Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Martha Stewart American Made Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on Tikes

on May 5, 2009
I've had these for about a month and so far I'm pretty happy with them. When I tried them on at first I noticed the all around comfort when wearing them. I wear glasses so it was important for me to be able to wear the headphones for extended periods of time without any discomfort and these are great in this regard. When it comes to the sound I find that these headphones do a good job with what I need, good bass and volume reach.

I also have to agree with others who have written that these in no way offer any type of major sound isolation, so if you need headphones for use in a greatly noisy environment I suggest you look for something else.

The one issue I did have with them is that they are a bit big for me even on their smallest setting and they slide down to my face when I look down to the floor to pick something up. For the price I paid though ($26) I'm willing to put up with this minor issue.
on April 4, 2011
I got these a couple years ago and they have been reliable, if a bit heavy. The seam has started to break a bit on the headband, but I have definitely gotten plenty of use out of them. I highly recommend these if you want some comfortable cans for use at home. They are not very portable.

The company replaced the jack for free for me when it came off, EXCELLENT customer service!
on April 1, 2012
I use these headphones as studio monitors in my home reording studio. These are THE BEST headphones you can possibly buy for the $35 Amazon is currently selling them for. I have also used them for casual listening on my mp3 player and they work great for that also. The sound is clear and the highs are crisp. If you're looking for bumping head rattling bass, these are not for you, bass is however clear and has good definition.
on May 2, 2009
I researched quite a bit of headphones. My brothers have the higher 30 models, but I bought these before I knew that. I can't tell a large difference in sound quality between these and the $20+ models. I like my cord better, it is a coiled cord, 10ft long uncoiled, but stays about 6 ft long while completely coiled. I play guitar on these, and they do have some noticeable breakup in the mids and lows at HIGH volumes. I just like to push them... If you're reading this wondering if these will work; THEY WILL, go ahead an buy them! 1 yr warranty as well
on April 6, 2014
I got these for my mom, so she could use them with her iPad and Sansa player I got and filled up with her favorite music. However, I did burn them in and listen to them just to see what they sounded like. The cans I will be comparing them to are the famous (or infamous, depending on your point of view) ATH-M50s. Now, is that fair? Of course not, but it's what I use myself, like many other "budget Audiophiles". Quick review:

Highs: as to be expected, the highs are more tinny sounding and not as clear. These are much cheaper headphones, so go figure.

Mids: the mids are less recessed than the M50s, which are known to have that issue, however they are not as clear. Again, go figure.

Lows: it's surprising how close these come to the M50s in this department - the bass is there and it is fairly clear

Volume: these headphones would not be suitable for me (aside from the sound quality) simply because they're quiet in comparison to the higher end ATH headphones. However, she doesn't like to listen to music loud so for her, they're perfect. I will note that they aren't as quiet as everyone is making them out to be, and with a small headphone amp you could boost them and make them sound better in the process.

Soundstage: this is where these headphones really shine and why I'm giving them a five star rating - the soundstage is pretty much equal to the M50s. Really, really, really good.

Comfort: just as comfortable as the higher end ones.

Anyways, yeah. You get what you pay for, but looking at competitors, I'd say that by far these are best for the price. These were 24 dollars for me and 30 when not on sale - that makes the competing headphones things like the Sennheiser HD-202s. They're by far better than other headphones at this price, but that's not all. Obviously the sound is different but in terms of sheer quality, I'd say these are about 25% less than the Sennheiser HD-280s (with a much better fit though). So, akin to how the M50s are ~150 dollar headphones that rival ~200-250 dollar headphones, these effectively rival ~50-60 dollar headphones with the right setup, and for 24 dollars (apparently they're 21 now, too) that's a tremendously good deal. They're not going to satisfy anyone who has heard better headphones, but they're a great gift for people who haven't really heard good sound at all. One last note: ignore the people saying "these have no bass" about any Audio-Technica products. They're looking for artificial bass from overpriced Beats headphones or something because the bass response is fine.
on August 21, 2010
bought these 5 years ago and just recently they have started to wear out a bit (meaning sometimes the quality craps out if the cord is in a certain position). Note that I took these everywhere from working riding or skating around and to use at DJ Gigs.
love the quality and the comfort and I will be buying a new pair soon.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2014
I'm not even going to compare these to a $100+ headphones because that wouldn't even be fair, but for around $20 you really can't get anything better for home recording. I use them when I write music at home with my mbox2 Pro Tools 8 setup and don't have access to all the high end gear at the studio. These headphones are fine for 48k 16 bit recordings with budget microphones because you're not really missing out on fidelity that wasn't there to begin with. As you improve your gear you'll want to upgrade your headphones along with it. They isolate to a degree but you'll get some bleed through good microphones. Your whole setup is only as strong as its weakest link so just bear that in mind and buy the headphones that are appropriate for your purposes and for your gear.
on November 23, 2009
For the price and the dynamics involved in monitoring voice overs theses are hard to beat. Very comfortable on your HEAD and pocketbook I find the M20's a true bargain - they won't break the bank or your heart if you drop a pair too many times (don't ask!). Lot's of waaaaay more expensive cans out there but for most voice overs they are over kill. I team these up with my Porta-Booth [[ASIN:B0015TFO24 Porta-booth - Portable Sound Studio with Two Compression Sacs] and VO: 1-A microphone [ASIN:B002SMYUFY VO: 1-A Harlan Hogan Signature Series Voice Over Microphone] on the road.

on May 7, 2012
So the first reason I bought the M20s was for a replacement for my Sennheiser 205s (bought december 2011 for $25). I've never had good luck with headphone quality - the longest headphones lasted me 8 months and yes I've gone through all the name brands except Audio Technica so I thought I'd try the M20s. I have to say, when they came in the mail I had high hopes. They looked well made. Unfortunately, they too have a downfall. When played, the sound is a lot less compared to my old Sennheisers and also the bass is barely noticeable. There is ABSOLUTELY NO SOUND ISOLATION. Also, the headphones were extremely wide and so they constantly fell off my head until I had to press them together hoping they wouldn't break (which of course can't be good for future). These headphones were okay, but I know there is a lot better you can find for $36. They're fine for casual listeners who just care about sound and not bass though - clear and crisp. Just not what I would have wanted. Oh well, I'll just have to deal with these until I can afford new ones...
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2013
this pair of headphones is pretty much what I needed. it's a really comfortable pair and the chord is coiled so it is compact when you needed and stretches when you don't. the audio quality is the worst part of these headphones. it's not bad but it does distort if you have a certain EQ setting, or if you have the volume up high enough.