months, I did some research and decided on the ATH-Pro500. For the first week, I would text my BFF whenever I listened to them because the contrast between the Beats and the ATH was that big. Whereas the Beats only sounded good with music with a lot of bass, the ATH sounds great regardless of the type of track I'm listening to, be it classical, Latin, chill, electronic, hip hop, jazz, podcasts - everything. The sound clarity is ridiculous.

As great as these headphones are, there are a downsides, which are minor in my opinion. First, the headphones are bulkier and heavier than other headphones I tried. They don't crush me or anything, but they are noticeable bigger than the Beats Solo and Bose AE. (I think they're the same size as the Beats Studio, but I haven't done a side-by-side comparison.) Also, the coiled cord on the ATH-Pro500 isn't replaceable. I don't think I'll ever have to replace it because it seems sturdy, but FYI. These headphones are meant to be used at home, but I use them on my commute and the coiled cord can become entangled with things in my pocket. This is a minor annoyance, but worth a mention, I think.

So, to summary:

PROS: Sound great regardless of the type of music I listen to. Great price.

CON: Bulkier and heavier than comparable headphones. Coiled cord is not replaceable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cear sound for the price!, February 6, 2014
This review is from: Audio Technica ATH-PRO500 Professional DJ Headphones (Office Product)
I Would consider myself a bit of a headphone snob. I have compared this set to many pairs of headphones in the price range of $80 to $200 range and its at the top so far.

Pros.
Super build quality ( I have a pair of $200 Sony's and they feel like cheap plastic toys in comparison)
Super clear sound ( haven't heard anything clearer yet)
Screw on 1/4 adapter is very nice

Cons
Non removable cord
Weak on Bass sound.

For me the trade off for super sound quality vs Bass is worth the trade off.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product!, December 12, 2012
mlf (Clevesville, OH) - See all my reviews
audio technica is under rated to me. these headphones far exceed the more expensive dj headphones by brands such as pioneer & technics. i dj 2-3 nights a week & these hold up well. i buy a new pair about every year & a half, these would be my fourth pair now & i am always satisfied & have turned many friends on to this brand as well. they also share my feelings on these.

Audio Technica ATH-PRO500 Professional DJ Headphones