Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on October 17, 2011
Again, great mic. I would suggest buying the Stereo Adapter (3.5mm Stereo Male to 3.5mm Mono Female) from Radio Shack. Its about 3 bucks. Amazon is selling these same adapters for about 7 bucks plus shipping.
3131 comments306 of 329 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2013
Hi everyone,

I saw here a few bad reviews on this mic: people are complaining about low sensitivity.
Guys, this isn't a microphone for recording instruments, it DOES HAVE low sensitivity, and if you want to record your guitar - you will be disappointed with the results.

The purpose of this microphone is to amplify speech. It is perfect to use in conferences, shows, karaoke, weddings (for speech amplification) e.t.c. It has almost NO feedback issue and it does its job very well.

For its purpose it is 5 star product with excellent price tag.

If you need to make a recording - get a condenser mic.
0Comment44 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2010
I'm a Podcaster and I'm also into Internet Radio, When I bought my Board - a Behringer 1002b this past Summer I needed to upgrade to an XLR Microphone as my USB Microphone obviously wouldn't work in a mixer, I didn't have much cash so I went on amazon and looked for a cheap mic and came across this one, I bought it and didn't expect much since It cost $20, When It came and I hooked it up, I WAS SO IMPRESSED, For the Price this is great Microphone, It sounds like a PRO Microphone, the Sound Quality is perfect.

Pros:
-Great Quality
-Cheap, But GREAT for the Price

Cons:
Not Many
-Build Quality isn't what you'll get with a pro mic. i.e. PR-40, RE-20, or the Rode Procaster even

I'd also like it to ship with an XLR to XLR Cable, instead you get a XLR to 1/4 inch Cable which is like 20 feet long, Which is great, don't get me wrong, it still works great though.

Conclusion: Probably the best Microphone for the Price. Great if you need a Fast/Cheap Microphone for Podcasting.
0Comment37 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2010
Great for karaoke and other home applications.
I did not compare it with more expencive mikes but this one works just fine to my taste.
0Comment30 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2013
the sound on this mic is totally professional, this is not a kids karaoke mic, this is the real deal. very good quality, nice weight in your hand, not flimsy. very nice package deal. unidirectional, and it doesn't pick up any other noice. sound is crisp and clear.
on March 9, 2011
they work well. they arrived promptly and they were what i needed. not mics for singing though. and they come with table stands which are very useful
22 comments29 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2012
I purchased this mic for a ham radio application. Without a doubt, it is the best mic I have ever used and for the money, it has to be the best buy out there. Everyone seems to beat the drums for Heil mics and OEM mics, but this one blows them all away for a fraction of the cost. You won't be disappointed!
11 comment16 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2011
I wanted a product that was durable and that I could easily store when not in use. This was purchased for my Grandchildren to sing when they come to see their Nannie! They absolutely love it! It works very well. It's been dropped a couple of times but continues to work! I would recommend this microphone for anyone that is looking for a good price as well as a good product!
review image
on March 12, 2010
This mic is TERRIBLE for singing. Spend an extra $10-$20 if you looking for karaoke or something. Speeches, voice amplification in a large audience? It's fine. Vocal/Instrument is EXTREMELY mis-leading. I've heard bull-horns sound better than this thing.
22 comments34 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2013
The sound quality is great on this mic. It can be amplified several fold with very little distortion. My one qualm is that it doesn't seem to pick up much voice unless it's very close to your mouth. If held a foot away, it picks up almost nothing, while other (admittedly far more expensive) mics I've used do a much better job at this. Overall, though, it is still a great mic for the price.